• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Reds Sat 23rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Its fortunate for the Reds that JOC (James O'Connor) has played the number of starts he has this season.
I'm sure the Reds think tank have been aware of possible injury to him, especially as he is no spring chicken.
Though Creighton hasn't had any game time at 10, I reckon he'll be up for the position, and he can rotate with Stewart & Campbell.
This might also be the reason JP is given further recovery time, in that Campbell offers more as a replacement 10 for Creighton, if needed.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tayler Adams wouldn't be a bad shout if they end up in a pinch. Played plenty of NRC, Shute Shield, ITM Cup and MLR.

By all reports he has played well for Brothers in the trials.

However, I have heard his MLR contract wasn’t renewed hence why he’s in Brisbane. Which I find odd considering his resume, it’s not like the MLR is flooded with quality 10s. Might be saying something about him.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
At this stage I’m happy to wait and see how Creighton goes. All reports at the start of the season is that the Reds have been preparing for this and, while I would have like Creighton to have had a couple of runs there at least he will be working with a pretty settled backline.

Not meaning to underplay the importance of the loss of JOC (James O'Connor), but if our forwards can get on top then I’ll remain optimistic he can get the job done.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hurricanes;

1. Pouri Rakete-Stones
2. Kianu Kereru-Symes
3. Tyrel Lomax
4. James Blackwell
5. Isaia Walker-Leawere
6. Reed Prinsep
7. Blake Gibson
8. Ardie Savea (c)
9. TJ Perenara
10. Aidan Morgan
11. Wes Goosen
12. Peter Umaga-Jensen
13. Bailyn Sullivan
14. Julian Savea
15. Jordie Barrett
Replacements:
16. Leni Apisai
17. Xavier Numia
18. Tevita Mafileo
19. Justin Sangster
20. Te Kamaka (TK) Howden
21. Jamie Booth
22. Jackson Garden-Bachop
23. Billy Proctor
Unavailable for selection due to injury or suspension: Asafo Aumua, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Ruben Love, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, James O’Reilly, Brayden Iose, Pepesana Patafilo.

Bit of a worry the front row, but otherwise seems ok to me. A few of those unavailable because of injury would make me feel better.

Also interesting to see Morgan get 10, just a kid etc, even if he been around on edges for a couple of years.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
No excuses for the Reds with the 'Canes starting a young flyhalf who's played two games this season for a total of 94 minutes.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
5. Isaia Walker-Leawere
12. Peter Umaga-Jensen
FFS, finally.

No excuses for the Reds with the 'Canes starting a young flyhalf who's played two games this season for a total of 94 minutes.
He's a miles better player than pudding pants Garden Bachop.

Rayasi dumped from the XXIII, again. Only himself to blame. Goosen favoured and probably rightly so.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
No JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), that's a massive blow
I'm less concerned about this game than the forthcoming series against England. If he's out for a month with a knee injury, which lets be honest are never 100% even after a month he could be coming into that series a little underdone. He would have been my choice 10 for the Wallabies up until now. Anyway, I won't derail this thread, but it's a bummer all round.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hurricanes;

1. Pouri Rakete-Stones
2. Kianu Kereru-Symes
3. Tyrel Lomax
4. James Blackwell
5. Isaia Walker-Leawere
6. Reed Prinsep
7. Blake Gibson
8. Ardie Savea (c)
9. TJ Perenara
10. Aidan Morgan
11. Wes Goosen
12. Peter Umaga-Jensen
13. Bailyn Sullivan
14. Julian Savea
15. Jordie Barrett
Replacements:
16. Leni Apisai
17. Xavier Numia
18. Tevita Mafileo
19. Justin Sangster
20. Te Kamaka (TK) Howden
21. Jamie Booth
22. Jackson Garden-Bachop
23. Billy Proctor
Unavailable for selection due to injury or suspension: Asafo Aumua, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Ruben Love, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, James O’Reilly, Brayden Iose, Pepesana Patafilo.

Bit of a worry the front row, but otherwise seems ok to me. A few of those unavailable because of injury would make me feel better.

Also interesting to see Morgan get 10, just a kid etc, even if he been around on edges for a couple of years.
There’s a lot a double-barrelled surnames there. I never realised you guys were so posh Dan.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There’s a lot a double-barrelled surnames there. I never realised you guys were so posh Dan.
What can I say mate, all have their pinkys out as they sip their tea!! Why you think I'm a Canes man?? ;)
Mate I come from such a big family I don't even have a second chritisn name, so I really impressed with anyone who gets 2 surnames

Reactions: TSR

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm less concerned about this game than the forthcoming series against England. If he's out for a month with a knee injury, which lets be honest are never 100% even after a month he could be coming into that series a little underdone. He would have been my choice 10 for the Wallabies up until now. Anyway, I won't derail this thread, but it's a bummer all round.
It will work out, pretty sure within 5 minutes of the game starting that Tim Horan will rave about how Creighton must be on Rennies radar and was unlucky to miss the recent Wallabies camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.