• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
Informed said:

The agendas on this site are certainly interesting..

How can any of us make a sweeping statement about agendas and then make a strong case in support of one player and not consider the hypocrisy ?

The weekly match reviews (which are written by home supporters) and general reviews of all TKS games by those not affiliated with TKS have consistently highlighted Osborne form this year. Same cannot be said for Simmonson but take into account the issues he has faced. All reviews of last Saturdays game had Osborne standing behind a pack that was well outplayed, well out muscled. Yet Osborne managed 2 clean breaks, outpaced some pretty handy SIC backs over 60 metres, then a pick and go from about 25 metres out, to score untouched - all in a top of the table clash !! No way the selectors should weigh that up because the "Doggies"
have identified their man !

Beginning of the year on this thread I supported Simmonson as well entitled to be rated as the best #15 heading into the competition. I'm not suggesting you are saying this but inference seems to be that those that rate Osborne, based on what we have seen on the field this season, are really "no nothings" because we should place greater relevance that league scouts have him identified, mind you based on his performance playing across codes and outside the GPS forum ?

I would suggest most readers here who have seen them play would at the very least think their abilities are comparable.

I believe the correct response should have been we agree to disagree. However, check your facts, Simmonsson two MOM from three games... After round 1. Not sure how much game time he played in the last round before injured. So yes perhaps comparable with Osbourne who personally I think should be on the wing in GPS 1. You are wide of the mark with your reference to the doggies...different game and not the professional coaches I was talking about. Really those comments were a bit pathetic. I was not suggesting for one minute what you inferred. I encourage you to continue to post your opinions but no need to be childish. No hidden agenda from me. I quite clearly think they are both good players but one is a standout and I am therefore biased. I make no secrete about that.
Incidently, I think Sheldon and Rixon are both classy and I can tell you they are very well thought of by senior coaches who do track a lot of video. Although it is a nice reward for boys to make these teams and even Aussie schools, It won't impact on their senior rugby progression.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
The NB pitch is always something to avoid when heavy falls of rain are about, i imagine only the forwards will be stepping foot in it and the backs steering well clear!

Couldn't agree more. Will never forget Riv 2014 fixture at NB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boxhead

Bob McCowan (2)
I know Rixon is coming back from a large injury but, he has shown the ball skills to play at 10 being NSW U16 Half. He then has displayed his play vision through his position at fullback. It will be interesting to see how he goes against Osborne this weekend. This could be a battle for GPS XV? thoughts?

I don't think Rixon was ever in the NSW 16s??? Bailey Simmonson may have been named player of the tournament at 12 that year but I dont think he has had a 10 on his back in the rep scene
NSW 16s 2014.jpg

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^^^
Good job on the Pre's, Rich. Well done.

With Noah and his Ark due in town tomorrow, I hope the boys remember to screw in their long tags. ;)

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
For those headed to Bellevue Hill, according to the Scots WetWeather line just updated, today, the first match on the Main Oval will be the 16A's @ 12noon. Then 4ths @ 1pm, 2's @ 2pm, and the 1sts @ 3:15pm. No 3's. Scots 3's have their Bye Round this weekend. WetWeather Wendy out.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lot of games being cancelled ... But not at hunters hill. 13gs kicks off in 15 minutes. Hope everyone has a snorkel ... And the opposition (waverley?) has turned up

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Latest update just out from Scots is that only the 1's and 2's are to be played on the Main Oval today, and that unless there's a "safety issue", in which case the games will be replayed. Anyone needing a 'fix' before 2pm will need to head to Hunters Hill or Northbridge.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Couldn't agree more. Will never forget Riv 2014 fixture at NB

That was a tremendous game. View had a try disallowed in the 1st half when McGregor put through a well placed grubber and Hutchison flashed through only to be ruled offside. Many there, including Shore supporters, thought Hutch was onside - the reality is that he was so quick the man with the whistle assumed that he must've been offside!

View played some dumb footy in the 1st stanza though, unnecessarily playing too often in the muddy cricket pitch area with a good breeze at their backs.

Shore hung tough all day, Woodhill in particular was immense. Emery coolly slotted the match winning penalty kick from a fair distance on the stroke of full time.

Could we see a similar pattern emerge with Shore claiming victory at NB today?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
View played some dumb footy in the 1st stanza though, unnecessarily playing too often in the muddy cricket pitch area with a good breeze at their backs.

My abiding memory and made me wonder whether McGregor was/is as good as everyone thinks/thought.
We might find out in 2017 club rugby.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
My abiding memory and made me wonder whether McGregor was/is as good as everyone thinks/thought.
We might find out in 2017 club rugby.

Seen Jack Mc turn in some neutral performances in the wet. He can take control of a match though. He wasn't awarded the 2015 RUPA medal as the best player in the final of the Australian Schools Rugby Union Champs on reputation alone. Looking forward to seeing him back in action in '17.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Seen Jack Mc turn in some neutral performances in the wet. He can take control of a match though. He wasn't awarded the 2015 RUPA medal as the best player in the final of the Australian Schools Rugby Union Champs on reputation alone. Looking forward to seeing him back in action in '17.

Can't be bad if you get signed to the Rebels either...

Status
Not open for further replies.