• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogieslammer

Frank Row (1)
Looks like Shore put up a fight against a View team that was still recovering from the weekend. Well done to them, unfortunate that it’s marred by controversial calls. I’m sure they’ll celebrate over the long weekend

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Probably responsible for the knock-on as well on the last play. Why not try some humility, grace and dignity? Losing is not such a terrible thing for one's character, and Shore would know. Why not let them enjoy the sun while it shines, for once, for heaven's sake.
You wouldn’t judging by how they carry on.

This comp is so even at the moment. Kings getting it done has it almost put away now.

Up and In

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well View shit the bed in royal fashion.

Congrats shore on their annual win.

That’s refs interpretation of everything forms Scrums to Rucks was bizarre and he needs his head read.

Kings have a clear path now?
TGoR, I have always been on your side with everything you've posted, but your comment on the ref "he needs his head read" is disappointing from someone who's always been objective (from my angle anyway).

Also last post before I probs get banned. But can someone explain when the 7 for view got carded why didn’t the penalty take place where it happen? Why did it got moved forward to where last play was.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
TGoR, I have always been on your side with everything you've posted, but your comment on the ref "he needs his head read" is disappointing from someone who's always been objective (from my angle anyway).
I try not to go after Refs. I’ve actually said a lot have been positive this year but when it’s bad it’s bad and in Rugby it has such a massive impact on the sport unfortunately.

Probably harsh on the language but it’s been said.

It’s a good effort from Shore following a big loss. Coaches would be proud

Like I can agree shore played very well probably one of their best this year. And it was pretty scrappy by view. It just frustrating that on a couple of questionable decisions can decide a game.

RemainingInTheGame

Peter Burge (5)
I'm watching the Shore v View game on the back of this thread.

Can someone post some times for all of these ref incidents.

I'd usually dismiss as sour grapes but the volumes of posts has me wanting to judge for myself.

(And that is one of NSWRRA most experienced active refs).

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
Like I can agree shore played very well probably one of their best this year. And it was pretty scrappy by view. It just frustrating that on a couple of questionable decisions can decide a game.

Attachments

• CAA3BE1C-2E22-4C73-AE81-8C1BB7437121.gif
    CAA3BE1C-2E22-4C73-AE81-8C1BB7437121.gif
    1 MB · Views: 125

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots 29 - 13 Newington, great game. Scots started 10-0 down and came back really well running hard in the forward pack and scoring some great tries through the backs. Some quality defence was another reason scot's we're Standout players for me would be Jay mckenzie, Will Guilfoyle and Harry Gianoutsos

Last edited:

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Sounds like some Cluch in store tonight. While all debate about Shore v View ref what the hell is going on with Scots and New? Form book out the window. While a sky blue supporter glad the cerise and blue showed up. Great even comp this year.

Oldboy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Kings will be looking forward to playing joeys at home in the last round after that mistake ridden performance. Joeys scrum is good and are a solid team but they just lack of a bit of try scoring ability.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Agree - just not Joey's year - they are close but just not happening at the moment.

Kings will be looking forward to playing joeys at home in the last round after that mistake ridden performance. Joeys scrum is good and are a solid team but they just lack of a bit of try scoring ability.
Joeys have struggled all year (bar the first half/ game against Scot’s) to turn large amounts of possession & set piece dominance throughout the game into points. They are definitely missing players who are finishers .

They Only scored one try today, and that was through the forwards.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
New and disturbing territory for Joeys.....mid season without a win and bottom of the 1st XV table......one point adrift of Shore.
I do believe they've been unlucky though and to take them lightly in return matches would be unwise.
A lot of close matches and whilst it is clearly going to be Kings year 32 points has been the biggest winning margin.
Good for the GPS competition....a period without outright dominance by any school.
Kings, Joeys, View, Scots and Newington have all taken turns at the top since 2010.

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
View lost to a better team. View were their own enemy. Dropped ball, ill disciplined, poor tackling and tactically out smarted and did not play their own game which has served them well. Yes, I believe they had a lag from last week but that should not happen from a champion team and unfortunately, this is not one. Shore played their game, simple yet effective and played the ref well ( you can do that !!). Congrats Shore !

New were very dumb. kicked too often and straight to the 15 who was the most dangerous player on the field. Why kick to him ? Dumb tactics
( coaches or players ?). Blew their chance to go second with View losing and can't see them recovering to challenge for the title. Scots played well enough to win with some good phases yet their backline still needs work. Individual brilliance got them over the line.

Kings are the leaders going into Rd 2 and champion teams win when they don't play well and play tough towin away at Joeys. Well done and they have 1 hand on the trophy. Joeys played with lots of heart, probably played their toughest today yet came second. No luck, just not good enough.

Can't see Kings being beaten ( obvious thing to say ) but they are a complete team with smart coaches and smart players ib key positions.

Refs are Refs. You play what's in front, cop the bad calls and turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.