• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ashes 2021-22

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Perhaps. His Shield form has been pretty good, but Ussie has made as many or more runs this FC season.
Yeah, buit Ussie represents the past rather than the future I think. Kurtis has at least 2 maybe three years on Ussie and I'd expect would be better value over the longer term.

EDIT : make that 7 years.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I reckon Silverwood should go first, it's not like England are flush with captaincy options but I'd imagine there's some pretty decent coaches out there who'd love to give it a crack. Or they could appoint Kevin Pietersen, that'd be kinda fun for as long as it lasted:)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
On this cursed tour I doubt if Root could snag any good fortune and win either of the next two tosses. He had his chance in Brisbane and right royally stuffed it up.

Ussie and Boland are both in, which will lead to us batting first and knocking the Poms over cheaply in their second innings. All over before the weekend.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Going to rain on and off the next 5 days in Moore Park, so England might be able to stem the bleeding with a draw.

Khawaja for 3rd drop

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rude, schmood - this is not tiddly winks. It is the olde enemy.

We've beaten them with our number 4 & 5 & 6 pace bowlers, and our three top batsman scoring fuck all in the last Test.

I could dig out my 6th grade subbies kit and take Head's spot and the odds would still be about right for an Aussie victory.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For all the stick Melbourne cops about rain interrupting play, Sydney in January seems to have the same affliction!

One of Australia’s leading Climatologists has declared there is evidence to support Shane Warne’s radical call for Sydney to swap its Test with Brisbane.

Warne believes Cricket Australia should look at stripping the New Year’s Test timeslot from the iconic SCG because it always seems to rain, and instead hand Sydney the summer opener every year.

However, leading Climatologist from the Bureau of Meteorology Blair Trewin told News Corp there was significant logic to Warne’s calls, particularly because it would also better suit the weather patterns in Brisbane – who traditionally host the summer opener.

“Measurable rain occurs on about 40 per cent of January days in Sydney,” said Trewin.

“This is similar to Brisbane in November/December (their usual Test timeslot).

“I suspect the number of hours with rain in Sydney is considerably higher than Brisbane (i.e. the Brisbane rain has a higher intensity on average), but this is difficult to get numbers for.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
that's a fairly uncontroversial call. As is mine that the ABC should hurry up and get rid of Ian Chappell as a commentator.
Amen to that. I listened to a fair bit of the first two tests in the car whilst travelling, and I now know that Chappelli thinks Root should bat at 3, and isn't a good captain. I don't believe he mentioned anything else in all those hours, aside, of course, from a full retelling of cricket in the 70s.