• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think the Joeys boy was completely knocked out and I certainly know that the tackle wasn't 180 degrees. I didn't properly see the tackle but I don't think it was as bad as people have been saying. Also is it confirmed that Cummins actually made the tackle as many people are saying it was another player?
It was 180, I did see it very well. The tackled player was inverted and went upper body / shoulders (possibly head) first into the ground. Whether he was knocked out is a mute point and irrelevant to any sanction. I do find the claim it was another player curious.

crazy schoolboy

Peter Burge (5)
It was 180, I did see it very well. The tackled player was inverted and went upper body / shoulders (possibly head) first into the ground. Whether he was knocked out is a mute point and irrelevant to any sanction. I do find the claim it was another player curious.
Hi oldslower,
I think you should just leave the topic of Scots out of your vocabulary as you never have anything positive or correct to say about the boys. If you were there as I also was you would have noticed it was not 180 degrees and the players head whiplashed on the ground.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Hi oldslower,
I think you should just leave the topic of Scots out of your vocabulary as you never have anything positive or correct to say about the boys. If you were there as I also was you would have noticed it was not 180 degrees and the players head whiplashed on the ground.
Hi Crazy Schoolboy
Really not much for me to say, you have said it all. 1) you acknowledge you didn't properly see the tackle 2) you acknowledge that the players head whiplashed into the ground. On the other hand I have plenty of good things to say about Scots, for example, the main ground although a little boggy has a nice view, or, the canteen at Scots tends to have some pretty good tucker. See, lots of good things. Moving on....

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
the canteen at Scots tends to have some pretty good tucker. See, lots of good things. Moving on....
View was good from the old Library. Hopefully the view will be good from the Dark Tower. The BBQ is generally very good with the Blackwatch Cafe serving up some excellent coffee. The aftergame function is also very good with plenty of hot food.

schoolboykurtley

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone got any predictions for the second round of highly contested 3rds comp this weekend. Keen to hear everyone's thoughts.

First time commenter SK :)

wyvernboy

Banned
Hi All

Get the protractors out !! Was it 180 or 150, head first or back, knock out or not ? Does not matter. Ref saw it as "dangerous" and sent the player off. The question is whether it was no. 12 or another player. Hard to believe that something like that, the ref, touchy or even players get it wrong. The backchat might have ( probably did ) add to the length of suspension. Anyway, 2 games is 2 games. He'll have to cop it and so does his team. Scots will be strong anyway but disruption to backline combos can be crucial.

Wyvernboy

O

Old High Boy

Was it 180 or 150, head first or back, knock out or not ? Does not matter. Ref saw it as "dangerous" and sent the player off...
This...

As refs, when deciding on the sanction for a lifting tackle we assess:
* Did the legs go past the horizontal?
* If so, was the player driven into the ground?
* What part of the tackled players body made contact with the ground first? Red card for head/ neck contact, Yellow card for anything else...

If the same player gave the ref a gobful after making this tackle, then I'd say he was lucky with only missing 2 x weeks..

Just my 0.02 worth here..

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ho Old High Boy

Great explanation. Thanks.

Wyvernboy
These high boys know their mathematics.

introduce-maths-rugby-lessons.jpg

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hi All

Get the protractors out !! Was it 180 or 150, head first or back, knock out or not ? Does not matter. Ref saw it as "dangerous" and sent the player off. The question is whether it was no. 12 or another player. Hard to believe that something like that, the ref, touchy or even players get it wrong. The backchat might have ( probably did ) add to the length of suspension. Anyway, 2 games is 2 games. He'll have to cop it and so does his team. Scots will be strong anyway but disruption to backline combos can be crucial.

Wyvernboy
I can confirm 100% that Cummins received 2 games plus no GPS rep.

letsruck

Allen Oxlade (6)
I do believe the condition of the player afterwards plus the players reaction to the red card matters a lot for when they face the judiciary. Even though he wasn't the one who made the tackle his swearing at the ref and bad manner probaly affected his sanction a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.