• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

bullocks

Ward Prentice (10)
Aagpsglory

Yes. No Fitler. He will need to improve his lateral defence and passing game. Good strong one on one defender and ball runner however after 2023 season, would not pick him for 1s. Maybe after 2024 season.
The Ghost of Raelene saying he was heavily marked. No other team especially rep teams will heavily mark him ?He will have to play better and find a way through. You are talking about his attacking game. I think he is ok in that. It's his defence that I have a question about.
It's an opinion and I wish him well for 2024 in a star Scots backline.

I also have a ? about 14. Gow is good but are there any other options. Tallis is good but needs to bulk up a bit. Can finish !

Excited to see Charlie Galligan play this year, brother of Tom Galligan who played 1sts for 2 years running, graduating this year, Charlie will most likely featuring in the Shore 1st Xv, he is outstanding especially in the lineouts specifically remembering the Joeys vs Shore game where he won almost every single lineout for the Shore boys, could be a good call for a GPS team even in year 11.
Collector.
I agree he had a few goes in the GPS 2's for u16's and the NSW schools u16's 2's. He has definitely shown his potential and he has some good size and speed to go with it. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play well in the 1XV this year for Shore.
-Scrum

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)

Newington updated u16 highlights.
A few stand out players by the look if it. Winger fullback and one of the flankers

BananaMan

Bob McCowan (2)
There are many ways of skinning a cat Marlins Merchant. As said, different methods of achieving the ultimate goal. I think View's "method"of building is to keep the team together and build team cohesion and confidence. We all know that opens is very differnet to 16's, however having a very talented 16's squad who have gone undefeated, then add a few very good returning opens players forms a very good opens squad with great depth. That's their way. Not everyoné's. I personally think it's good to keep those boys together then throw them to the wolves. Time will tell.
not sure about undefeated...I think Joeys beat the Riverview 16a's in round 9.

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
Keen to see them next year and what teams they will be selected in. Think that simmons and Grantham should be making 1st xv and Roberts not far away from them.
-footyhead
Yea same, Roberts is extremly fast and has a touch for the game. I was fortunate enough to head out to the NSW schools game on the friday night and saw his talent on a full display. If he isn't in the first team, Newo could be scary!
-Professor

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yea same, Roberts is extremly fast and has a touch for the game. I was fortunate enough to head out to the NSW schools game on the friday night and saw his talent on a full display. If he isn't in the first team, Newo could be scary!
-Professor
Certainly seems like there is potential but this occured last season as well. I’m not counting them out just more sceptical about their Opens program.

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
-Professor
Newington will have lots of depth next year (unlike any recent year) especially in the outside back. With people like Makasini, Mcewan, Warner, roberts, grantham, price that are all in contention for a spot in the 1xv either wing or fullback.
-Footyhead

anothernudge

Allen Oxlade (6)
Excited to see Charlie Galligan play this year, brother of Tom Galligan who played 1sts for 2 years running, graduating this year, Charlie will most likely featuring in the Shore 1st Xv, he is outstanding especially in the lineouts specifically remembering the Joeys vs Shore game where he won almost every single lineout for the Shore boys, could be a good call for a GPS team even in year 11.
Collector.
Agree he was outstanding against Joey's, kept them in the game.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well GPS Rugby probably just got its biggest TV audience with a 15-sec clip from 2017 being featured on the opening Thu night game in College Football on ESPN.
(From about 5.20 in the 2nd Quarter of the Utah v Florida game if anyone wants to watch)

Why? Well Scots 2017 grad (and NSW and Aus Barbarians player) Thomas Yassmin is now a Tight End for the Utah Utes in his Senior final year.

Utes are ranked 14th nationally having won the PAC-12 champs last two years, and playing the major Thu night opening fixture v SECs Florida Gators.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Well GPS Rugby probably just got its biggest TV audience with a 15-sec clip from 2017 being featured on the opening Thu night game in College Football on ESPN.
(From about 5.20 in the 2nd Quarter of the Utah v Florida game if anyone wants to watch)

Why? Well Scots 2017 grad (and NSW and Aus Barbarians player) Thomas Yassmin is now a Tight End for the Utah Utes in his Senior final year.

Utes are ranked 14th nationally having won the PAC-12 champs last two years, and playing the major Thu night opening fixture v SECs Florida Gators.
Thomas is a lovely young man. I taught and coached his two older brothers. Parents are very supportive.

anothernudge

Allen Oxlade (6)

Very cool Ill have to give it a look.

Late but here is the updated Premiership table.

View attachment 17395
View attachment 17399
Riverview Won in 2021 as well (Even though the season was cancelled its still a win as they went undefeated after versing everyone once).
Also remove sydney grammar, Sydney Boys High, And the Armidale school as none of them compete in the 1st or 2nd XV premiership anymore. Also Riverview should be above Scots and Newigton as they have more 2nd and 3rd prems and the same number of 1st prems.