• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Reds Sat 23rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The Reds are probably forced into a tighter game without JOC (James O'Connor) and the usual backline combinations, that is actually sometimes preferable against NZ sides who like to counterattack.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Yikes. Reds chances are certainly looking dimmer now. Horrendous timing leading up to the kiwi teams

Of all the chat throughout the season for 10 replacements if JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) went down, did anyone pick Creighton?
My last pick for the 23 TBH. Where is Henry? The best backline for me:
9. McDermott
10. Stewart
11. Daugunu
12. Paisami/Henry
13. Henry/Paisami
14. Vunivalu
15. Campbell
21. Jeans?
22. Flook
23. Grealy

I’m nervous this week. But looking forward to a solid weekend in Melbourne.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I think JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) playing so many minutes has stung the Reds, not saying they could've predicted his injury but maybe wasn't the best prep not getting more minutes at 10 for someone else? It's deja vu.
With Bryce leaving last year, same with Carter both our back up and third string went. They recruited Lynagh but never replaced a Bryce (right or wrongly).

Would be a great spot for one of either Harrison, Donaldson or Edmund to fill to be honest.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With Bryce leaving last year, same with Carter both our back up and third string went. They recruited Lynagh but never replaced a Bryce (right or wrongly).

Would be a great spot for one of either Harrison, Donaldson or Edmund to fill to be honest.

But Thorn et al feel they did replace Bryce with Creighton?

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
That’s not good. Is his contract up this year or next? Upcoming Contract negotiations for in 2023 will be important with this number of injuries
Like the backline you put together, would be my picks too.

Henry’s signed through 23 I’m pretty sure. He’s marked as one to fight to retain for me. Be interesting to see what the injury is

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Henry injured again apparently. Based on some posters logic it’s probably time to cut him from the Reds.

Edmed is off contract this year but I just don’t like him. A player we would regret. Give me Donaldson or bring Gordon back.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
But Thorn et al feel they did replace Bryce with Creighton?
But according to some posters here, Thorn etc feel Henry is the next messiah and happy to toss Stewart ;)

Happy to be proven wrong with Creighton, I'm sure Stewart, Hunter and Jocks ball playing ability will help them slot into first receiver alot and take on some of the burden.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
But according to some posters here, Thorn etc feel Henry is the next messiah and happy to toss Stewart ;)

Happy to be proven wrong with Creighton, I'm sure Stewart, Hunter and Jocks ball playing ability will help them slot into first receiver alot and take on some of the burden.
I’d be keeping Stewart over Creighton. That’s a no brainer.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
No Canes team announced yet. Maybe they'll have some big "outs" too. Right now the Reds look really dodgy in a number of areas but they've still got Thor, really good locks, a kick-ass backrow, Stewart and Paisami and a very good back three. It could be time for Vunivalu and Daugunu to really break out.

Holding off on my weekly picks until all teams are up.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)

*Edmed

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

If you want a back up 10 you should look at Grealy.played all his junior rugby there so knows how it works and can read the play very well

Status
Not open for further replies.