• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
lose the knox hatred Rod...1st one was scored outwide...and both apparently were picked ahead of the barker centres
Will Kennedy and Hamish MacDonald (Barker outside backs) both unavailable due to injury. Katoa unavailable due to Tonga national League selection. All 3 played in Barkers win over Joeys.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Will Kennedy and Hamish MacDonald (Barker outside backs) both unavailable due to injury. Katoa unavailable due to Tonga national League selection. All 3 played in Barkers win over Joeys.

So more Barker Players?

What about Hooper as captain instead of Saunders Rod? I imagine you can justify it.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
So more Barker Players?

What about Hooper as captain instead of Saunders Rod? I imagine you can justify it.
As my previous post suggests, no CAS players can match the speed and accuracy of the GPS lads. That was not a school specific comment. Bottom line was CAS was not good enough. And stating who was out injured does not mean they would have done better. I was just pointing out that the Barker lads were injured and not available for selection. and they defended brillantly against Joeys whose backs carved us up.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
It has to be said, CAS selected the wrong players. Teams like Barker, Waverley and Knox continue to beat GPS teams convincingly, but they get their teams so wrong at this level.

Some really obvious examples from today:

Ekanayake needs to be in the firsts instead of Van Wyke. He is far more dynamic and involved.

Preketes needs to be in the firsts instead of Goddard. He offers so much go forward and the scrums were no different between the two.

I also felt particularly sorry for the Barker 15. He cost CAS 3 tries today and Towns clearly should have been there instead. Kid was out of his depth and should have stayed in the 16’s program.

Nosa is a must instead of Edwards. He actually Carries the ball hard into contact.

The Waverley winger in the firsts looked disinterested as well. I think the 15 who played in the seconds would have been a better pick.

The 10 that came on for the firsts in the second half, was the best of the bunch, we looked much cleaner in attack when he came on. I think he had Aloys socks, but I don’t know his name.

The seconds 8, 13 and 14 were just passengers.

The best on ground for CAS:

I thought Sayoun was the best in a soft pack and Jarrah offered so much in attack - just has to get rid of some of those drop balls(is he running onto the ball to hard?) and he will be a superstar.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
I also want to highlight Phillipson’s passing as a CAS highlight. It was almost the best pass I have seen at schoolboy level.

A great product of the Barker program.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
It has to be said, CAS selected the wrong players. Teams like Barker, Waverley and Knox continue to beat GPS teams convincingly, but they get their teams so wrong at this level.

Ekanayake needs to be in the firsts instead of Van Wyke. He is far more dynamic and involved.

Preketes needs to be in the firsts instead of Goddard. He offers so much go forward and the scrums were no different between the two.

I also felt particularly sorry for the Barker 15. He cost CAS 3 tries today and Towns clearly should have been there instead. Kid was out of his depth and should have stayed in the 16’s program.

Nosa is a must instead of Edwards. He actually Carries the ball hard into contact.

The Waverley winger in the firsts looked disinterested as well. I think the 15 who played in the seconds would have been a better pick.

The 10 that came on for the firsts in the second half, was the best of the bunch, we looked much cleaner in attack when he came on. I think he had Aloys socks, but I don’t know his name.

I thought Sayoun was the best in a soft pack and Jarrah offered so much in attack - just has to get rid of some of those drop balls(is he running onto the ball to hard?) and he will be a superstar.

Preketes may offer more around the field but I thought he had a tough day at scrum today and I would have given Goddard the points at scrum over Barrett. However Barrett was outstanding around the field. CAS were gun shy here as they lost the game at scrum last year.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Preketes may offer more around the field but I thought he had a tough day at scrum today and I would have given Goddard the points at scrum over Barrett. However Barrett was outstanding around the field. CAS were gun shy here as they lost the game at scrum last year.
Goddard did do well. It’s just adds so much more to your team when someone will get you over that advantage line with the ball in hand.

The issue last year was picking a loose head prop at tight head. The difference in the scrum was negligible when Preketes came on, compared to the difference he offers around the field.

We needed someone else to be able to carry the ball I think is the main issue. Even Hooper kept getting pushed back and even dropped the ball with the pressure from the GPS pack. I wonder if there is a ball carrying 6 anywhere? Maybe Ekanayake for 6? He offered so much go forward with the ball.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
So more Barker Players?

Hooper is a good choice for captain. It’s better having someone close to the play than out wide. I understand why some may want Saunders though, he does have a very high level of experience.

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
When watching the CAS school teams play I don't see much cohesion. Maybe they have had some key players out? There is a lot of potential improvement in each of Knox, Wav and Barker (i havent seen the other teams). There is plenty of talent in CAS teams but its like watching teams at the beginning of the season. The GPS school teams and today, the GPS team appear like they have been playing together much longer. Something I also notice when watching the GPS school teams, is that they are increasingly playing similar styles of rugby which makes it easier when the best players come together for the GPS teams. Anyway, its just the beginning of representative honours for many of these boys who I'm sure will do great.