• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
I watched a few eddies games this season, both 16A and 1st XV level and I was quite surprised with how Williamson stepped up and performed when he got the call up. If he has a good next season, AIC 1 position no doubt.

i have also watched williamson play a few games last year as well as most of the St edmunds games and i believe he was not up to First XV standards, unless he has a big off season and improves his game a lot i can't see him making any AIC teams for 2014... deffinately the weakness in eddies forward pack

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Possible Lauries 1st XV:
1. Michael Hansen-Luther (Gold Squad before injury ended his season)
2. Eric TourAriki (1st XV 2013)
3. Dan McHugh (1st XV 2013, only year 10 this year)
4. Mitchell Schneider (C) (1st XV, 16As 2013)
5. Matt Lennarduzzi (16As 2013)
6. Tom Askin (Gold Squad before injury ended his season)
7. Will Dwyer (16As 2013)
8. Tom Beikoff (1st XV 2013)/Emmanual Meafou (15As 2013)
9. Louis Quadrio (2nd XV 2013)/Ian Filipo (1st XV 2013)
10. Tuavii Jahnke (16As 2013)
11. Chris Anastasiou (16As 2013)/Jack Healy (2nd XV 2013)
12. Nic Jesburg (1st XV 2013)
13. Adam Parsons (1st XV, 16As 2013)
14. Jordan Bayne (1st XV, 16As 2013)
15. Joel Mead (1st XV 2013) /Ian Filipo (1st XV 2013)
Other players vying for positions:
Dom Maclean (Hooker)
Reece Carlton (Flanker)
Matt Ryan (Flanker)
Nick Maroney (Second Row)
Reilly Jones (Flyhalf/Centres)

I think Lauries will suprise a few people this year. With new coaches coming in they will want to start a new era for Lauries rugby. Having won the 16As premiership with most of their best players starting in the firsts this year, they will hope to come back for a second year in the black jersey and change a few results for the black and gold.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
Why is it he wasn't up to the "1st XV standard"?
From what I saw I think he easily held his own and has plenty of potential for someone who is relatively new to rugby.

just from watching some of his games i have seen he is carrying some extra baggage which he would deffinately benefit from not having, he has the potential just depends how much effort he puts in during the off season, i still believe he is not up to it to be completely honest... only my opinion

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
Possible Lauries 1st XV:
Dom Maclean (Hooker)
Reece Carlton (Flanker)
Matt Ryan (Flanker)

I think Lauries will suprise a few people this year. With new coaches coming in they will want to start a new era for Lauries rugby. Having won the 16As premiership with most of their best players starting in the firsts this year, they will hope to come back for a second year in the black jersey and change a few results for the black and gold.

Mate that lauries back line has not much size what so ever except for Parsons and the only reasons most of them have played firsts is because they had such a bad 2013 team they had to play so many year 11's and i don't think bayne will be a threat as he apparently didn't train for athletics ultimately loosing his speed to focus on rugby and gym...? thats abit stupid the kid play league div 1 if I'm right? it aint gonna help that much on the wing tbh and jesberg is just a touch player nothing to worry about there

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Possible Lauries 1st XV:
Dom Maclean (Hooker)
Reece Carlton (Flanker)
Matt Ryan (Flanker)

I thought Will Dwyer was aiming to convert to #12 at the start of this season?

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've heard roumors that kendrick from VILLANOVA has brought 2 cousins over from Samoa to villanova rumoured to play at outside centre alongside torphy and the other to play on the wing... if this is true this only makes villas claims of a third premiership very high and as underdogs will surprise a lot of people next year... does anyone know anything about these 2 imports?

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
AIC 1 prediction

1-Tom O'Toole
2-Dominic dingwell (Iona)
3-?
4-Daniel bryne (Marist)
5-James Lancashire (Marist)
6-Connor Gentile (Padua)
7- Kain Humphries (eddies)
8-Patrick Bevridge
9-?
10-Jayden Carroll (Iona)
11- Regan Glynn (St Pats)
12-Carter Auld (St Edmunds)
13- Cameron Torphy (Villanova)
14-David Yabsley (Iona)
15-Clifton Setu (St Edmonds)

The number 9 spot is anyone's game as there was no standout 9's in the comp last year that are either returning or from the 16As comp. the number 10 spot narrowly to Jayden Carroll over Kendrick from Villa only because Iona will have a better year than Villa therefore Carroll will benefit from team success. Not too sure on the other prop.

im also sure if villanova finishes in the top 4 it will off the back of a good forward back, so I'm sure if this is the case that the vacant 3 position you have could be filled by Alex Lockett (1st XV 2013) and the 9 position to Elijah Lui (1st XV 2013) both good villanova players who i have watched for awhile and if villa do well they will most likely find themselves in the team.

Tom beikoff

Bob McCowan (2)
Both Nic Jesberg and Reilly Jones made Queensland Touch U15 and U16 and have been playing league for 2-3 seasons not sure. This may be the most sharp and fastest centre pairing in the competition. and are gyming quite hard.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
Both Nic Jesberg and Reilly Jones made Queensland Touch U15 and U16 and have been playing league for 2-3 seasons not sure. This may be the most sharp and fastest centre pairing in the competition. and are gyming quite hard.
Yes I believe these two boys have been participating In rugby league in the past few years. Although I have heard from multiple sources that they are playing in the division 3 competition. Both boys lack in size, jesberg has slight speed but in no way seen as threats to the competition

Tom beikoff

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes I believe these two boys have been participating In rugby league in the past few years. Although I have heard from multiple sources that they are playing in the division 3 competition. Both boys lack in size, jesberg has slight speed but in no way seen as threats to the competition
Incorrect, Both played Division 2 for a club that got last year, and 2nd this year... They helped out massively, Still plenty of time for them to get bigger but.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
Incorrect, Both played Division 2 for a club that got last year, and 2nd this year. They helped out massively, Still plenty of time for them to get bigger but.
Well Tom, I was correct actually. I believe in rugby league the competitions are premier devision, division 1, division 2 ect. So techniqualy they do play in the third devision. There is still little time for size improvements, but the window is closing.

Tipper4569

Frank Row (1)
Well Tom, I was correct actually. I believe in rugby league the competitions are premier devision, division 1, division 2 ect. So techniqualy they do play in the third devision. There is still little time for size improvements, but the window is closing.

Bruss nic and Reilly have been destroying the touch and rugby league scene this year and will defiantly be running some qb's and roosters for the slc first this year. Not just this but both boys are pumping some good weights in the gym!

Thetruth7

Frank Row (1)
i have also watched williamson play a few games last year as well as most of the St edmunds games and i believe he was not up to First XV standards, unless he has a big off season and improves his game a lot i can't see him making any AIC teams for 2014. deffinately the weakness in eddies forward pack

For you to come out and say that he is the weakness in the ddies forward pack is laughable and goes to show you how little knowledge of the game you. I have a son who attends eddies (who dislikes the boy because he took his position in the AFL team but that is beside the point) however I have watched him not only play first XV but also play in the recent rep carnival. In both competitions he was by far one of the most dominant ball running forwards as well as having solid defense and being a real asset to a team in regards to the breakdown.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
Bruss nic and Reilly have been destroying the touch and rugby league scene this year and will defiantly be running some qb's and roosters for the slc first this year. Not just this but both boys are pumping some good weights in the gym!

Reilly Jones and Nic Jesberg played div 2 league and jesberg by far a better player in comparison to jones. I'm struggling to see jones be a dominating threat in 2014...? and talking about jones be a hard hitting centre is laughable he is nothing but soft

Tipper4569

Frank Row (1)
Reilly Jones and Nic Jesberg played div 2 league and jesberg by far a better player in comparison to jones. I'm struggling to see jones be a dominating threat in 2014.? and talking about jones be a hard hitting centre is laughable he is nothing but soft

I never said anything about jones being a hard hitting centre he and jesberg both run great lines so this could be beneficial considering the past years when they use the crash ball center it doesn't work bruss.

Helga

Frank Row (1)
Hi guys!
Long time reader first time poster
I would just like to say how appalled I am with the one some of the posters on here put some boys down. In particular that poor Cayleb Williamson boy. For people to come out and not only say that he is "the weak link" in a team but also to say he is carrying a bit of extra weight is just down right awful. I would hate to think what any of the people on here would have to say about my poor little nephew Clifton Setu. Please guys just stop with all these hurtful comments and just talk about the positives :)

Status
Not open for further replies.