• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels vs Brumbies match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd still pick Toby Flood, but how good was Cipriani?
Awesome, man of the match for sure.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
That was rubbishing deciding a game like that. Anyway congrats to the Rebels nice to see them bounce back after last week and show they can be competitive. As for the Brumbies that was shocking. Coleman again a stand out, Colby was great when he came on, Mcabe again good, not much to say about the rest though.

G

GC

Fine defence and brilliant kicking for the Rebels. Perfect game plan with the available players. Top coaching from Macqueen and captaincy from Morty.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Fuck i wish We could refuse Kaplam a visa to ever enter the country again. He has fucked so many rugby games in the past decade or more. Great moment for the Rebels. Stadium is a buzz.

R

Richard D. James

Congrats Rebel, well done.

I'm pissed off at the Brumbies, but not as much as I normally would be when they lose.

How can you not be happy for the Rebels?

T

TOCC

Well done Melbourne!!

Hard loss for the Brumbies, but thats the nature of the beast, they really shouldn't have ever allowed the Rebels to be within 2pt with only 60sec remaining.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah agree - loving the atmosphere from the Rebels win. The crowd was awesome.

Commiserations for Brumbies fans - it is awful to lose like that, especially when your team didn't play well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies were disgraceful....

Kaplan was worse...

Congrats to the Rebels though.... Good friendly crowd...

R

Richard D. James

Yeah, as usual the refs calls even out in the end. Brumbies get the try from a forward pass, Rebels get a cheap penalty.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
What a rubbish game. Big shout out to Kaplan for yet again, ruining a game of rugby. I never saw the guy play an advantage, just stop things. To decide the game with a lightweight touch from Ma'afu is just a joke.

McCabe, Vaea, Coleman and Finger all played well. Gits had another mediocre game and To'omua unfortunately added nothing when he came on. Disappointing for the Brumbies, as much as it's great for Melbourne to win...the brumbies didn't need to hand away a game like it's charity.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My thoughts on the game:-

1) Kaplan is a crime against Rugby. A worse ref there is not anywhere to be found. He has even begun to make shit up - Delve not releasing the ball when he was not tackled. I agree he should be refused entry to Australia for anything to do with Rugby.

2) Brumbies very poor again this week. The issues that were evident last week came back to haunt them. They rely almost totaly on individuals to get them over the gain line, and if a Coleman, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Mcabe doesn't do it they struggle to make the gain line. Notice that they had what 80% of the ball and did two parts of SFA with it. Yes the Rebels defended well, take nothing away from them for that but the Brumbies offered little in attack.

3) Very impressed with Ita Vaea (sp) - run very similar line to Willie O - IMO.

4) I was a sceptic of Huxley at 12 but he played a very good game in conjunction with Cipriani. Vuna looked much better on the wing than at centre.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
Only caught the last 15 minutes or so, but was impressed with how both teams were still throwing themselves into it all the way to the end, still seemed to be pretty physical even at that late stage. Terrible call for the penalty, but fair enough given the forward pass for Speight's try.
Good to see Mortlock still charging at the line.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can we make an official G&GR petition to SANZAR to ban Kraplan from all Australian matches?

He just fixed a match.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
My thoughts on the game:-

1) Kaplan is a crime against Rugby. A worse ref there is not anywhere to be found. He has even begun to make shit up - Delve not releasing the ball when he was not tackled. I agree he should be refused entry to Australia for anything to do with Rugby.

2) Brumbies very poor again this week. The issues that were evident last week came back to haunt them. They rely almost totaly on individuals to get them over the gain line, and if a Coleman, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Mcabe doesn't do it they struggle to make the gain line. Notice that they had what 80% of the ball and did two parts of SFA with it. Yes the Rebels defended well, take nothing away from them for that but the Brumbies offered little in attack.

3) Very impressed with Ita Vaea (sp) - run very similar line to Willie O - IMO.

4) I was a sceptic of Huxley at 12 but he played a very good game in conjunction with Cipriani. Vuna looked much better on the wing than at centre.

1) Kaplan was dire as per usual. This is a real issue in Rugby and could potentially turn people away. The Ref has too much influence on the result. Don't know what can be done to rectify this but it must be addressed.

2) Vaea looks a good prospect. Give him time but if he continues to play with such strength he'll provide a serious threat to Palu come Wallaby selections. He is Aus eligible right?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
By those stats the Brumbies should have put on 50.

68% possession, 61% territory, 9 line breaks, 8 mins in Rebels 22, Rebels had 35 missed tackles

We are seeing why Alexander was the top Brumbies try scorer past season as they failed to take their chances

The odds for Friend being the first coach sacked must be going nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.