• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Knox up 36-7 over Trinity. It should be 60 or so, but lots of errors in the conditions. Trinity not offering much. McLeod making 20 metres every time he gets the ball.

bellshell

Bob McCowan (2)
Cranbrook sideline conversion to win landed short.

Heck of a turnaround since teams have been scoring for fun against them including 56 by Shore last Friday week.

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)

Attachments

• 548265FC-ADCD-416F-8D78-70081B2DD3FB.jpeg
    548265FC-ADCD-416F-8D78-70081B2DD3FB.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 186

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
One for the records nerds: Samuel Bourgeois of Knox has scored a try in each of the first three rounds. In the 93 years of the competition, only five players have scored a try in every round. You'd probably back him to get over the line against St Aloysius next week.

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
One for the records nerds: Samuel Bourgeois of Knox has scored a try in each of the first three rounds. In the 93 years of the competition, only five players have scored a try in every round. You'd probably back him to get over the line against St Aloysius next week.
I belive Parker (flanker for st Aloysius) has scored in all 3 games aswell

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
I am hoping WLF3 braved the elements and can give us a match report on what went down at Dangar this afternoon...
OHB,

I was there today, and will be back next year.

Cranbrook showed a lot of spirit to come back from 26-7, they never gave in, their forwards, and 10, and the wonderful year 10 boy with the white head gear, winger, were all terrific.
I did say it would be tight, always is with these 2 neighbors.

Waves again found a way to let the other side back in, so their Henry Plume Shield aspirations are over this year.
I jumped the gun but hey luv putting it out there, unfortunately no one bit!

I suspect all games were wet weather affected, can't say I enjoy these conditions, it kills running rugby.

The last game between the northern neighbors will decide the Shield. The crowd will be enormous at Barker.

SkyBlue

Banned
Does anyone know the final score for Aloys v Barker?
61 - 7. Barker looked incredibly sloppy, very few of the boys played up to par (7, 9 and MAYBE 3). They didn't adjust to the weather and tried to swing the ball from left to right and offload too much instead of playing in the forwards, which is strange because they have such a dominant pack. Hopefully, they sort themselves out before Waverley. Yes, Waverley came off a disappointing game but they always lift for Barker and are always a very physical team.

In saying this, after Barker got to 40 they put 6 of their 16's boys on (this is consistent with the rumour going around the ground).

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Great results for Cranbrook across the board with the 2s having a 1 point win over Waverley (15-14) from a penalty goal in the dying minutes and 1s having a cracking game in the mud ending in a draw. 2s now confident to win the the competition after going undefeated through three rounds beating Knox and Barker. This would be the first time in I believe over 20 years.