• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Once he finishes his sentence! Very good news, thought he has had a breakout season to date.
I thought he might be a sneaky chance for Rugby Champ squad but the ban might cruel chance to push case in last few weeks. His athleticism is great and very good in the line out. Hits hard as well which Eddie loves

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's going to be interesting seeing all of Leota, Kemeny and Ekuasi attempt to be squeezed into the side, especially if both Dicky and Wilkin are retained (hope Brad is ok after last week, couldn't pick up whether it was knee or ankle at the ground but it did not look good).

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
It's going to be interesting seeing all of Leota, Kemeny and Ekuasi attempt to be squeezed into the side, especially if both Dicky and Wilkin are retained (hope Brad is ok after last week, couldn't pick up whether it was knee or ankle at the ground but it did not look good).
He said in post match that he didn’t think it was of any concern. But you never know what scans might reveal

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Was glad to have him here, but I think that's for the best moving forward. He's not blown games a part like we had hoped, albeit never expected him to, and it'll give more opportunity for Pincus and Vahui moving forward.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Happy for him to leave if a good offer is there. Has been solid and shown great work rate for the team in some wholehearted displays. Would equally be happy if he stayed but understand he’s on below market value at rebels currently.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
It’s odd he sort out the club and not the other way round and took less than a third of what he was on in Italy

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
It’s odd he sort out the club and not the other way round and took less than a third of what he was on in Italy
Reports at the time cited mental health reasons for leaving Benneton. Probably just needed some time back near family to get himself right. Wouldn't be the first person to take unders for better work/life balance.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I get they’ve been injured lately and need to maximise their career earnings but that’s really disappointing to see them leave before a Lions series. Canham LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) combo is solid though.

Also sucks for the Tahs who Phillip was rumoured to possibly go and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) would’ve been handy there too.

Aus really is a lock factory - so many overseas.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That’s pretty brutal about Trevor, I felt he’s pretty close to a Wallaby call up. Hope he comes back eventually.

Philip I’m resigned to losing already.

Last edited:

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
If true I think some of Hosea’s thinking is about making the best of things after a very injury filled 24 months. Hopefully see him back in 12-18months

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Probably disappointing from a Rebels perspective but not really from a Wallabies one. Hosea is overrated (based on a feel good burn boy story) and Philip is average. Philip has been talked him up due to the lack of depth in the position. Really like Canham and can see him pushing for higher honours in the next 18mths. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will be better for the time away.

Last edited:

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Worked wonders for Campbell Magnay.
That’s a little cheap for a comment. The guy might have legitimate fears for having a career ending injury and might think this is a good way for guaranteeing his family has a home paid for. Instead of sticking around for a quarter of the money. He had reoccurring foot injuries and doesn’t have the base of work a player like Bell has to demand a salary of decent size in recovery.

Hosea has been very good this season, especially considering he missed 18months of rugby. The best u24 lock in the country and not even close. Losing him is like losing Hockings