• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ashes 2021-22

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What about the bowlers? Starc looks cooked, Hazlewood is apparently still wounded, as are Richardson and Neser. Let's hope Boland's fall hasn't hurt him too much, he'd be a monte on slower pitches.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm in two minds about Starc. He looked a bit buggered in Sydney, but he also hoops them around with the pink ball. It's between him and Richardson for mine.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jos Buttler has a broken finger & is heading home. Sam Billings has driven down from Brisbane to replace him.

No word yet on Bairstow or Stokes AFAIK.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
You'd think Stokes would be out just from him not bowling and how stuff and uncomfortable he looked batting.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Can't see Stokes playing in Hobart, he's too wounded.

On the Oz bowlers' front Boland looks iffy but I was wrong about Neser, he's fit to go. Selecting Starc could be a bridge too far.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Harris dropped for Khawaja, Head returns. Boland needs to pass a fitness test but Starc is good to go. For Poms Stokes & Bairstow are both subject to fitness tests of their own.

Last edited:

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Harris dropped for Khawaja, Head returns. Boland needs to pass a fitness test but Starc is good to go. For Poms Stokes & Bairstow are both subject to fitness tests of their own.

I think Harris had to go but I am not sure how I feel about Ussie opening. I would have been tempted to move three and four up and leave him in the middle order. And I know that also has issues. No matter where they bat I think this is our best batting lineup right now.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sully, I haven't checked but I believe Uzzie's average as a test opener is in the 90s somewhere. Not many games there mind you, but still must give some reassurance.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Against a battered and beaten England at the tail end of the series. I think he'll probably be fine.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Sully, I haven't checked but I believe Uzzie's average as a test opener is in the 90s somewhere. Not many games there mind you, but still must give some reassurance.

Yep, it is in the 90's and honestly if you bat at 3 you're in the same category as an opener - a top order bat. He's played the majority of his cricket there so I think he'll be fine.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
A very pom like collapse there. Good recovery from Head and Green, until Head gets himself out a ball after his ton