• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Up the doggies

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Knox vs barker as barker have been playing the best schoolboy rugby I have seen for quite some time, and know who stay undefeated after a tight match against Waverley. I think Knox will match barker for the first part of the match but barker will be to strong.

Up the doggies

Frank Row (1)
The lad had a top game in the final. Should be higher honours on the cards
Agree with you their, higher honours are likely to come, he’s been playing well this year but hasn’t reached full confidence I believe. he seems to be playing with full confidence now and in top form which hopefully stays with him through the rest of the Schoolboy rugby season. I believe with how he’s playing now and the experience that he could be playing in CAS 1sts next year and maybe higher honours after. Cranbrook have got a good one in Lance Tovio and another year 10 Jaxson Allen which have been playing well. Half of Cranbrooks team is in year eleven or younger so hopefully shine next year and compete for the CAS competition.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Both NSW 1sts and Seconds teams

Attachments

• 220A1ABD-0A6E-420B-9BFA-F5398783ADBB.jpeg
    220A1ABD-0A6E-420B-9BFA-F5398783ADBB.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 679
  • FC01EA89-9838-4364-A5AE-5C9E91B2FCB5.jpeg
    FC01EA89-9838-4364-A5AE-5C9E91B2FCB5.jpeg
    475.4 KB · Views: 658

The Front Rower

Sydney Middleton (9)
Half time in Under 16 Sydney 27 ... NSW Schools 5. Looks like maybe the NSW schools picked the wrong kids, Time will tell

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
OK, so I don't even pretend to know how the representative system works these days, but I do see that there were three from Knox, one from Waverley and one from St Aloysius named in an "Australian Schoolboys A" team. Well done them. But an "A" team is usually a second team - what's the top-level side called these days? When is that named and who (if anyone) do they play?

Anyhow, the third round of CAS games is sneaking up on us. And it's a bit ho-hum, to be honest, with the three top teams playing the three lower teams. Waverley will beat Cranbrook, Knox will beat Trinity, Barker will beat St Aloysius. But that will set up some very interesting games in Round 4. Trinity will play Cranbrook in what amounts to a fourth-place playoff. And Waverley will meet Barker in a great match-up. If Waverley can win, there will be the possibility of a three-way tie for the Shield; otherwise, Barker and Knox will go into the final round unbeaten, and it will be an upper north shore winner-take-all.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
For what it's worth:

Barker will easily account for St Aloysius. Hopefully not so one sided that further questions are raised about the viability of the CAS Rugby competition.

Waverley should beat Cranbrook, but may take some time in doing it. With the weather Cranbrook may favour their forwards, but I think Waverley will have too much power. Though the rain might be a bit of an evener.

Knox should beat Trinity. I am not sure whether the wet weather will even things up or favour the Knox forwards, though the main oval at Knox generally stands up well so the rain might not be as much a factor. Trinity will be willing and put on a good show, perhaps even leading at times, but Knox should win at home if they play to their ability.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
For what it's worth:

Barker will easily account for St Aloysius. Hopefully not so one sided that further questions are raised about the viability of the CAS Rugby competition.

Waverley should beat Cranbrook, but may take some time in doing it. With the weather Cranbrook may favour their forwards, but I think Waverley will have too much power. Though the rain might be a bit of an evener.

Knox should beat Trinity. I am not sure whether the wet weather will even things up or favour the Knox forwards, though the main oval at Knox generally stands up well so the rain might not be as much a factor. Trinity will be willing and put on a good show, perhaps even leading at times, but Knox should win at home if they play to their ability.
Agree Elfster with all your tips,

Yes the weather is a downer for footy, IMO, it can kill the flow, backs should just sit on the bench and watch.
Will be interesting to see which teams play smart wet weather footy, ie don't throw missile passes and league offloads.

I do hope Barker don't rub Aloys noses in it as per past, ie retire 1s players if it is clearly over, as soon as possible, scores way in excess of 50 is only chest beating and proves nothing more then that.

Cranbrook always put it to the Waves regardless of players and team standings, so could be a close one, a la the classic local derby.

Knox should account for Trinity, but I hope if Trinity are on their game they don't give it away to Knox, as the Waves did last game.

I am boldly predicting that the last game, the local derby between Barker and Knox, will result in a 3 way draw for the title, meaning the Waves will retain the Henry Plume Shield.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I do hope Barker don't rub Aloys noses in it as per past, ie retire 1s players if it is clearly over, as soon as possible, scores way in excess of 50 is only chest beating and proves nothing more then that.
Whilst I understand your point WLF3, I dont agree with it to be honest. I would be mortified as a player or coach if the opposition"took it easy" on me or a team I coach.

If you're a better team, then play like it. It's not encumbered on you to go easy on me, rather it's my job to lift.

However, winning by a huge amount, and then crowing like a rooster about it? Well yes, that sucks for sure.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Whilst I understand your point WLF3, I dont agree with it to be honest. I would be mortified as a player or coach if the opposition"took it easy" on me or a team I coach.

If you're a better team, then play like it. It's not encumbered on you to go easy on me, rather it's my job to lift.

However, winning by a huge amount, and then crowing like a rooster about it? Well yes, that sucks for sure.
DAS, I understand your point BUT after 50, it IS crowing like a rooster! (great league team BTW).
Last 2 games, Barker 96 v Aloys, then Barker 69 v Aloys!

I think at schoolboy level it's a bit different than professional ranks.
I also thinks it looks poor and no one wins, sometimes there are just mismatches and so humility and safety need to kick in.

Cheers mate!

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
DAS, I understand your point BUT after 50, it IS crowing like a rooster! (great league team BTW).
Last 2 games, Barker 96 v Aloys, then Barker 69 v Aloys!

I think at schoolboy level it's a bit different than professional ranks.
I also thinks it looks poor and no one wins, sometimes there are just mismatches and so humility and safety need to kick in.

Cheers mate!
Yes sure - and I appreciate that point too.

I suppose I'm more along the lines of it is incumbent on me to give my opponent my all but it's not incumbent on him to go easy on me. If the challenge is too much, then Aloys should reconsider it's priorities for it's Rugby program and potentially tailor their participation to a grade or competition that better reflects their goals and aims. It seems like it works pretty well for Sydney Grammar and TAS (not so much High).

SkyBlue

Banned
Hi tackle by Aloys 13 leads to head to head contact between him and Barkers 15. Leaving him unconscious. That’s what happens when you have two very unevenly matches teams playing. Dangerous for everyone.