• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
One thing i would say right now that GPS has over CAS that makes it so much more entertaining to follow and in turn, produces better quality footy is the evenness of the competition. This year escpecially it is impossible to pick a winner.
Strong troll / 10

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
All I want this week is a close game... The closest we've seen all season is an 8 point lead

alpha

Peter Burge (5)
Wow...this public school boy had no idea how deep the GPS/CAS hostility was... Been watching CAS for a few years now and really enjoy the rugby, more entertaining than Super15. Also fun watching my sons and friends work their way through the age groups. Agree the scholarship/ import/ arms race thing is a dead end. The 2011 season left a lasting impression on me - Trinity 1st XV smashed everyone & it was all rather pointless (447 points to 126; form guide to the round 10 Knox Barker match that year was Trinity scoring 73 points on Knox in round 9 and 63 points on Barker in round 8). Those sort of results wreck it for everyone.

This year Barker have had a charmed run (or better preparation?) re injuries compared to other teams. Maybe it lasts maybe not. Can't help wondering if too many hours in the gym, leads to over muscled injury prone bodies as happened in the NRL a few years ago. Barker's games against Knox and Cranbrook were close at half time. Maybe it is as simple as better aerobic fitness coupled with a dynamic back line that runs teams around the park. Last few years I've had the impression a number of these school boy teams spend too much time in the gym getting big and not enough time on good old fashioned aerobic fitness work. Anyway that's my rant for the day - more running & less weights.

Weather forecast is good, so lets hope for another day of great rugby

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would've thought trinity would've been pushing alot harder this year Being their 100th year anniversary.
Do we know how they are going in other sports? I know it's not rugby related but it'd be interesting to know if maybe they're working to grab something for their Century year.

alpha

Peter Burge (5)
I would've thought trinity would've been pushing alot harder this year Being their 100th year anniversary.
Do we know how they are going in other sports? I know it's not rugby related but it'd be interesting to know if maybe they're working to grab something for their Century year.

According to CAS web site - this year Trinity have won basketball, chess, diving & swimming and ran 2nd in cricket, tennis and volleyball....

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
new to this place, and have done some searching but can't find it, can someone post the Waverley First XV please

CASfan

Stan Wickham (3)
I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset in one of the 3 games this week...
Although my predications are for Barker to win over aloys despite a strong fight, unsure on the waverley v cranbrook game, have not seen anything too convincing of waverley thus far so should be a close encounter. As for Trinity v Knox, despite being a bottom of the table clash, I truly believe this will be the match of the round with both teams desperate to get a win on the board. If both teams are able to produce their best, then we are in for a very tight encounter. My prediction, Trinity by 2.

CASfan

Stan Wickham (3)
Also good to see knox supporting a great cause this weekend. They will be raising money throughout the day for the breast cancer foundation, a wonderful act!

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Volleyball is actually getting more intense. I have walked past the halls a few times and I have found it MUCH more thrilling than the soccer games. I'm surprised there aren't more students at all the vball games to be honest.
As far as I can remembr I think last year it was a First Volleyball player who lead the Barker crowd in chants at rugby, so it could be enjoyable to have the othe sports get that support back.
School support is becoming bigger I think.
Hopefully Knox and trinity will have a big turn out being the Clash of the round. Trinity coild have that home ground support that might push then more, But still I Predict Knox by 7

alpha

Peter Burge (5)
Barker also won the 2nds 37-3 and 3rds 65-0 (ref called full time with 8 minutes left)
Thought the 1sts might have been 63-12 (but did lose track a bit)

Aloys 1sts put up a good fight in the first half (19-7 at half time). Their number 13 scored a good try stepping several Barker defenders. The speed of the game and a few injuries wore them down and the flood gates opened. Thought Aloys half back played well. Scrum and line out was good. Definitely would not say it was a walk in the park - remember neither Cranbrook or Knox managed a try against Barker. It's just that when the other team loses a few players and are tired at the back end of a game the Barker back line can score from anywhere

Very apparent in the 2nds that Barker played at a different speed & can sustain it for the full match.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Goes to show how games and scores can be viewed differently. Good to know that it wasn't a Walk in the par and that Aloys actually had form. Makes me more interested In the rounds to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.