• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
As promised.
#Note Older and Slower did not get his tips in so he was given the away team.

View attachment 13478
I want to Play Joker but only if Scots and all GPS are listed on the program first each week and the CAS schools in the trials are in black and white with no logo please .......... otherwise can i wait till the great unwashed are banished from our sacred and hollowed forum .......... we all know they are not worthy so why do we wear our GPS jerseys against them ????

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
I want to Play Joker but only if Scots and all GPS are listed on the program first each week and the CAS schools in the trials are in black and white with no logo please .......... otherwise can i wait till the great unwashed are banished from our sacred and hollowed forum .......... we all know they are not worthy so why do we wear our GPS jerseys against them ????
You have some serious issues Mate

dave rennie

Banned
i believe its fair to say Scots are frontrunners at the moment and has been the only team as of yet to string together consecutive performances that demonstrate premiership potential. First game against Newington was an eye opener for the potential of what Scots are capable of putting together when they are fully polished. the amount of opportunities created by the blue and gold demonstrate they have the skillset to score from Mauls, scrum set piece, and in general play, had these been executed the scoreline would have been very different. Of course one could argue the same for Newington but I think its safe to say Scots had more opportunities created, just couldn't execute on the day.

Their second trial against barker was a cracker of a game to watch. Barker were the favourites leading up to the game however Scots seemed to have the upper hand for the majority of the game. they saw improvements in execution as well as discipline, as well as a much greater defensive performance. They played smart field position when needed, and had a pretty sizeable barker pack on the ropes often at scrum time. Scots forwards pack seem to be the most dominant pack in the competition from what we know so far, however it is still early days. The backline looks to have seen frequent changes amongst 10,12 and 13, possibly some injuries or just a case of rest. a combination of the dominance that Scots provide at set piece paired with the flair and skills in the backs pose a seriously challenging threat for the rest of the GPS.

another dominant win on Saturday against Stannies saw their ability to put up a big scoreline against a competent country side, however i didn't watch the game so I cant comment on anything other than the score. the second XV look to be filled with lots of depth and young talent with the likes of Fittler and co. Overall Scots look to be the team to beat at the moment, very intrigued for the upcoming fixtures against Kings and Joeys, should be a spectacle of GPS schoolboy rugby.

Let me know any of your thoughts!

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Something like this Rob?

test.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPPING ROUND 2.
Please message me (preferred) your tips as I am able to have an easily accessible record for them.
Tips will be made public on Saturday 21 May for all to see.

Good luck.

This round will be tricky as there are no real certainties. (Maybe Newington but Waverley seem to lift)

Match of the round? Scots v Kings being played at the Death Star.

BTW. The tipping competition is closed.

All those who are regular AAGPS thread contributors and lurkers were given time to enter last week.
Those who are not on my list and send me tips will be ignored. I cannot keep adding people and those who wish to be a nuisance.

Here are this weeks games. Team on the left in each pair is the home team.

dd.jpg

Last edited:

TheSwindleKicker

Frank Nicholson (4)
TIPPING ROUND 2.
Please message me (preferred) your tips as I am able to have an easily accessible record for them.
Tips will be made public on Saturday 21 May for all to see.

Good luck.

Here are this weeks games. Team on the left in each pair is the home team.

View attachment 13496
according to the AAGPS website it say View 1st play Cranbrook and View 2nds play Augs

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thank you. St Augustines have confirmed that their 1st XV will play View 2nd XV

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Knox play Joeys 3s according to AAGPS so assume it’s Knox 2s
I will be able to confirm all matches later this week.
These inter association matches strive to match teams up of equal ability.
This does not always work when a schools' A team is way better than another schools C/D or E team.
This is all hit and miss,.
Not many schools can match all grades with one another.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I heard that it was some of the Firsts as well, I hope Stannies catches them and sends them to Cranbrook ...............
The best way to approach this matter, is for Scots to cancel all sporting contacts, with Stannies indefinitely. If Stannies run out of schools to play, they will get the message. Additionally, if other schools are aware of Stannies Boys behaviour they think twice about adding them to their fixture list.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The best way to approach this matter, is for Scots to cancel all sporting contacts, with Stannies indefinitely. If Stannies run out of schools to play, they will get the message. Additionally, if other schools are aware of Stannies Boys behaviour they think twice about adding them to their fixture list.
Lets wait to hear the full story. Sounds terrible. Maybe locks on change rooms will help. I know some schools have a staff member on watch outside the visitors rooms just in case. All it takes is a couple of rotten kids to ruin a relationship. Stannies will be making enquiries.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
Tip of the Week for those heading to Riverview this season.

If your ever thinking of sitting in the Visitor's Pavilion (known as the Old Pavilion) behind the First Fields try line and its been raining prior to OR on the day, pack yourself some sturdy gum boots.

Right the way around the structure was a continuous deep mud bowl. Teams were leaving the change rooms (I was sitting there from noon) trying to stay upright to access the field below. Trudging thru all the mud back up to the road was an effort. You couldn't get around it.

Surely the school is well cashed up to install some 'weather proof' concrete stairs or staggered concrete walkway linking it to the access road above as well as a similar safe passage from the Pavilion to the First Field below (any boy could of rolled an ankle).

Come on View....its time to 'spread the wealth'.

Predicted 2022 last home game....heading from the 'Old Pav' up to the roadway.

1652690607433.png

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Love that old grandstand. Sat there decades ago watching View win the 1980 rugby premiership when they beat Joeys 15-3. Rained heavily from the Thursday before the match. Six games were played on the No. 1 field prior to the first grade fixture so that the surface was a quagmire well before the main game started. NO tries were scored that game. Penalties? 17-4 View.

Status
Not open for further replies.