• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

French Barbarians v Australia, Thursday 24 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
It's a pity that the powers that be couldn't see this issue arising say a week ago. Have to say it was concerning me and a good many others here well before the France test.

I'd wager that the ARU budget may have had something to do with limiting the size of the touring party until absolutely necessary.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^ Too true, unfortunately. But it must be fast approaching the time when absolutely necessary has passed, and we still seem to be maybe four of five players short, depending on injury situations.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Houston may be an option for a backrow spot, depending on how the injury loan deal with bath is setup.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^^^^ Too true, unfortunately. But it must be fast approaching the time when absolutely necessary has passed, and we still seem to be maybe four of five players short, depending on injury situations.

You're assuming that we are short of players. We wouldn't have known anything about the Two Blues prop heading over if it wasn't for his club tweeting about it. There are that many Aussies playing over there plus there may be other guys on their way over.
You're assuming that because you don't know what's going on so therefore the ARU isn't across it which probably isn't a safe assumption.

Cyril Towers (30)
Pretty sure there'll be no one backing up. Some European based players will be pulled in for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
No announcements from the FFR, ARU, or Broadcasters, domestic or otherwise suggests to me it might not get shown at all, let alone shown live.

T

TOCC

Sef Fa'agase has on social media that he flying out to France as well, I'm assuming for this match..

How many props will they have over there??

Whoops, just saw reg posted it earlier

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sef Fa'agase has on social media that he flying out to France as well, I'm assuming for this match..

How many props will they have over there??

Whoops, just saw reg posted it earlier

Pretty amazing for Sef. Hope he gets a rum in green and gold. Culmination of several years of hard work (as many do but don't get the opportunity).

Reckon Ben Daley and Pek Cowan would be a bit upset over there in the West.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Is he playing for the French Baabaas or something? I thought he was basically retired in Japanese rugby these days

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Sounds like we should have just told all of the Super Rugby clubs to have a training camp in Europe, I can't imagine there'd be many players with double digit Super Rugby cups left in Aus!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Pretty amazing for Sef. Hope he gets a rum in green and gold. Culmination of several years of hard work (as many do but don't get the opportunity).

Reckon Ben Daley and Pek Cowan would be a bit upset over there in the West.

Just can't help yourself, can you Scrubber? Or maybe it's just the rum talking?:)

T

TOCC

Wallaby XV squad
Sam Carter, ACT Brumbies
Nathan Charles, Clermont
Jack Dempsey, NSW Waratahs
Sef Fa’agase, Queensland Reds
Nick Frisby, Queensland Reds
Mark Gerrard, Toyota Industries Shuttles
Andrew Kellaway, NSW Waratahs
Peter Kimlin, Grenoble
Marika Koroibete, Melbourne Rebels