• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
I think pretty clear the CAS selections were very wrong.

Hopefully there are some changes made for 2023 to make sure more kids have the chance to make higher honours when the teams have greater success.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
I think pretty clear the CAS selections were very wrong.

Hopefully there are some changes made for 2023 to make sure more kids have the chance to make higher honours when the teams have greater success.
Agreed by many.

Again as I pointed out two simple changes of Preketes into firsts and not picking a year 10 student would have made a world of difference.

And everyone who knows anything about rugby would agree with those two changes.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Hard to work out whether each position has a ranking. I.e the first name listed is the starter in gen blue 1… it appears that way more often than not

Saunders in the back 3 is interesting

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
More signs the CAS selectors stuffed up.
Bailey and Preketes picked ahead of their CAS spots.

And Barker 15 nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

FrankGalluzo

Bob McCowan (2)
Daily telegraph disagrees with all you blokes

Attachments

• E0218B31-33AD-4928-B4E2-16413B3C9DED.jpeg
    E0218B31-33AD-4928-B4E2-16413B3C9DED.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 466

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
He’s not eligible for opens schools selection or opens gen blue selection I don’t think, has to play 16s
He is eligible.

He wasn’t good enough to be picked and shouldn’t have been picked for CAS firsts. He should have played tomorrow at the 16’s championship.

See you there for those travelling out to the 16’s tomorrow.

I will send through game updates.

SkyBlue

Banned
He didn’t get picked anywhere, so didn’t perform that well.

How surprising an article from the Barker coach has him promoting 3 Barker players.
He is eligible.

He wasn’t good enough to be picked and shouldn’t have been picked for CAS firsts. He should have played tomorrow at the 16’s championship.

See you there for those travelling out to the 16’s tomorrow.

I will send through game updates.
Dude no way you have so much hatred for a school that you’re being this harsh about a 16 year old. Grow up.

Gen Blue squad looks to be a good reflection on how the boys performed. Good to see Bailey rewarded with a NSW Schools 1 jersey. His line kicking was really good and probably should have been CAS 1sts. GPS dominance this year shown with the number of selections particularly in the backs. Tom Klem a bolter from GPS 4th XV

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was it really the first time in 10 years? It was a great game of footy - right down to the final play.

CAS came out absolutely flying. The theme of the day was illustrated in the first minute - GPS swing it to Fittler at 12 from a scrum and he is instantly taken down in a superb chop tackle by the CAS 12. The very talented GPS backline just did not get any space as CAS were up fast and the league- influenced defence was superb.

The CAS forwards were in top form. Hopefully higher honours for many. Best for CAS - 4, 5, 8, 10 and the centres. And 15 Poynton late replacement for an injured Hall. Best for GPS 7, 8, 10 and 15.

Watch the game on Clutch. It is a cracker.