• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR RWC Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
They review the games looking for errors/offloads/other things they may have missed and they update the scores as they go.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
ah cool - glad as I had to two irish props and they were killing it and was super surprised that they finished with 3 and negative points . They have since gone up.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Here was I using my superior (haha) rugby knowledge to pick one of the Georgian front-rower ...kashvilli's in my fantasy team. And which one did I pick? You guessed it, the one starting on the bench!!!

This Fantasy comp has started very badly for me, what with my disastrous picks for round 1 and then having players from round 1 (Patterson) who are mysteriously benched plus France, Italy, England and Wales not playing! I put it down to disastrously poor comp preparation. Picking three frogs, one Italian and one Welshman was not very smart when you can only do four transfers.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm having issues too. Too many players from the top teams being rested & only having the amount of transfers that we do each round is making it tough.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm having issues too. Too many players from the top teams being rested & only having the amount of transfers that we do each round is making it tough.

mm I'm slowly starting to think that you have to pack the bench with players who are having a bye this week and then just straight swap them in the following round.. well that's my plan anyway. Seems to be no point having 22 players who are all playing that weekend and then only have 10 the following playing and not enough transfers. Slowly going to need to phase out the minnow players too as I'm unsure how many transfers we will get in between the final group round and the QF's

Feel pretty safe going with the stonger minnow players such as Bai (Fij), Clever (USA), Tincu (ROM) as they are likely to start most group games, they don't seem to worry about not progressing or players wearing out. I'm stuffed if Australia rests any of their big players against Ireland (i.e Genia, Horwill, Beale) or NZ (i.e Williams, Franks, McCaw)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Managed to get all my players in, assuming Janine du Plessis, John Smit and Jaque Fourie get named for the Saffa's. If they don't play I'm screwed as both my reserve front rowers are Italian.

I feel safe with Clever and Jaques Burger in the backrow aswell, with Sermai Bai covering the inside backs.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Here was I using my superior (haha) rugby knowledge to pick one of the Georgian front-rower ...kashvilli's in my fantasy team. And which one did I pick? You guessed it, the one starting on the bench!!!

Lol exactly the same thing happened to me ... hoping he comes off the bench.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Word of advice. It is not worth trying to get ur picks in early. I strategically planned ahead to make sure I would have players available to cover the transfer limit. What I didn't back on were injuries to Carter, contepomi and ioane and now with no more transfers I've got a team without one centre (I kept wilkinson on my bench for next round) and if carter's out possibly 2. Luckily I had a Fijian as cover for Digby but a team with only 1 center out of 3 isn't going to pull big points. If you go worse than me this round I feel for you.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
mm I'm slowly starting to think that you have to pack the bench with players who are having a bye this week and then just straight swap them in the following round.. well that's my plan anyway. Seems to be no point having 22 players who are all playing that weekend and then only have 10 the following playing and not enough transfers. Slowly going to need to phase out the minnow players too as I'm unsure how many transfers we will get in between the final group round and the QF's

Feel pretty safe going with the stonger minnow players such as Bai (Fij), Clever (USA), Tincu (ROM) as they are likely to start most group games, they don't seem to worry about not progressing or players wearing out. I'm stuffed if Australia rests any of their big players against Ireland (i.e Genia, Horwill, Beale) or NZ (i.e Williams, Franks, McCaw)

True, the only reason I may still have enough players for rd2 is the 3 samoans I'm bringing off the bench.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure though, but there's only like a 16 or so hour window to make transfers after the round 2 ends before the start of the next one...so it will be a lottery trying to select a side what with likely restings and injuries cropping up...

So have made selections for this round 2 with a view to round 3...

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
You're better off choosing captains of the minnows who play in the forwards IMO.

Are Bowe and Sexton certainties to start against us?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I reckon minnows are the go for the forwards, especially the tight five. Guys like Jamie Cudmore, Mo Schwalger, John van der Giessen from USA. Will all score well, are pretty cheap and will play most games.

Have been forced to play a man down this week to ensure I have a full roster of outside and inside backs, including playing reserves. Don't want to be relying on Nalaga getting picked for Fiji, or Carter being fit and ready, or JOC (James O'Connor) being picked by Dingo. So I have sacrificed a second rower.

Samoa is a great team to pick from- play Namibia today and have already had their bye. Same goes for Canada.

You also need to think about next week as others have said- NZ, Scotland, Romania, Argentina, Ireland and Fiji all have the bye.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yea I sacrificed a lock as well. I hated the limited transfer rule to start, but now I think it is kind of cool because whoever comes out on top this round will no doubt be a good manager.

The million dollar question this week. Who to choose as captain.... Kahui or Jane???

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tough one, I'd side with Kahui. I've picked Alesani Tuilagi as my capt, hoping he does to the Namibians what he did to Rod Davies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I screwed up. No matter how many times I read the Irish lineup I kept skipping Sexton and transferred him out of my team. Idiot. it also mean I couldn't drop Dagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.