• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Waratahs - Super Rugby Round 16 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Well done Tahs. Should they make it through to the final against the Shorks, will be a doozy of a match

New Plymouth glazier standing down.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So would it be too late for the NRC Rule Variations to include scrapping the Torso Try rule? If you don't have control of the ball, it shouldn't be a try.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Absolutely sensational work Tahs! Loved big Dave Dennis' slide for the penultimate try.

Excellent team performance with everyone doing their job superbly.

Congrats too to Foley for his 6 from 6 kicking display - maybe the Rebels game was just an aberration.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez the Tahs played well, I do remember posting on here earlier in season (just though I would remind you that:D) I thought they would be team to beat, but after not being overly convincing earlier in season, they sure playing bloody well.
By gum 2 dads is playing as good as I ever seen him play. The Hooper/Cane battle was pretty good to wasn't it?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually, the players being half to one metre offside was the more egregious miss by the TMO, I reckon.
The TMO wasn't asked that Cyclo, he was only asked to rule on the grounding. I doubt whether a TMO would of ruled on offside with camera angles we had on tv!!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
well, I know who I'll be rooting for if there's a Waratahs vs a non NZ team in the final:cool: playing some nice, good looking footy, especially in comparison to what some of the other play off contenders are dishing up

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez the Tahs played well, I do remember posting on here earlier in season (just though I would remind you that:D) I thought they would be team to beat, but after not being overly convincing earlier in season, they sure playing bloody well.
By gum 2 dads is playing as good as I ever seen him play. The Hooper/Cane battle was pretty good to wasn't it?
Cane was a monster.Huge game from him.
Honestly, I can't imagine why AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would not be auto-pick at 13 for the Wallabies. He's just getting better.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The TMO wasn't asked that Cyclo, he was only asked to rule on the grounding. I doubt whether a TMO would of ruled on offside with camera angles we had on tv!!
Yeah, and the TMO always sticks to the brief this season! ;) I'm glad Pollock was so sure Akee was onside. No-one else seemed to be! Anyway, it's done and dusted.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Douglas was our best forward imo. Massive in defence and the rucks. Dennis 2nd and then TPN - lining him up in the backs for a defensive lineout was a genius stroke.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Whats the bet every SA team facing the Sharks tanks like they always do to make sure they get that precious home final

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Another good hard game from the Aus Teams
ACC has a wallaby wing spot with his name on it. Such a good hard runner and finisher

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whats the bet every SA team facing the Sharks tanks like they always do to make sure they get that precious home final

That's a bit ridiculous, they could ask the same question about the Reds vs Waratahs match. The Bulls tanked a match but they had good reason to because they had sewn up #1 and deserved resting their players.

I'm also sure there's a strong rivalry amongst their franchises just like ours. Sharks/Stormers is like a Reds/Waratahs match. Not to mention Bok spots on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.