• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lopeti or Sitaleki? After WC Laumape will be elegible too. I'm not sure if this was a good idea lol
Lopeti has already played for them. Sitaleki after his no vax stance..not sure where he has gone. At 35 - maybe nowhere, maybe end up US or Japan but not for Tonga.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Surely the bloke is better than the 2nd division in England???

Looks like they've been promoted for next season.

Also, Piutau became the highest paid player in the world for Bristol while they were second div. Don't think it matters.

Last edited:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Ealing would have been promoted but they don't have the requisite ground and facilities to be a Premiership Rugby club.

For Tizzano, presumably it's better for his rugby to go somewhere he'll play regularly than be second or third choice at a Premiership club (if that opportunity was available to him).

He's good but you also wouldn't expect him to be recruited to be a first choice 7 for a team in the Premiership. He currently can't crack a Super Rugby matchday 23. He did very well last year in a team that lost every game.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Ealing would have been promoted but they don't have the requisite ground and facilities to be a Premiership Rugby club.

For Tizzano, presumably it's better for his rugby to go somewhere he'll play regularly than be second or third choice at a Premiership club (if that opportunity was available to him).

He's good but you also wouldn't expect him to be recruited to be a first choice 7 for a team in the Premiership. He currently can't crack a Super Rugby matchday 23. He did very well last year in a team that lost every game.
Yeah, there was no chance he was getting back in with Hooper back this year, and now that the Tah's have Gamble it is better he get some actaul game time elsewhere.

Granted, I did rate him a bit last year, but this year wasn't going to cut the mustard.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah, there was no chance he was getting back in with Hooper back this year, and now that the Tah's have Gamble it is better he get some actaul game time elsewhere.

Granted, I did rate him a bit last year, but this year wasn't going to cut the mustard.
He'll become Jordy Reid no.2.Carlo can defend like hell but looks pretty lost when the ball is in his hands. Shame he didn't head back west as they're looking pretty thin next year but he'd probably see that as regression.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tizzano probably aiming to play for Italy now, pretty sure his eligible or alternatively just looking for game time, I guess its hard to improve if your just getting bench and/or just training

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Tizzano probably aiming to play for Italy now, pretty sure his eligible or alternatively just looking for game time, I guess its hard to improve if your just getting bench and/or just training

He would easily get a game for Zerbre in the Guinness league if he wanted to qualify for Italy

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Pretty sure his already qualified e.g. Grandparents.... or do you mean Italy requires you to play for one of their teams..

Nah they don't Garbisi is currently tearing a new one at Montpellier.

I just mean if his motivation was to go to the rwc next yr he could walk into a side that plays against quality teams every week. Clearly he is chasing game time.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lopeti or Sitaleki? After WC Laumape will be elegible too. I'm not sure if this was a good idea lol
I don’t know I think good for the game as pacific island countries been plundered for years so seems some equality being given back to allow this.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It looks like someone wants to live in US...
20220528_085112.jpg