• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
CAS v GPS not being streamed tomorrow, CAS couldn’t come to an agreement with GPS. I don’t know the full backstory but CAS are generally against rugby streaming. (given you can watch 4th grade subbies and under 12s rugby on cluch there’s obviously a deeper reason)… any idea which schools are the main driver for this continued refusal to stream rugby games? I’m neither for or against as I attend the games… I know that cluch is run by a current CAS rugby parent so it feels like a decision made on the grounds of ethics / protecting teens from negative exposure etc. as I said just interested to understand the main reasoning, not passing judgment
I think there was initially an ethical argument to be made against streaming of children's sport. But given how all pervasive it is now (and expected) I dont know if there's any more oomph left in that argument. I coach another sport that has a reasonably long history of games being streamed and the teams I have worked with are quite disappointed if they cant't get a live stream game. It becomes a memento of their performance and they love it.

SkyBlue

Banned
This may sound far fetched but I have it on very reliable sources that some CAS don't want their school/teams live streamed as they are not competitive and it isn't a good look. Yep that was the answer I was given, and unfortunately the fact is real.
Barker have lost to Joeys 1 time in 6 years, and have recently often been the best schoolboy team in the state. Knox are consistently beating GPS teams. Waverely are also beating GPS teams and have also recently been able to produce teams who are arguably the best schoolboy teams in the state. Yeah right.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I think there was initially an ethical argument to be made against streaming of children's sport. But given how all pervasive it is now (and expected) I dont know if there's any more oomph left in that argument. I coach another sport that has a reasonably long history of games being streamed and the teams I have worked with are quite disappointed if they cant't get a live stream game. It becomes a memento of their performance and they love it.
Couldn't agree more DaS. Trouble with your argument is that it makes too much sense.:p

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Barker have lost to Joeys 1 time in 6 years, and have recently often been the best schoolboy team in the state. Knox are consistently beating GPS teams. Waverely are also beating GPS teams and have also recently been able to produce teams who are arguably the best schoolboy teams in the state. Yeah right.
SkyBlue, you know I know all this, I am clearly talking about the other schools!

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
As a Waves dad, I watched the 16as game last Sat. Knox were very good in the 1st half, Waves did bomb at least 1 try over the line, and Knox led 19-0 just before half time. However, this Waves side has been terrific all year, except for the Newington game of which there was 1 main reason but no comment. After half time the Waves side showed great character and ran all over the Knox side, ultimately winning 28- 19.

The Waves forwards led this charge, so NO the Knox forward pack isn't the best pack in this age group, and both the Waves massive go forward props didn't play! . The Knox 8 was terrific, but so was the Waves 8, both are in the CAS team, the Knox 15 was something else, his speed, size, and skill is terrific. I am also extremely surprised that no 16 reserve Waves prop isn't starting, maybe coming back from injury is the reason, but he was starting for the 1st XV a few games ago.

Just hope that this CAS will play their best, if so, they will be very difficult to beat. Go the CAS!
WLF3 - the Knox 15 usually wins State athletics (often comfortably) and also national 100m & 200m as has done so even since I started seeing him in primary school (although their is a boy from Joeys now giving him a run for his money in the 100m).

Waves

Stan Wickham (3)
would it be possible if someone was able to play 1st XV rugby but are turning 19? saying that they turn 19 after the school season has already finished

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
WLF3 - the Knox 15 usually wins State athletics (often comfortably) and also national 100m & 200m as has done so even since I started seeing him in primary school (although their is a boy from Joeys now giving him a run for his money in the 100m).
Not surprised ap1.