• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Waratahs - Super Rugby Round 16 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Things we learned from this game:
  1. Kane Douglas is a huge loss to Australian rugby and will be sorely missed
  2. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is an outside centre. Amazing game from him tonight
  3. If Jacques Potgeiter decided he has had enough of rugby, stick him in the Proteas. He took some absolute screamers tonight
  4. Dave Dennis has scored our two most important tries in the context of our season: the first to start the comeback against the Hurricanes and to get the win tonight. If you watch every game this year closely, you will be able to see that whenever Denno lifts, the team lifts.
  5. 100 games in and Cliffy is as good as ever. Stellar performance tonight
  6. Our last win in New Zealand was in May 2010 against the Chiefs in Hamilton. Tonight was a huge moment for the boys, and they get a nice three weeks off for their troubles.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well a lot of them will be on club duties, but some of them won't get much time in camp Wallaby.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Has anyone commented that last try by Foley denied the Chiefs a losing bonus point? Any hiccups by those around us on the table helps the Tahs cause.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Has anyone commented that last try by Foley denied the Chiefs a losing bonus point? Any hiccups by those around us on the table helps the Tahs cause.

Depends we're likely to finish 1 or 2. I'd rather the Chiefs travel to Durban than the Force so we can get a home final

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yeah, I know, @biggsy, I just find this Aus approach to shuffling to get all the stars on at once a bit odd sometimes. Not having a go at you, it's not as if Kuridrani is a bad option!! I just think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a bit wasted at wing, I guess.

Eddie Jones was a past master at picking the best players and jamming them into 15 slots rather than building the best team. Elements of it still crop up from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I usually try to avoid bagging refs after the match as an excess of sour grapes but .

Pollock = Kaplan lite

Yeah, I try to avoid it too, but I really thought he was not good. I don't have a problem with letting the game flow, but there were some bad ones -- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) impeded, obvious offside on the Chiefs try, etc.

But we won the game an comprehensively at that. Waratahs were the better side for 60 minutes, often much better. Terrific result.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It seems to me this has become a SANZAR refs issue rather than individual refs. I've always thought Pollock was a good ref, but he missed a lot today and there were just too many inconsistent, baffling decisions for a professional referee. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something wrong with the way these refs are going about things. Is Lyndon Bray still in charge?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Great win, on AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), if he plays 13, who goes on the wing?

I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be at 14, the team will be better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Horne and Cummins?

Only problem then is you have a back three that doesn't really kick. I have said in the past that running game is what we want, but you definitely need a reliable kicker somewhere in there for the times its required, or a forward pack that is going to get back fast.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
For the non-Tahs supporters:

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the Wallaby 13. Anyone who doesn't agree should probably go support league.

Foley kicks fine. Another 100% performance so all l the naysayers after the Rebels game can line up (over there, near the sour grapes) and take it in turns to fuck off.

I'd love to see this game so might find out when it's on replay.

And one other thing: Dave. Muthafucken. Dennis.

Eat a bag of dicks, haters.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only problem then is you have a back three that doesn't really kick. I have said in the past that running game is what we want, but you definitely need a reliable kicker somewhere in there for the times its required, or a forward pack that is going to get back fast.

That's why Horne defends at 10..

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Horne and Cummins?

Or you could go Cummins and Beale. The wheel would turn full circle, that's where he started in the Wallabies. And he is deceptively fast.

It gives us two attacking wingers, another at the back with a good long field boot and Beale/Folau works really well at the Tahs. Beale takes long range penalty kicks.

If injury strikes at 10 bring McCabe on and move Beale in, if injury strikes at 12 bring McCabe in there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Drink, HJ.
Watching live footy today.

Catching up on the replay. Noted and done.

It's Vale IPA and I hope he has a good game because it is a seriously good brew.

Edit: Got the second one. Gotta have a second Vale IPA for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) overall performance as well as the passing effort.

Moment of the Match was when Hooper hit the Earthquake.

Status
Not open for further replies.