• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagnation

Allen Oxlade (6)
Give a review.

I shall not be attending as this game should be played at Riverview and not some local thugby league ground that has NO school atmosphere. The school is denying their own year 12 boys a chance to play the old enemy for a final time on their home soil, not some rent-a-venue.

Give me the tree lined amphitheater of Lane Cove, the cars parked on the hill, the fanatical View supporters, the Cerise & Blue Army, fathers at the BBQ, the sneaky beers in the car boot and the smiling mums at the canteen. This is what it is all about.....tradition and family.
100% agree

however one of the reasons the game has been moved is due to the new building being constructed at view so there is limited parking on the slopes

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
100% agree

however one of the reasons the game has been moved is due to the new building being constructed at view so there is limited parking on the slopes
They’ll have a new excuse next year as well. Has been Weather, Security and now Parking… it’s one of the few venues with good local parking around the neighbourhood even with the slopes being half occupied.

Don’t let them spin it. They’re full of shit.

kentwellcupchamp87

Stan Wickham (3)
100% agree

From when I went to View for the Scots game it didn't look like parking was very affected. It's not like joeys can't pack out a ground with the minimal parking they have available. Just excuses. Even the grandstand shouldn't be an excuse cause the hill is great and they could have installed some demountable seating on the far side instead of renting a whole new ground. Shameful

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
And others who I know who were at Joeys, have sent their sons to other AAGPS schools.

Little known fact but it was a prominent View family that accidently funded the building of the Joeys Gulag. Humphrey Oxenham a wealthy businessman living at Randwick in an impressive abode overlooking the racecourse, had many successful racehorses over the years, including Melbourne Cup winners. He also won the 1886 Sydney Cup and donated 15,000 pounds to his local Randwick parish (Stairway to Heaven etc).. And it was being run by the Marist brothers, they diverted the donation to the building of the Gulag. As an acknowledgment to Mr Oxenham's generosity, the school took on the families "silks" colours and name of the 1886 Cup winner which was... drum roll please... "Cerise & Blue" aka Pink & Blue.. Just Jokering INP... but also, not.

Needless to say, all the Oxenhams from Humphrey's sons - to the current generation have all attended Riverview.
Pretty sure the cerise and blue are the “French colours” cause joeys was founded by French brothers … or that’s what I was told anyway

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
And others who I know who were at Joeys, have sent their sons to other AAGPS schools.

Little known fact but it was a prominent View family that accidently funded the building of the Joeys Gulag. Humphrey Oxenham a wealthy businessman living at Randwick in an impressive abode overlooking the racecourse, had many successful racehorses over the years, including Melbourne Cup winners. He also won the 1886 Sydney Cup and donated 15,000 pounds to his local Randwick parish (Stairway to Heaven etc).. And it was being run by the Marist brothers, they diverted the donation to the building of the Gulag. As an acknowledgment to Mr Oxenham's generosity, the school took on the families "silks" colours and name of the 1886 Cup winner which was... drum roll please... "Cerise & Blue" aka Pink & Blue.. Just Jokering INP... but also, not.

Needless to say, all the Oxenhams from Humphrey's sons - to the current generation have all attended Riverview.
I always felt View was split into thirds.

1/3 Sons of View Old Boys
1/3 Sons of Joeys Old Boys
1/3 First timers

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, you are free to believe what you will, I'll go with the Oxenhams written family history, they have it documented. The ones I have met are all great blokes, all in various professions and were contributing to higher sporting teams/crews at View in my generation and previous generations, according to my Dad.
I go with the official Joeys history book "Century of Striving"
BTW....I know Joeys actually suggested this school motto to View..."plena sumus ipsi"
Still works

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry mate can’t hear you over all the building works.
Can you get a car park?

1685610111715.png

ScrumMan

Frank Row (1)
any updated projections for the u16 presidents 1-2 sides?
-Professor
Most likely will be majority filled be Joeys & Riverview in the U16 1sts side and the 2nd side will be mixed between other schools. Some players to look out for who will most likely make 1st or 2nd team are: Ontini Large (Scots), Heamusi Makasini (Newington), Tom Hartman (Riverview), Jonty Fowler (Joeys), Justice Tonumaipea (Joeys) & Charlie Galligan (Shore)

pilldistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
From what I have seen in the 16s the final 15 should consist of something like:

1. Davenport
2. Garner
3. Scot’s Prop forget name played 1sts against shore?
4. Baxter (Year 11 but is eligible)
5. Green/Galligan (Rumor that Cooper may be injured?)
6. Conna
7. Ghattas/Simmons?
8. Perkins/Clout (with Justice being only u15s)

9. Grover
10. Fowler
11. Hartman (Is eligible and has made Gen Blue plus Sydney teams in the past)
12. Large
13. Makasini
14. Roberts/Folkes?
15. Palmisani (Heard Grantham is back for Newington this week too?)

This is pretty rough but from what I have heard and seen this season for sure many from this will make it. With also many playing high level league or union.

Good mentions: Sinclair 10 from Scot’s, Farrah, Laverty, Gough.
Forwards seem very set, with the backs tho would hate to be the selector with such a talented age group.

That’s all from me.

Ballscollector

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haven’t watched enough of the 16s this year but from what I’ve seen and heard Ben Saywer has to be squeezed into the team somehow, I understand Fowler at 10 but Sawyer is a special talent who shouldn’t go unrewarded - should find room for him somewhere in the team. Fonua from Kings also should be playing in the second row, another player doing well in Kings 2nds, and you’ve mentioned him but Matt Gough should definitely find a spot in this team although I’ve heard he may be injured if anyone can confirm? Have to watch a bit more of the 16s to know for sure but that’s some comments from my view.
The Collector.

pilldistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
Haven’t watched enough of the 16s this year but from what I’ve seen and heard Ben Saywer has to be squeezed into the team somehow, I understand Fowler at 10 but Sawyer is a special talent who shouldn’t go unrewarded - should find room for him somewhere in the team. Fonua from Kings also should be playing in the second row, another player doing well in Kings 2nds, and you’ve mentioned him but Matt Gough should definitely find a spot in this team although I’ve heard he may be injured if anyone can confirm? Have to watch a bit more of the 16s to know for sure but that’s some comments from my view.
The Collector.
Yes Gough apparently out for 4 weeks I have heard through the grape vine. Yet with Saywer is a great 10 would be hard to fit in anywhere besides off the bench his defence lacks for him to play a second 10 role at 12 and 15 so not sure what a solution could be?

Thanks for reminding on Fonua a great young star who will definitely make the starting XV.

Masked Crusader

Ward Prentice (10)

1. Davenport
2. Garner
3. Scot’s Prop forget name played 1sts against shore?
4. Baxter (Year 11 but is eligible)
5. Green/Galligan (Rumor that Cooper may be injured?)
6. Conna
7. Ghattas/Simmons?
8. Perkins/Clout (with Justice being only u15s)

9. Grover
10. Fowler
11. Hartman (Is eligible and has made Gen Blue plus Sydney teams in the past)
12. Large
13. Makasini
14. Roberts/Folkes?
15. Palmisani (Heard Grantham is back for Newington this week too?)

This is pretty rough but from what I have heard and seen this season for sure many from this will make it. With also many playing high level league or union.

Good mentions: Sinclair 10 from Scot’s, Farrah, Laverty, Gough.
Forwards seem very set, with the backs tho would hate to be the selector with such a talented age group.

That’s all from me.
Forwards seem set? Bold statement. Ghattas plays 2, depending on injuries Massey would be 6 or 7, prior would likely be 1. Fonua will be 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.