• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ashes 2021-22

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Leach gets some reward. Smith done.

Declaration may not be a question if they get bowled out cheap... Might be better anyway.

Green owes us a few now.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
As usual I've spoken too soon and we're in a slight spot of bother. England may bowl us out anyway. Those runs they got in the middle session yesterday are looking mighty important now.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Khawaja must be a reasonable chance for MOM.

If that is the case there must be at least some chance of the 5th test team leaving out the MOMs from the last two tests. Quite incredible.

Edit: sorry - just saw Hazelwood is ruled out of the 5th test. You’d think that means Boland keeps his spot.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The odds are certainly against a big chase from England, but India did manage to bat the whole day out last summer. Admittedly that was on a different and more docile track.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Khawaja 100 & 50 on recall, surely he opens in Hobart?

Edit: Cummns should pull the pin when UK either gets out or to 100, he's already got enough runs in the bank esp if the weather turns to shit tomorrow (hope it doesn't, I'll be able to watch Ashes on big flat screen & stream NZ v B'desh on small flat screen (assuming tech dep't aka nephew has set up the casting thingo correctly) Lugsury, that :))

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No declaration at drinks so Cummins must want a lead of "x" rather than "y" overs in which to take ten wickets. I'd have thought a bowler might have looked at it the other way around but.

Edit: or maybe he's given Green "z" time or overs to get either a 100 or get out?

Green out, no declaration so must be "x".

LOL Carey out first ball & Cummins declares so maybe it was "w" all along... Wheels within wheels, plots within plots
etc

Poms need 388 & have to get through maybe 12 or 14 overs tonight.

Last edited:

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Khawaja must be a reasonable chance for MOM.

If that is the case there must be at least some chance of the 5th test team leaving out the MOMs from the last two tests. Quite incredible.

Edit: sorry - just saw Hazelwood is ruled out of the 5th test. You’d think that means Boland keeps his spot.
I’m guessing both MOMs will now be playing in Hobart.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Superb again from Ussie and the perfect second innings number 6 knock from Green. I’d say batting with Khawaja would have had a big influence on Green getting through the tough stuff at the start of his innings.