• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ballymore Redevelopment

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
One of the other benefits of the NRTC development, QRU get to lease out the existing space and generate some revenue on-site. Former QRU HQ, ‘Rugby House’ now with new tenants, and the old gym is on the market also.
IMG_1807.jpeg

Ballymore, 91 Clyde Road, Herston 4006
https://www.realcommercial.com.au/504370636
IMG_1834.jpeg

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
One of the other benefits of the NRTC development, QRU get to lease out the existing space and generate some revenue on-site. Former QRU HQ, ‘Rugby House’ now with new tenants, and the old gym is on the market also.
View attachment 17542

Ballymore, 91 Clyde Road, Herston 4006
https://www.realcommercial.com.au/504370636View attachment 17544
There's a level of irony involved in Asics, who appear to be mostly divesting from team sponsorships, setting up shop in the former QRU HQ - especially with all the noise made around the return of Canterbury.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
There's a level of irony involved in Asics, who appear to be mostly divesting from team sponsorships, setting up shop in the former QRU HQ - especially with all the noise made around the return of Canterbury.
ASICS office was on Gould Road. I'd say this one is much less likely to flood.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Footage just in from QRU HQ

I think it's probably just coins no notes at this stage, but aside from that making a painful shower it's still great to see. Building an increasingly diverse set of revenue streams off the back of all the work that has been done to steady ship and return the operation to (a modest) profit looks to be setting the organisation up well for the future. Not to mention the political benefit from having other sports invested in the Ballymore going forward.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah 100%, I’d say the rental costs would be pretty low given the potential political benefits are worth so much more.

If this helps tips the balance in securing another $30million to upgrade the eastern stand then maybe the Roar will get an even bigger discount.

Theres a few football journos who would hate this news, nothing short of a new stadium at Perry Park is painful for them.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I wouldn’t think that handing over Ballymore would be on the cards anyway, I assumed the commercial operation referred to in reports for centralisation would be the commercial operations of the Reds, not the broader QRU.

it would be absurd if it were, not to mention legal implications of who the DOGIT is actually held by, it’s not the QRUs to hand over or sell to anyone else. It’s a lease from the State Govt in perpetuity to the QRU, not Rugby Australia.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Crowd apparently 3,600. Last Roar home game was around 800. Soccer World Cup to boost qld rugby coffers.
How’s the revenue sharing for these matches, a flat rental fee with all revenue to Roar? or some kind of revenue sharing model between Roar/QRU based on crowd attendance.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
How’s the revenue sharing for these matches, a flat rental fee with all revenue to Roar? or some kind of revenue sharing model between Roar/QRU based on crowd attendance.
I noticed the Reds promoted the game on their socials, which many lend some evidence to the latter

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Potentially, though there's a lot of benefit beyond the direct financial to success of any event at Ballymore right now, particularly as they push to get the eastern stand redone.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Potentially, though there's a lot of benefit beyond the direct financial to success of any event at Ballymore right now, particularly as they push to get the eastern stand redone.
Absolutely, plenty of reasons to get as many through as possible.

I would assume the agreement probably includes a flat fee (for certainty) plus an attendance-based modifier / additional fee which covers the costs associated with facilitating a larger crowd.