• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
maybe you need to have a break from the place if its getting you so riled up.
aa.jpg

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have noticed some of these players that have made Gen Blue have pledged their allegiance to Rugby League and therefore did not compete in the Schools, Sydney and Country cup. I thought initially that was the trial to be selected for Gen Blue which made them ineligible to make it any further. Could anyone explain how that works? (Not critiquing just in a little bit of confusion)

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
I have noticed some of these players that have made Gen Blue have pledged their allegiance to Rugby League and therefore did not compete in the Schools, Sydney and Country cup. I thought initially that was the trial to be selected for Gen Blue which made them ineligible to make it any further. Could anyone explain how that works? (Not critiquing just in a little bit of confusion)
any names in particular? the ones I recognise as being thought to be attached to league all played in the schools carnival in some form.

TheBatman

Allen Oxlade (6)
It is with this vanilla brand of footy being played by Riverview I fear their results for the remainder of the season.
Were we not just praising Riverview’s combinations and attacking prowess through the backs only two rounds ago? I agree they under performed against Shore, but View are arguably my favourite team to watch at the moment, due to how close the games seem to be. Despite Views losses this season they seem to (in Riverview fashion) only just fall short of who they play.

- lost to Knox by 5
- lost to Shore by 3
- lost to Joeys by 5 (had a 7+ lead)
- lost to Scots by 2 (had a 7+ lead)
- lost to Barker by 2 (had a 7+ lead)

Just like these results, I really hope that this View vs Joeys is a tight match up no matter outcome and the better team wins. Boy, would a View win shake up the this tight premiership race.

This team had so much potential to really stick to some critics but just fell short. Let’s not slander a team that has shown a lot more heart than a lot Riverview teams in the past few years.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
For any Kings Rugby or AAGPS schoolboy supporter....

1659340444582.png

To celebrate 150 years of Rugby, engage with Author Barry Ross as he recounts significant stories outlining the role and impact of Rugby across generations at The King’s School. With a limited print run, this special commemorative book is your opportunity to relive the King's Rugby experience from inception to 2020. Take a journey through the years as we explore every decade and those classic moments and individuals that made rugby an integral part of King's history.
If you would like to purchase one of these special editions, the cost is $90 including postage.
All orders must be in by Friday 30 September. You can order your copy and select pick up or postage options here - https://bit.ly/3bqDNK6
This project has been overseen with the love and care of the Archivist Jenny Pearce, if you have any questions about the book, please email Jenny on jpearce@kings.edu.au

Up and In

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey everyone.

Still need a few more results and your feedback.

We are missing 9 results:
  • Shore v View - 15As, 15Bs, 14Bs
  • New v Kings - 15As, 15Bs, 14As, 14Bs, 13As, 13Bs
I understand one game was "cancelled" - whatever that means. We need to establish which team pulled out first so we can allocate "Bye" vs "Forfeit", otherwise it will be a 0-0 draw.

If you can help, please let us know asap.

Joker
Thorn in the side of Scots College since 2010

View attachment 14328
Riverview v Shore 14B game was abandoned after an injury that required an ambulance. Draw points? 15As 17-5 to Riverview, 15Bs 26-all draw.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
All the Gen Blue kids were told that while the programme was on they couldn’t play league; they have to choose sides. So some decisions to be made. Except isn’t the Harold Matts comp finished anyway? May be a moot threat.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Why don't Scots balance the Glengarry groups a bit better? in the old days (30 + years ago) Scots made sure the majority of A grade players were back for the comp games. For mine it seems extremely dangerous to chuck lower grade players into this environment. Based on what I have been told the Joeys team went extremely easy on Scots and played at about 3/4 pace or less. If Joeys didn't self impose the mercy rule, allow Scots to maintain 15 players even though Scots elected to go uncontested before kickoff and treat this like a training run / trial the score would have been 100+.... I don't see how that is a good experience for anyone.
Because Scots puts the experience of the Gaz over a season of Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.