• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

DrDanieCraven

Bob McCowan (2)
Couple thoughts on Joeys V Scots this weekend...

With Joeys coming off the back of a strong win against Newington last week, I believe they will be met a bit of a challenge against a strong Scots outfit looking to put some points on after last weeks draw to Kings. The strong ball carriers of Brial, Lemoto (missing passport) and Jaques hitting the weak defensive 10 channel will do some serious damage as I feel that will be an area that will be targeted come Saturday. I believe the matchup of the day will be between the two number 8s, Brial and Justice, both coming off big games. My prediction for the weekend is an upset, Scots by 2 in a very tight game. Anytime Tryscorers, Fittler - Brial - Sleeman - Greer.

Keen for the weekend ahead.

SDWS
Where is the weak defensive 10 channel in Fowler, Gough, Logan, Taumoepeau? Fowler one of the best defensive 10’s in the comp, alongside Gough one of the hardest 12’s in contact. Logan showed his defensive chops at Bellevue Hill last year for those who remember and he is coming off the open side of the scrum this year. Justice to clean up the scraps.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
1716596879545.png

Interesting to note two former Joeys staff now coaching at TSC.

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
@Joker

Scots +3
View + 12
King +11

Got to wish luck to Scots today Subbies, the task is always a little more difficult at the HH Asylum, game of the round imho. If there is one school that battles Joeys, as hard as View, it would the boys from the East. The pink and blue fireants will call on speed and fitness too, as is their MO, won't necessarily rely on size, Scots have some talent lined up ready to do battle. Have fun squinting into the sun trying to follow the match.

Haven't heard a tip either way from the Head of C o E, King Charles all week regarding who is going to win between Navy or Sky blue today (unusual, I know, but he has been crook). Navy blue go in as favorites, but there will be some fight in the young Sky blue side, so wouldn't be surprised to see an upset.

New' are one of the oldest GPS schools to play rugby, so deserve respect, they certainly have some large forwards. I believe if View can keep the ball in hand, their substancial fittness and speed will bring home a win on the hallowed Riverview turf today.

Oh, a special thank you mention to Mrallpushnopull2 for all his positive reinforment in all the comment section today :p

runningrugbyrules

Ward Prentice (10)

SoctsvsJoeys1960
Trying to see if that’s Ken Catchpole playing 9 for Scots, the greatest Wallaby of all time

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Trying to see if that’s Ken Catchpole playing 9 for Scots, the greatest Wallaby of all time

Ken was certainly one of the greats RRR, for sure. I would put Jim Lenehan from Nerrandera up there with him, you may notice a decendant of Jim's playing in the 2nd XV (backs) for View today. I am biased though as Jim and my Dad were mates at View, both in the same year.

Would be nice if they all three were in good health and around today.

Last edited:

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Match results:
Joeys 8th 53 Scots 7th 7
Joeys 16B 21 Scots 14
Joeys 15A 40 Scots 0
Joeys 15B 50 Redlands 0
Joeys 14F 49 High 5
Joeys 13C 26 Scots 10
Joeys 11ths 50 High 0
Joeys 13th 34 High 17
Joeys 15G 31 High 28
Joeys 14G 50 Shore 10
Joeys 13E 0 Scots 37
Joeys 13F 50 High 10

runningrugbyrules

Ward Prentice (10)
Ken was certainly one of the greats RRR, for sure. I would put Jim Lenehan from Nerrandera up there with him, you may notice a descendant of Jim's playing in the 2nd XV (backs) for View today. I am biased though as Jim and my Dad were mates at View, both in the same year.
Jim was a great player but Catchpole and Hawthorne were in a different league. My old man was a Wallaby and played with and against Jim. Every Wallaby from that era rated Catchpole the best by a long way.

Dad also has the advantage to judge as he played league with/against RL team of the century members Beetson, Langlands, Fulton, Kelly, Gasnier, Coote, Raper, etc and he still rated Catchpole the greatest in either code by a long way he’s played. He’s worked in NRL the past 40 years as a manager/director and he’s adamant Joey John’s is the only player to come close to Catchpole.

I’m dirty the greatest is a Scots boy is the greatest and not a Joeys boy myself