• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Argentina, Sept 14th in Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
No, but if we rubbished players on one bad performance we wouldn't have a team to field....

Agree with this wholeheartedly. Problem is, the whole team seem to be complacent in their positions at the moment..

I really like the inclusion of White. I hope he revs everyone up and yells at the forwards. Hopefully it will wake Genia up and he'll come off the bench keen to prove himself.

Richo same here mate... Cannot, for the life of me, figure out why Alexander was the only change in the forwards. WOuld've moved fardy to lock, mowen to 6 and McCalman to 8 personally.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bit surprised at Mowen being captain. has done very well at S15 level but the bloke hasn't nailed a spot in the wallabies. IMO just holding the spot until Higgers and Palu return - probably would have gone with Moore but is he capable of that role.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bit surprised at Mowen being captain. has done very well at S15 level but the bloke hasn't nailed a spot in the wallabies. IMO just holding the spot until Higgers and Palu return - probably would have gone with Moore but is he capable of that role.

I think he has nailed a starting spot in the Wobs' backrow, but long term it probably won't be at 8........ Higgers and Palu to battle it out for 8........

And he's by far the best candidate to skipper the team.........

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Moore is suffering from the loss of Polota-Nau. He plays too many minutes and knows his spot is safe. Polota-Nau would keep him on his toes and let him play 40 minutes a game.

Benn Robinson's exclusion still makes no sense, what also makes no sense is that McKenzie is barely questioned on this, every journalist seems to accept it even after the poor results. What was his initial reasoning for his exclusion? This would also allow Slipper to move to tighthead where Ewen put up with him at the Reds for the last 3 years.

Reactions: BPC

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Guys - am trying to find wallaby results in all games since 2008 to currwent - Can someone point me in the right direction - thanks

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If the wobs lose this one, the ARU need to set up some sort of counseling service or help line for fans.

The players should man the phones for a few hours after the game. So we can ring them up and let them know how we feel. No twitter, no social media bs. Phone calls person to person.

It might help.

Nathan's

Frank Nicholson (4)

IMO, he has nailed on a spot - at 6. When injured players return:

4. Horwill (c)
5. Fardy
6. Mowen
7. Pocock
8. Higgenbotham

Would love to see this in action.

Also, will be interesting to see how White and Cooper's combination goes. Don't see why McKenzie wouldn't opt for To'omua, considering him and White played the whole Super rugby season together. Nevermind, hopefully Quade runs at the line, does well in defence and takes good options.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
IMO, he has nailed on a spot - at 6. When injured players return:

4. Horwill (c)
5. Fardy
6. Mowen
7. Pocock
8. Higgenbotham

Would love to see this in action.

Also, will be interesting to see how White and Cooper's combination goes. Don't see why McKenzie wouldn't opt for To'omua, considering him and White played the whole Super rugby season together. Nevermind, hopefully Quade runs at the line, does well in defence and takes good options.

Yep, Slipper, Moore and Palmer in the front row.

Coached by Laurie Fisher and Noriega, with Larkham running the backs and Link the head coach.

Dean Benton to take over fitness and conditioning. Fuck, i'd pay to see Benton run a session just to watch Kepu get tortured.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Here's an interesting question, and will probably no doubt spark some debate: what would the Wallaby pack actually be if everyone was available?

I honestly would go for something like:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Pyle
5. Horwill
6. Mowen
7. Pocock
8. Higgers

But even then there are problems. Jeez we have some really deep forward issues in this Country.

TPN in place of Moore, who goes to the bench. Fardy in place of Pyle, who would go to the bench. Palu (for someone who 50% of posters on this site have got no time for, we have seen in the last three games how badly he is missed) to 8, Higgers to 6 and Mowen to the bench. Higgers calls the lineout.

I am still petrified about Slipper at THP and I have reservations about Horwill's ability to support his THP under the new regime. I cannot over emphasise how much I agree with the bolded part of the post.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TPN would only replace Moore on current form.......

Otherwise Moore is definitely the better test hooker......

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting article in the Crimes.......

Genia has given White two pairs of boots as a gift for his first test start........

It also turns out White strained his groin in the warm up before playing the Chiefs in the final.........

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
If the wobs lose this one, the ARU need to set up some sort of counseling service or help line for fans.

The players should man the phones for a few hours after the game. So we can ring them up and let them know how we feel. No twitter, no social media bs. Phone calls person to person.

It might help.

good idea actually.

They man the phones 'you can call me bob' (they are all bob btw), 'tell me how you feel about the wallabies and australian rugby at the moment'.

And just shut the fuck up and listen while we vent.

good idea! Dare I say, a golden nugget of an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.