• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Palmer has been a disappointment all his senior career. He has enormous talent as a scrummager, but not much else.

Folau will bring supporters to the most important franchise in Australia, in terms of participation numbers, potential sponsors, etc etc.

Palmer will bring nothing, unless he learns to play as a genuine Test match forward, not just a scrum technician.

T

TOCC

What rubbish... Palmer is a 24yr old prop playing in technically the most difficult position on the field...

To suggest he has been a disappointment his senior career shows little regard for the art of scrummaging...

This isn't a Folau va Palmer debate anyway, they are separate issues, Folau didn't deserve his top-up and Palmer is yet to earn his..

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I love the most 'important franchise' bit. Funnily enough, Brumbies at their peak mirrored that of the Wallabies and therefore, Australian Rugbys peak.

When the Waratahs win something and constitute the majority of a champion national side, ill believe this.

Nb. Champion side in the professional era.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Palmer has been a disappointment all his senior career. He has enormous talent as a scrummager, but not much else.

Folau will bring supporters to the most important franchise in Australia, in terms of participation numbers, potential sponsors, etc etc.

Palmer will bring nothing, unless he learns to play as a genuine Test match forward, not just a scrum technician.

Wow, all I have to say is.........

:rolleyes:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This isn't a Folau va Palmer debate anyway, they are separate issues, Folau didn't deserve his top-up and Palmer is yet to earn his..

Also, I don't think it's necessarily about Palmer as it is about quite a few Wallabies, or genuine potential Wallabies who are more deserving of a higher pay than Folau.........

Obviously Palmer isn't worthy of a generous top up, but he's worth more to our game than a guy who has never played the sport before in a position where we're more than adequately covered.........

It's hypocritical of the ARU to have this silly rule where only the top x number of players earn a top up, and then they go ahead and hand over a big sum of cash to somebody whose impact may be no more than a few newspaper headlines.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I love the most 'important franchise' bit. Funnily enough, Brumbies at their peak mirrored that of the Wallabies and therefore, Australian Rugbys peak.

When the Waratahs win something and constitute the majority of a champion national side, ill believe this.

Nb. Champion side in the professional era.

The Tahs are the most important franchise, go ask Greg Peters. Sydney's the biggest market and the ratings there aren't good.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
An outside opinion on Palmer to France -

If the ARU are willing to let their best TH prop prospect for literally years disappear to France at 24, but throw money at Folau purely because he is a big deal to the Aussie sporting media and can play himself a bit of league, they should all be fired for gross incompetence.

IMMEDIATELY.

P

Paradox

I'm sure the likes of Quade Cooper, Bieber and Lealiifano hate having a solid scrum to attack from...

I thought Palmer played a blinder in his first and only test in typical NH conditions.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
An outside opinion on Palmer to France -

If the ARU are willing to let their best TH prop prospect for literally years disappear to France at 24, but throw money at Folau purely because he is a big deal to the Aussie sporting media and can play himself a bit of league, they should all be fired for gross incompetence.

IMMEDIATELY.
Sorry Larno I'm a little confused. Is this your opinion or someone else's ?

btw I agree!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Surely the point being made was that NSW is a major problem in terms of support for both the Waratahs and Wallabies Beccause of the dollars in the NSW market the ARU is right to be worried, very worried. That said I wouldn't have paid Folau anything like what he got, but the point being made was that Folau got the dough because the ARU wanted to get some high level publicity in Sydney and to give the ARL a black eye at the same time. Right or wrong, the comment didn't deserve to start an anti-Tahs flame war.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Sorry Larno I'm a little confused. Is this your opinion or someone else's ?

btw I agree!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Sorry Sully, The opinion is my own. I meant an outside opinion as in from outside Australian rugby looking in.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
With Palmer now gone, I expect the Beast, a du Plessis or Oosthuizen to be signed up in his place...

But on a serious note, Palmer didn't leave for the money and it's probably a good move to help him develop his game in an area that obviously others feel he is lacking. Just a shame it happened so soon and hopefully isn't lost to Australian Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.