• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Impressive win by Barker today at Hunter Hill. Standout was Capt Lachlan Hooper (8) who was very damaging up the middle ball in hand. Both packs were pretty even, with defence very willing from both sides. Joeys 1 (Jack Barrett) had a tremendous game with the ball with several damaging runs. Unforced errors hurt Joeys which stifled the ability of Jorgensn (15) to cut loose. Barkers defence in the backs was very telling with many offensive tackles putting Joeys on the back foot. Given Barker was missing two key players they should improve. Katoa had a solid game at 10 and his kicking game certainly got Barker out of trouble on several occasions. From what I am hearing on the thread, Knox look the goods this year and makes for a big showdown with Barker in the final CAS game of the year.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I take my last comment back. Its a 3 horse race. The result of Waves Shore is a big one. Well done to the double V.
Hi Rod, we may be set for another showdown at Death Valley later! There have been some terrific games between these 2 schools over the last few years, and Knox will also most certainly be in this mix, we play Knox at Knox.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hi Rod, we may be set for another showdown at Death Valley later! There have been some terrific games between these 2 schools over the last few years, and Knox will also most certainly be in this mix, we play Knox at Knox.
Yes I was a bit flummaxed at the results to date for Waves especially when they have that young lad playing 1st grade for Sydney Uni. Yes given last years Barker Waves game at Hornsby did not happen, I suppose its Death Valley again for the Reds which probably means Barker plays Knox at Hornsby. Looking at the CAS teams results, the rep side looks like it will be competitive against GPS this year.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes I was a bit flummaxed at the results to date for Waves especially when they have that young lad playing 1st grade for Sydney Uni. Yes given last years Barker Waves game at Hornsby did not happen, I suppose its Death Valley again for the Reds which probably means Barker plays Knox at Hornsby. Looking at the CAS teams results, the rep side looks like it will be competitive against GPS this year.
You were not alone Rod, Ha. This age group has always been strong through the years. It does appear that the CAS Rep side will be strong, but they are such different games to school you never know.

The Colonel

Frank Row (1)
Aloys up 41-7 over Grammar at Willoughby. Returning #15 from Aloys added some spark to the backline with #12 voted best player. Forwards led by Capt # 8 who scored the first try. Scrum was strong with #1 and #3 leading the charge. For Grammar #7 voted their best player.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great results for Waverley, Barker and Knox. It's another two-speed competition, with a clear gap between the top three and the next three. Solid day for Trinity and St Aloysius, serious wake-up call for Cranbrook.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Great results for Waverley, Barker and Knox. It's another two-speed competition, with a clear gap between the top three and the next three. Solid day for Trinity and St Aloysius, serious wake-up call for Cranbrook.
Nice to hear from you Snort

Iloverucks1

Stan Wickham (3)
Cranbrook with a couple of players out for this weekend. Their number 7 is out due to injury and also the fly-half is suspended for this week's matchup after getting a red card against pius. On another note, promising year 11 player Dylan Roach has been called up to the wing to make his long-awaited debut.
Did hear about this Roach (11). Watched him on the weekend… showed athleticism and size but didn’t really bring as much as I had expected. Hoping Cranbrook can pull something out of the bag for next week against Riverview, and maybe something later in the year as it looks like quite the open race compared to the last 4 years.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Did hear about this Roach (11). Watched him on the weekend… showed athleticism and size but didn’t really bring as much as I had expected. Hoping Cranbrook can pull something out of the bag for next week against Riverview, and maybe something later in the year as it looks like quite the open race compared to the last 4 years.
Iloverucks, you may well be right in the end, but not sure how, at the moment, you think it's an open race this year.

Chilli Rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Decided to watch Brook yesterday and can honestly say they were their own worst enemy. Rather predictable and kept running into the tight 5 of Pats, who were excellent defensively. They need to play what's in front of them and not be so programmed. Lots of good individual players, not being used effectively. Pats thrived on turnover ball, which Cranbrook did often.
I gather several boys were out yesterday, which may explain some of the clunkiness, but if they want to surprise the favourites they're going to have to click soon.

RugbyRant

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook 26 pats 34 FT
Pats to strong for the Brook today, led by their strong kicking game which led to them controlling field possession and ball. Their best were 9,10 and 15. Cranbrook struggled to keep ball in hand and tried to muscle their way through the opposition pack with little success. It was clear they were tested for depth with a decent amount of their team out or injured

On the other hand the 2s for Cranbrook had a strong performance keeping them undefeated so far. Features a strong backline and were fluent in attack.