• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
Chris Morris recently played in a rep team for Brisbane. After being originally picked as a starter he was benched for Ashgroves Louis Gannon. Gannon is likely to play seconds or either thirds for Marist. Just goes to show the depth of Marist and also that maybe Morris isn't the bees knees like you say.
That rep carnival is rowned for its crappy selectors and coaces. I played in that team and the coach made a terrible decision dropping chris, he made one error and was dropped, I personally think chris is a great player his ball running skills and tackling superb ill sure to be looking forward to playing against him come the AIC season

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
Hasn't been much talk about St Patricks for 2014, possibly a weak year for the Northside School?
The boys on the northside will field a back line with regan Glynn likely to captain the leprechauns and a winger that represented met north this year as well as stan hunt but he isn't a concern. The forward are very weak with their main strike force coming threw Tom trembath but really inexperience when it come to first XV rugby

FootyGuru

Bob McCowan (2)
thats seems correct i heard that the 2 usual starters played 7 and the other played 13.

St Patricks 1st XV Prediction 2014?

Not exactly sure of names but the likes of Reegan Glynn , Dan Robinson will be the go to men. The boys from shorncliff will field a young team most likely undersized and will struggle next year much like the Padua team in 2013 .

In my opinion next year will be a rebuilding year for St Pats looking for a big 2015

FootyGuru

Bob McCowan (2)
Chris Morris recently played in a rep team for Brisbane. After being originally picked as a starter he was benched for Ashgroves Louis Gannon. Gannon is likely to play seconds or either thirds for Marist. Just goes to show the depth of Marist and also that maybe Morris isn't the bees knees like you say.

There has been numerous posts about Chris Morris, but what he does have going for him is experience. Playing the majority of the season as paduas scrum half only missing two games to dropped fly half Stephen gill. He is obviously good enough to play 1 st XV. It's believed he is a strong ball carrier, good tackler and cleans up well at the back of the ruck although some questions have to be asked about his service putting a lot of pressure on his pass recipients in 2013. This may change in 2014 with the padua forward looking to be mode dominate then last.

D

david yabsley

Lauries are yet to unleash there hidden miracle Prop/fullback darcy william Sellick. Also known as:Selly bean and chooka.
His positives are his weight(bulk), health eating habits, good bloke and knows what it takes to captian a first 15 team to an undeafted premiership.

D

david yabsley

Front row isn't a forward pack though mate, I don't know who has the biggest pack hence the reasoning for my last post
Lauries forwards have been training all off season and are up to the high standards that they wish to be preforming at. They will dominate most forward packs next season. nuff yaba out.

Big Ron

Frank Nicholson (4)
In past years the AIC has produced talented players such as Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Christian Welch, Jack Creighton and most recently Brad Wilken and Junior Fakaosilea. With the 2014 season beconing, will we see this kind of talent in 2014? Who will be the cream of the crop?

D

david yabsley

In past years the AIC has produced talented players such as Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Christian Welch, Jack Creighton and most recently Brad Wilken and Junior Fakaosilea. With the 2014 season beconing, will we see this kind of talent in 2014? Who will be the cream of the crop?
Jordan bayne is running late 10's (hes back in form boiz). yabba out

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
Regan Glynn, Clifton Setu I think that they will be the best backs in the AIc.
Kain Humphries is a good player but weather he wants to lift his standards is another thing.

padua4lyfe

Frank Row (1)
Pats are in my mind heavy underdogs but could shock everyone with the likes of Regan glynn, mana cecil, and sam farrell and lorenzo skelton all having 1st 15 experience in the backs and glynn and farrell playing in the state champion cryil connel cup side at norths and then Dan Robinson, and the two Jacks Churchill and Cavanha also with plenty of forwards experience this year and the year before. don't under estimate this team just yet.

FootyGuru

Bob McCowan (2)

The names mentioned above have gone on to great representitive honours such as Australian school boys rugby unuion, Bulldogs and storm U20 these players being the cream on the crop Of the last 5 years of AIC. I believe the 2013 season won't field any of the likes of these superstars but more close, competitive encounters between all teams viying for premiership glory.
I believe Iona, Ashgrove , villa , Eddies will be the top teams but don't rule out the boys from kedron.

Status
Not open for further replies.