• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ashes 2021-22

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Averaging 23 after 11 Tests & only two 50's he's gotta be on borrowed time & if there's no-one else knocking on the door that's a problem for you guys I'd have thought esp if Warner's injury becomes a longer-term issue.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ as a great man (who was probably a bowler) once said, bowlers do the hard work, batsmen get the glory/ MOM awards. Head only gets to bat that way if England have been rolled & Cummins was front & centre of that both as a bowler & as captain (although I thought it weird the way he handled Hazelwood yesterday afternoon). Defo MOM for mine.

Edit: Cummins now being quoted as saying Hazelwood had a minor side strain & his not bowling yesterday was them managing the injury in anticipation of him being such a key component of the attack. Also quoted as saying Warner could've batted but was held back on similar grounds & that both should be OK for Adelaide.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
it was bloody good but I’m not convinced it impacted the match as much as Cummins. But always tough to overlook a better than run a ball 150.

Travis Head is from South Australia.

AdelaideRugbyFan84 is from South Australia.

giphy.gif

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
(On a side note: I wonder if fining players match fees in addition to docking them games would help with tackle red cards)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Worth remembering that Australia would've made the WTC Final but for the point(s?) deducted for a slow over rate in one of their matches v India (Sydney, I think it was).

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Worth remembering that Australia would've made the WTC Final but for the point(s?) deducted for a slow over rate in one of their matches v India (Sydney, I think it was).

And yet, teams still do it. Why? If you know you've got a bunch of blokes with long runups, then find ways to mitigate that by throwing in your part-timers more often.