• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Sounds like you’re trying justify behaviour that shouldn’t be acceptable. A school with a focus on character and being a better man would make a hard call in this situation and see it for what it is - a red card and an apology to the player he swung his arm at.
That's not what I see, so in what world am I justifying an action that I believe did not occur?

Being upset about something you believe does not make you right.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
CAS Rugby I would go back to your own thread and talk amongst yourselves about how your schools can compete with the GPS schools.
Making false allegations like that is cheap and not what this thread is about.

UpnUnder

Chris McKivat (8)
Take it from someone who feel into this trap . Delete these videos please. These can fan flames and we all end up in the sinbin

moderators are watching.
Genuinely cannot see an issue here, it’s right under the refs nose and it looked more like a player off balance falling forward with his arm extended. For the avoidance of doubt, I’m neutral.

Newington played incredibly well, took advantage of errors & penalties and cornered Scots in at times, leading to quick tries in succession. Scots looked very shocked and were playing very unconnected. They looked as if they weren't putting full effort in, which is something that I hope doesn't spill into the GPS season.

With Leo Jaques being rested (returning soon), new positions being tried out and the return of other players, I'm sure Scots are not to be written off yet. (let's hope so)

Also, I do think Newington are not as good as they have been made out to be, Scots just played terribly and I'm sure if they played like that against any other team it would be considerably higher.

Count me in for the tipping comp @Joker if that's how you do it around here.

ruckandcoke123

Stan Wickham (3)
@propsarespeedy needs to get the boot. Blasphemous comments after blasphemous comments. Like the message if you would agree to give the man what he deserves. #justiceforgreenandgold #upjoeys #joeysfortheprem......and lets be honest.... props are in fact NOT speedy.
Im back, Props has been terrorizing this forum for years now and the keeps edging between the line of blaspehmy and real "footy yarn" 100% agree he needs the boot or some sort of consequence.
Ruck & Coke

Footy head

Chris McKivat (8)
Newington played incredibly well, took advantage of errors & penalties and cornered Scots in at times, leading to quick tries in succession. Scots looked very shocked and were playing very unconnected. They looked as if they weren't putting full effort in, which is something that I hope doesn't spill into the GPS season.

With Leo Jaques being rested (returning soon), new positions being tried out and the return of other players, I'm sure Scots are not to be written off yet. (let's hope so)

Also, I do think Newington are not as good as they have been made out to be, Scots just played terribly and I'm sure if they played like that against any other team it would be considerably higher.

Count me in for the tipping comp @Joker if that's how you do it around here.
Sorry mate, but this is just absolutely wrong. Newington played an almost perfect game from start to finish, they put Scots under pressure the whole game and if you actually watched the game you would have seen how good the Newington side is this year.
Another note, Toby Brial played the whole game, he was not being rested.

-Footyhead

UpnUnder

Chris McKivat (8)
Sorry mate, but this is just absolutely wrong. Newington played an almost perfect game from start to finish, they put Scots under pressure the whole game and if you actually watched the game you would have seen how good the Newington side is this year.
Another note, Toby Brial played the whole game, he was not being rested.

-Footyhead
Well this is fascinating. I said a month or so back that this will be a very tightly contested competition. I don’t think there is a front runner. It sounds like any team that has an off day could be knocked off. Were Scots foxing? Would they do that?

George Anderson

Frank Row (1)
Well this is fascinating. I said a month or so back that this will be a very tightly contested competition. I don’t think there is a front runner. It sounds like any team that has an off day could be knocked off. Were Scots foxing? Would they do that?
I believe Scots put forward the best team they could field at that time. Leo the 15 was out with an injury however the stars like Fitler, and Brial all played. Newington seems to have just been better on the day. Interesting to see if they can uphold this moving forward