• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian U/19 v. England

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugby_man

I actually remember a game like this back in 2007, the last time England sent a team Down Under. The fixture was held at Concord Oval and was an Australian side comprised of players not involved in the Australia 'A' or the Australian Schoolboys side, but a combination of players who impressed at the National Championships and were unlucky to get an Australian jersey and players from the then NTS Squad. Might see a similiar side this time around. Nathan Stapleton (Cronulla Sharks) and Jordan McGregor (Southern Districts 1st Grade) were two players I remember playing back in 2007, with England Under 18 winning 15-8 if my memory serves correctly.

S

sportsfan

ARU Academy U19 XV playing England Schools at Weigall (Sydney) at 2.30pm on Sunday August 21 according to the ASRU newsletter

W

What2040

I actually remember a game like this back in 2007, the last time England sent a team Down Under. The fixture was held at Concord Oval and was an Australian side comprised of players not involved in the Australia 'A' or the Australian Schoolboys side, but a combination of players who impressed at the National Championships and were unlucky to get an Australian jersey and players from the then NTS Squad. Might see a similiar side this time around. Nathan Stapleton (Cronulla Sharks) and Jordan McGregor (Southern Districts 1st Grade) were two players I remember playing back in 2007, with England Under 18 winning 15-8 if my memory serves correctly.

believe Stapleton is playing 1st grade for the Sharks (Cronulla)

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
have seen a bit of the selected team - not at liberty to divulge - but you will find that it is basically compiled from players that are in the academies from WA, Canberra, NSW and QLd (many of who were overlooked for selection in the Aust schools last year) and players who have been kept on by NTS or entered the NTS system after their school finished (some of who were in the Aust schools last year) but many who were not. Dont think there is anyone who has got in from outside the NTS and academies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ctrl C + Ctrl V

National Academy U19s

Match v England 18s

Date: Sunday 21st August 2011
Venue: Weigall Sportsground, Rushcutters Bay
Time: 2:00pm

Name Club State

Lindsay Crook Gungahlin ACT
Les Makin Queanbeyan ACT
Hugh Roach Vikings ACT
Tom Connor Randwick NSW
Steve C-u-mmins West Harbour NSW
Tim Donlan Warringah NSW
Jason Havea West Harbour NSW
Malie Hingano Manly NSW
Jed Holloway Southern Districts NSW
Boyd Killingworth Warringah NSW
Apo Latunipulu Southern Districts NSW
Blake Murray Norths NSW
Tim Read Sydney Uni NSW
Peter Schuster Norths NSW
Dion Taumata Eastern Suburbs NSW
Luke Beauchamp Brothers QLD
Michael Bermingham Easts QLD
Mitch Felsman Brothers QLD
Matt Lucas Sunnybank QLD
Sam Reiser Uni of Queensland QLD
Kyle Godwin Uni of WA WA
Oliver Hoskins Cottesloe WA
Gary Neugebauer Associate WA

W

waves

this is a disgrace

Actually I think the team looks very strong.

1. Gary Neugebauer Associate WA
2. Hugh Roach Vikings ACT
3. Michael Bermingham Easts QLD
4. Steve Cummins West Harbour NSW
5. Oliver Hoskins Cottesloe WA
6. Boyd Killingworth Warringah NSW
7. Tom Connor Randwick NSW
8. Luke Beauchamp Brothers QLD
9. Matt Lucas Sunnybank QLD
10. Kyle Godwin Uni of WA WA
11. Mitch Felsman Brothers QLD
12. Apo Latunipulu Southern Districts NSW
13. Malie Hingano Manly NSW
14. Lindsay Crook Gungahlin ACT
15. Dion Taumata Eastern Suburbs NSW

Reserves:

Forwards:
16. Tim Read Sydney Uni NSW
17. Les Makin Queanbeyan ACT
18. Sam Reiser Uni of Queensland QLD
19. Jed Holloway Southern Districts NSW
20. Jason Havea West Harbour NSW

Backs:
21. Tim Donlan Warringah NSW
22. Peter Schuster Norths NSW
23. Blake Murray Norths NSW

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Not many QLDer's
Have to admit that was my first thought, although Crook and Taumata made OZ schools out of Qld. Anyone you consider unlucky T12. I thought O'Hare the Souths loosy might be a chance.

Not sure about Reiser but all the other Qld boys play Premier Grade so they shouldn't be intimidated coming up against the big boppers from England. Do the other boys play top grade in their respective comps?

Don't know much about the lads from other states, but most have been mentioned favourably in schools threads

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Well I can't really compare to those selected from other states, but I also thought O'Hare was a chance, same with Carpenter from GPS.

I was assuming Nick Frisby would get selected but I've been told he has injured himself pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.