• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
I think its obvious to say that Ewen didn't adhere to Hooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) saying Beale should stay because "he's a good bloke and a good player". But the ARU does. There is something that is really wrong if you allow player to do what Beale did, and just because he's a good player, let him off. Imo what happened at the Rebels would have sounded alarm bells with me. I would not want someone in my Wallabies squad who is prepared to assault authority like that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think its obvious to say that Ewen didn't adhere to Hooper and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) saying Beale should stay because "he's a good bloke and a good player". But the ARU does. There is something that is really wrong if you allow player to do what Beale did, and just because he's a good player, let him off. Imo what happened at the Rebels would have sounded alarm bells with me. I would not want someone in my Wallabies squad who is prepared to assault authority like that.
We don't know if Beale has got off anything. They haven't said anything yet.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
A lot of us do.
Even those from his former state.

I had the pleasure of meeting him for a brief ten seconds whilst at QRU HQ doing some work experience in July 2011. It's where my admiration for Ewen and the set up he had there started. Also with QC (Quade Cooper) before he was put in the dog house. I knew with QC (Quade Cooper) and now with Ewen in both difficult times that they are terrific people, and people say some truly horrible things based on what the media do to portray them.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Fuck the spoiled little brats who call themselves players who are meant to be representing us as rugby fans and our country on the international stage. Fuck you Kurtley Beale. A lot of people have stood by you as you face some hardships that life can bring. They gave you the support and the opportunity after several fuck ups yet you still manage to spit in their faces and pis it all against the wall.

This whole player power/spoiled brat/entitled shit is bizarre. I've been wracking the old grey matter, but can't think of any other Rugby nation that has this phenomenon. Happy to be enlightened

Maybe it's time for the playing group as a whole to hear some home truths.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
give me a fucking break. stop drinking and posting.

I'm sober mate, not a drop to drink for the record. Don't sook because I responded to your post in the tone you wrote it. I even explained why I do blame Pulver.

For the record, telling somebody "they should have their head checked" can easily be offensive to somebody with mental problems, so maybe you would like to be a bit more considerate in the tone you post.

I appologise for the sarcasim in my reply but it struck a nerve which I don't use as an excuse.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
We don't know if Beale has got off anything. They haven't said anything yet.

They pretty much let him off after what happened with the Rebels, and signed him at the tahs. He's 25. I don't buy the fact he "needed to be closer to home" for support to behave himself. He was just let off the hook. Its clear now that moving closer home didn't change his personality one bit. What I hope happens in the next few days with his contract, should have happened long ago.

T

Train Without a Station

This whole player power/spoiled brat/entitled shit is bizarre. I've been wracking the old grey matter, but can't think of any other Rugby nation that has this phenomenon. Happy to be enlightened

Maybe it's time for the playing group as a whole to hear some home truths.

It's a good point but it comes about due to the threat of French rugby (more recent) and NRL. Trying to appease the talent.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I had the pleasure of meeting him for a brief ten seconds whilst at QRU HQ doing some work experience in July 2011. It's where my admiration for Ewen and the set up he had there started. Also with QC (Quade Cooper) before he was put in the dog house. I knew with QC (Quade Cooper) and now with Ewen in both difficult times that they are terrific people, and people say some truly horrible things based on what the media do to portray them.
I ran into him after the Super Rugby final in 2011 ( a few weeks later) at the airport. I bowled up and identified myself as another of the GAGR crew (he's met a fair few!) and he was very generous with his time to chat for 10 mins while we waited for our respective planes. Thoroughly decent bloke. I had met him 13 years before, albeit briefly, and he was no different.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
So moving onto the most pressing issue, who takes us on the EOYT.

Common sense says the current assistants will share the gig.

Another more exciting and credible option is to get the current S15 coaches to form a cartel and take us. Foley in charge of the forwards, Larkham the backs, Cheika can lead and Graham can be in charge of hydration.

Thomo

Bob McCowan (2)
I think its important to direct anger correctly here.

First, the Fairfax media has been utterly poisonous and sleazy. The character assassination on McKenzie has been vicious. That article by Webster the other day was the WORST hatchet job I've ever seen. It was an out and out troll. It was cynically designed to be as damaging as possible, and there was absolutely no intention to "report". Why?

Second, without the help of Mowen, Moore, Cooper etc, McKenzie appears to have lost control of the player group. There appears to have been a player power problem lead, we assume, by various NSW players (I'm a Waratah supporter, so it pains me to say it).

How did this happen? McKenzie has terrific coaching credentials. The work he did at the Reds was miraculous. And there's never been any suggestion previously of him having problems with players. How could he not have the respect of the players? I feel furious at the self-serving pricks who have caused this to happen.

McKenzie appears classy and decent. The players on the other had, complete dicks.

Third, the ARU factions. What a poisonous bunch of vipers.

I personally don't think Pulver has done much wrong in this. He has sanely appointed what everyone agreed seems to be the right coach. He is trying hard to cut costs. He is getting the ARC going. He's backed McKenzie as hard as he could against an absolute tsunami of rubbish.

Hmm. It is probably the players themselves which make me the most angry. If I can't admire the players, I can't support the team.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
I ran into him after the Super Rugby final in 2011 ( a few weeks later) at the airport. I bowled up and identified myself as another of the GAGR crew (he's met a fair few!) and he was very generous with his time to chat for 10 mins while we waited for our respective planes. Thoroughly decent bloke. I had met him 13 years before, albeit briefly, and he was no different.

Ewen or QC (Quade Cooper)? Either way I agree

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not the only one
8460c64e120227258b9ec483e3d8e71e_zps5d683eb5.jpg

Now there's a candidate

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

In 2011, the Reds played the Brumbies in a trial in Darwin. They let the crowd onto the field after the game to mingle with the players. I met him that night and he was a really nice bloke.

T

Train Without a Station

Anyone think their will be a correlation with Coopers wallaby career and McKenzie leaving. I'm not sure a coach like White would have Cooper as first choice.

White? Worst choice ever. People complain the wallabies kick too much now. Leigh Matthews would have the team kicking less than White.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does our next coach have to be Australian?

It seems that fans and players are still not mature enough to put state parochialism aside for the Wallabies.

Even when one of our own is appointed, the factions seem to remain.

I'm getting greater admiration for Dingo who managed to operate in this environment for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.