• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
I know this is the wrong sport boys does anyone know when State of Origin game II team lists come out. Id love to see if Marshal Le Maitre makes the NSW teams:eek:

Jack Gallagher

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shore Boys seem pumped for the big weekend! Hill is going to be filled for sure.
Been distributing my time around GPS games, Ben Whatley for sure an underdog for GPS team selections. Not a big body, but skillful and great kicking game. Not surprised about the hype around him. Been around the norths colts (under 20) system since he was 15.

Giddy Up

Bob McCowan (2)
No, Grammar rugby is significantly stronger than High rugby at the moment. A combined team wouldn’t look that different to the Grammar team. The Grammar 1sts are basically the equivalent of the Joeys 3rds in a year where Joeys 1sts aren’t a standout team. A combined team would be cannon fodder for the Tier 1 GPS schools. I don’t think that Grammar or High have any aspiration to compete at that level again. There are only 8 rugby teams at Grammar from 1200 boys (only the 14s have 2 teams). I assume High has even less than 8 teams. The school would have to change direction to want to be a Top Tier rugby school. I just can’t see it ever happening.
High has 9 teams this year. Up from 6 last year due to change of Master of Rugby. Expecting even more next year

To be fair, I’d say both kings have set the standard for passion and creative war cry’s this year … Joeys while always intimidating, their war cry’s have become a bit stale and robotic like
This is a contrast to what was witnessed last Saturday. Standing over the other side on the hill, the view crowd looked to be triple the size of the Kings crowd. It looks like whilst Kings may have the imports they do not have the rugby culture.

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Similar to previous seasons, could the team lists in the Rugby Programs handed out at all 3 venues be screenshot and posted here (1sts and 2nds of both schools).
Being able to match the position(s) with the naming of players on this thread would help alot.

Cheers

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
What is Rugby Culture ? Is it different from school to school ?

Is Rugby Culture a packed compulsory Joeys stand, supporting their teams "better" than a small group of enthusiatic away New boys going off when their team produces an upset ? A school that basically funnels the majority of boys to play Rugby ( even if they don't want to ) cause it only allows 1/2 teams of football and no other Winter sport or a program that allows more sport choices ie View,New but allows the boys who love to play Rugby a pathway to enjoy their sport ? Notice no mention os the S or I words. No need for this as it's up to each school's policy.

Point: Every school is different and no one Rugby Culture is superior to others. Different yes, Better no !!

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
What is Rugby Culture ? Is it different from school to school ?

Is Rugby Culture a packed compulsory Joeys stand, supporting their teams "better" than a small group of enthusiatic away New boys going off when their team produces an upset ? A school that basically funnels the majority of boys to play Rugby ( even if they don't want to ) cause it only allows 1/2 teams of football and no other Winter sport or a program that allows more sport choices ie View,New but allows the boys who love to play Rugby a pathway to enjoy their sport ? Notice no mention os the S or I words. No need for this as it's up to each school's policy.

Point: Every school is different and no one Rugby Culture is superior to others. Different yes, Better no !!
Mate lay off the booze

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Winter sport or a program that allows more sport choices
Lets see.....winter tennis, golf, cross country, AFL.....yep Joeys offers more than Rugby and Football.

1685687456351.png
1685687530679.png
1685687581540.png

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Joker
Be careful. You've opened up a can of worms with accusing View old boys of racial abuse etc and of course Joeys old boys do nothing of the sort.
Play the ball, not the Man. Cyclops is watching.
Good point.

I never said Joeys boys are saints, they just "adjust" grandstands.
I shall amend my post.

https __prod.static9.net.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.