• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudderless

Alex Ross (28)
for those interested, the U20 Aus v NZ game on the weekend, the replay is here

[no sound and no score posted]

Junior Wallabies v New Zealand U20s
1 Jack Barrett
2. Max Craig
3. Massimo De Lutiis
4. Daniel Maiava-Tapusoa
5. Jhy Legg
6. Lachlan Hooper
7. Ned Slack-Smith
8. John Bryant
9. Teddy Wilson
10. Jack Bowen
11. Tim Ryan
12. David Vaihu
13. Henry O'Donnell
14. Ronan Leahy
15. Mason Gordon
RESERVES
16. Liam Bowron
17. Harrison Usher
18. Nick Bloomfield
19. Leafi Talataina
20. Dan Nelson
21. Nick Baker
22. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips
23. Taj Annan
24. Floyd Aubrey
25. Ollie McCrea
Ace

That game was played today at 12 noon (AEST)

The 2nd game is this Saturday live on STAN Sport from 2.30pm (AEST) at Sky Stadium, Wellington.

Last edited:
Great week of footy this one lads,
Joeys v Riverview = Riverview by 17
Kings v Scots = Kings by 22
Newington v Shore = Newington by 7
Think this week that showcases the real contenders, separating them from the pack.

The Scots pack is going to struggle with the speed and strength of the Kings pack. I think Kings backs will shut down Fitla in particular but interesting to see how Jaques goes.

Joey's lack of firepower in the backline in terms of playmakers from 10 & 12 will hurt them all season long but in particular against Riverview. Joey's injuries and lack of star power will hurt them. This is a 'get right' game from View

Newington v Shore will be a good one. I think Newington will come back in the second half for a narrow win, putting them in good stead for the back half of the comp.

Quite obvious that View will be drilling out some less apt plays that ultimately afforded Kings a chance, and no doubt at this stage Kings are fair bit stronger than Joey's (though you just can't ever count Joeys out fully, can you?).

However, I really think that if Scots get their confidence this round, they stand a fair chance at pummeling the patchy Kings side, so I don't think I can bring myself to agree that they won't hold out against these 'vicious attacks'. Scots are obviously some heavy hitters, and can never be counted out!

Regards,
RBE (SBHS 83')

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
Evening Joker and fellow people.
Tips for this week.
We are set for a week of pretty obvious wins ahead of us and i think the easiest week for tipping all season. But i do think it will be hard to tip the margins

Kings vs Scots
These two sides playing earlier in the year with Kings winning by a decent margin. Kings also without Tonga their star player in this trial match. I think Scots have improved ever since the trial match and it’s obvious that Kings will win but by how much i am unsure of.

New vs Shore
I think Shore are definitely the weakness of this competition again this year which i find really sad because they did so well last year and they have a new coach and new rugby program this year. I hope their season turns around and they can get a few wins. I think Newington are coming off a good win against Joeys and i think they are obvious winners in this one.

VIEW VS JOEYS LEICHARDT OVAL

Well the game we have all been waiting for. Joeys vs View. View obvious winners in this match but i think the fact that it’s at leichhardt gives in a huge x factor where any team can win and i think it creates a much closer game. The battle of the 2 fittest schools. Riverviews X factor all season has been how fit their team is but joeys are also a very fit team so it will be interesting.

Final tips
Kings +12
New+8
View+10

Hopefully i do as well as i did last week
BoysFromTheBxW

harryfromhay

Allen Oxlade (6)
View by 5- Expecting a classic at Leichardt. We all know Joeys and View are at their best in this match up and the feeling around the schools are that this could be a game to remember (Hopefully more memorable for the view crowd)
Kings by 7
New by 14

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Outstanding results are now:
  • Kings v View for
    • 16Bs
    • 15Bs
    • 14Bs
    • 13Bs
  • Scots v Shore
    • 16As
Don't forget we still haven't got the following Round 2 results:
  • Newington v Kings
    • 16Bs
    • 15Bs
There are a few Kings boys on this thread, hopefully they can help out. The school does put results up but are a bit sluggish with it, only round 1 results there so far. I will keep looking periodically.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Seeing a lot of sentiment in regards to View in a comfortable win. I hope this is true from my point of view but I don't see it being that way. Form doesn't really matter in this game and you can spin it as an absolute must win for Joeys. A loss here for Joeys and winning the comp will rely on others and them running the table. The closeness of the results throughout the season don't indicate any floggings are on the cards. (at least in the first time around)

@Joker
Kings +9
View +8
New +4

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
16Bs - Scots 38 Shore Nil
15As - Shore 19 Scots Nil
14As - Scots 45 Shore 12
14Bs - Scots 41 Shore 24
13As -Shore 29 Scots 21
13Bs - Shore 20 Scots 5

16As - Scots apparently won but no score posted yet.
Not that it makes much difference but 16Bs were 38 - 5. You may have read in the SMH about the recent year 10 fight at Shore. Well one of the repurcussions was that 20 year 10 boys were put on Saturday detention last weekend - pretty much all of who played rugby in the 16s. We lost players through every grade and had to forfeit 16Es.
stupid way to punish an entire age group...

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Not that it makes much difference but 16Bs were 38 - 5. You may have read in the SMH about the recent year 10 fight at Shore. Well one of the repurcussions was that 20 year 10 boys were put on Saturday detention last weekend - pretty much all of who played rugby in the 16s. We lost players through every grade and had to forfeit 16Es.
stupid way to punish an entire age group...
Can you imagine the amount of "My Dad .... ...." that was said with a quivering lip.

Please tell me there was a Boater thrown like Oddjob

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
There are a few Kings boys on this thread, hopefully they can help out. The school does put results up but are a bit sluggish with it, only round 1 results there so far. I will keep looking periodically.
Thank you.

This is why I am encouraging the lads to get on here as they often know the results quicker than the results.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TIPS TUESDAY!

1685399869090.png

Well you have seen some of the braver heads here explain their choices and margins.

Do you agree?

Will Kings trample the bagpipes, the Dragon breathe fire over the the Shore men and the Wild Wolves subdue the cattledogs?
So far not many have tipped Scots, Shore or Joeys. Do they know something you don't?

Get in now. Want to change your mind? You can, just message me before midnight Friday.

Tipping closes at midnight Friday.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Question :

Has, and if so when and who, a school gone undefeated in 10 round comp ?
If King's achieves this, it's a huge compliment to their Rugby program ( even though some question their methods ).

Status
Not open for further replies.