• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR RWC Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ran out of time to change my mind about Toeva and selecting Dagg instead, had two extra guests to serve breakfasts to at the B&B...

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
A few tries to dagg and a few points to carter. Not too bad for my 2 kiwi players

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dam, chose the wrong captain. Nonu instead of Kahui. Anyway, good start chose the right NZ players. (thats me in 2nd, don't know or care how to change the username).

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Dam, chose the wrong captain. Nonu instead of Kahui. Anyway, good start chose the right NZ players. (thats me in 2nd, don't know or care how to change the username).

Yeah....coming in 3rd. I now have the rest of the weekend to see my team slide on down the rankings!! lol

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I went with SBW as captain.

Somehow I had Toeava on my bench when I had him starting. I need Bowe, Clerc and Paterson to score more then 29 each.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Kinda wishing I hadn't left Goneva on the bench now, the Fiji number 10 I picked is doing nothing haha

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Dagg, Clerc, Goneva
Kahui, SBW, Bai
Yachvilli

That backline would have you in the hundreds right now.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Damit, left Fernandez-Lobbe on the bench, and Contepomi got injured. Relying on a few Aussies, Saffa's and Welshman today.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
  1. Most backrowers scored poorly, especially the favourites.
  2. No Australians made the dream team despite a big win.
  3. Hougaard made the dream team off the bench and several dream-teamers were subbed early.
  4. Player of the round was a centre playing on the wing.
Needless to say I am a long way down after the first round.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've already made my transfers for round 2 caus i won't get to do it closer to the cut-off time. Am gambling a lot with team selection but I like the look of my squad much more than last round.

1. Sona Taumalolo (TON)
2. Marius Tincu (ROM)
3. Mike Ross (IRE)
4. Danie Rossouw (RSA)
5. Paul O'Connell (IRE)
6. Todd Clever (USA)
7. Heinrich Brussow (RSA)
8. Jerome Kaino (NZ)
9. Will Genia (AUS)
10. Felipe Contepomi (ARG)
11. Digby Ioane (AUS)
12. Morne Steyn (RSA)
13. Daniel Carter (NZ)
14. Israel Dagg (NZ)
15. Kurtley Beale (AUS)

16. Hubert Buydens (CAN)
17. Sunia Koto (FIJ)
18. Seko Kalou (FIJ)
19. Sam Warburton (WAL)
20. Mike Petri (USA)
21. Jonny Wilkinson (ENG)
22. Napolioni Nalaga (FIJ)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The fact that the transfer cutoff is Wednesday really messes with selections since most of the teams for the weekend will not be named yet. You can bet the Aussies and Irish will be full strength, but the rest is a lottery. Already the Scots have made 11 changes to their starting XV.

Not to mention the issues created from the fact that Wales, England and France are not playing this round. I will just be happy to have all 15 of my players actually take the field.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Shit, that was hard. Sitting in 85th after leaving Parra and Goneva on the bench FFS. Time to climb the ladder, here's my team, suggest not copying it after last rounds performance haha.

Props: Mike Ross (IRE v AUS), Owen Franks (NZL v JAP)
Hooker: Marius Tincu (ROM v ARG)
Locks: James Horwill (AUS v IRE), Adam Byrnes (RUS v USA)
Backrow: Todd Clever (USA v RUS), Richie McCaw (NZL v JAP), Heinrich Brussow (RSA v FIJ)
#9: Will Genia (AUS v IRE)
Inside Backs: Jonathan Sexton (IRE v AUS), Seremai Bai (FIJ v RSA), Sonny Bill Williams (NZL v JAP)
Outside Backs: Vereniki Goneva (FIJ v RSA), Kurtley Beale (AUS v IRE), Tommy Bowe (IRE v AUS)

Bench
Prop: Martin Castrogiovanni (ITA v BYE)
Hooker: Fabio Ongaro (ITA v BYE)
Lock: Courtney Lawes (ENG v BYE)
Backrow: Sam Warburton (WAL v BYE)
Scrummie: Morgan Parra (FRA v BYE)
Inside Back: Waisea Luveniyali (FIJ v RSA)
Outside Back: Chris Paterson (SCO v GEO)

Just waiting on team confirmations, not 100% McCaw or Franks will be playing against JAP in which case I am screwed. Paterson may also make it in if he is selected for SCO again, not sure who to drop from the backs though.

Predicting a lot of people to drop this round..

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've already made my transfers for round 2 caus i won't get to do it closer to the cut-off time. Am gambling a lot with team selection but I like the look of my squad much more than last round.

1. Sona Taumalolo (TON)
2. Marius Tincu (ROM)
3. Mike Ross (IRE)
4. Danie Rossouw (RSA)
5. Paul O'Connell (IRE)
6. Todd Clever (USA)
7. Heinrich Brussow (RSA)
8. Jerome Kaino (NZ)
9. Will Genia (AUS)
10. Felipe Contepomi (ARG)
11. Digby Ioane (AUS)
12. Morne Steyn (RSA)
13. Daniel Carter (NZ)
14. Israel Dagg (NZ)
15. Kurtley Beale (AUS)

16. Hubert Buydens (CAN)
17. Sunia Koto (FIJ)
18. Seko Kalou (FIJ)
19. Sam Warburton (WAL)
20. Mike Petri (USA)
21. Jonny Wilkinson (ENG)
22. Napolioni Nalaga (FIJ)

Ioane is out...

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The fact that the transfer cutoff is Wednesday really messes with selections since most of the teams for the weekend will not be named yet. You can bet the Aussies and Irish will be full strength, but the rest is a lottery. Already the Scots have made 11 changes to their starting XV.

Not to mention the issues created from the fact that Wales, England and France are not playing this round. I will just be happy to have all 15 of my players actually take the field.

Wonder if you can post that team in the sticky thread for RWC teams please?

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Is anyone else noticing their points are changing alot? I went from 355 points at the beginning of today - to 305... also I note that someone said above that no Australians made the dream team , yet my mrs has pocock in her dream team and she said he is part of it as he has a star next to his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.