• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Kind of a shame though, with BEIN on Foxsport, there was a chance of more eyes on the games at times. On Stan it's really just the converted.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
AFL is bizarre. I get there are agendas at play here but every Monday it feels like there is a new vilification story with that shit sport.

The problem the AFL has is too many ex-player and journalist pundits in a sport that's confined to one country. They have to fill the airwaves with as much "content" as possible and a lot of it is gossip and other baseless garbage. I like my footy but make a point of avoiding as much of the footy media as possible, Apart from the Front Bar, those blokes are funny.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wonder how much AFL's decision to publicly back the Voice comes from the shit show that is/was the Hawthorn saga?

It's hard to distinguish from the noise of whether the AFL cares about supporting the Voice or if they're doing it to save face.

Nah, the Hawthorn saga wouldn't have been relevant - the AFL were always going to back the Voice.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
The problem the AFL has is too many ex-player and journalist pundits in a sport that's confined to one country. They have to fill the airwaves with as much "content" as possible and a lot of it is gossip and other baseless garbage. I like my footy but make a point of avoiding as much of the footy media as possible, Apart from the Front Bar, those blokes are funny.
That’s not the problem - it’s the plan. Clog the airwaves from the end of the Australian Open until Melbourne Cup. Content is king and they generate more than anyone else.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Barbarians Vs World XV on Stan
IMG_0507.jpeg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Huge loss. I was very lucky to have had a bit to do with Smithy particularly recently. He was as passionate as they come. Had great respect from the game.

It was a real thrill of mine to share a media box with him when I was pretending to be a journo with GAGR.