• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
At your peril CatchnPass! Just think about cold pies, unwashed jerseys and socks, and a packet of Shapes instead of the usual lavish CWA inspired afternoon teas. I am feeling marginalised and may need to set up a support group.

Rugby mothers are part of the solution not the problem.

C&P I warned you that you were pushing the envelope with your abstract thinking.

Now look what you've done! She's all fired up and threatening revenge in the shape of a pumpkin scone embargo.

Kings have a game at Joeys in 9 days and I don't want to be greeted by a tribe of RM's in fur lined crocs carrying trays of dry dog eared vegemite fingers on a bed of wilted lettuce!

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
C&P I warned you that you were pushing the envelope with your abstract thinking.

Now look what you've done! She's all fired up and threatening revenge in the shape of a pumpkin scone embargo.

Kings have a game at Joeys in 9 days and I don't want to be greeted by a tribe of RM's in fur lined crocs carrying trays of dry dog eared vegimite fingers on a bed of wilted lettuce!

1. Fur lined crocs? - Fashion faux pas perhaps only seen in the Hills district.
  2. Vegemite fingers? Think more beef jerky and hold the presentation tray.
  3. The embargo will be felt far and wide channelling the late great Flo B-P
  4. Be afraid in 9 days when you vainly attempt to breach the perimeter of fortress Joeys. You may need to reinstate the armour used last season.:rolleyes:
Anyway, enough of this identity politics, back to the footy!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
At your peril CatchnPass! Just think about cold pies, unwashed jerseys and socks, and a packet of Shapes instead of the usual lavish CWA inspired afternoon teas. I am feeling marginalised and may need to set up a support group.

Rugby mothers are part of the solution not the problem.
Humble apologies RM2 - I was experiencing a rare delusional episode of imagined male competence and momentarily forgot the joys visited upon both players and dads by the bearers of pumpkin scones and the wearers of knee high leather. Consider me appropriately chastened.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Could me a "Murder" of Rugby Mums

wow...now that's what I call courageous (read crazy)

@NIS i cant believe you used the collective noun for Crows to describe a group of RM's...;)

I would have thought a:

• Cete
  • Leash
  • cackle or
  • Ostentation

would have been a better fit...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A Chic of Rugby Mums seems to fit.

Fur Lined Crocs are very de-rigour in both Shires, Hills and Southerland.
Worn with Lorna Jane Active Wear by the Hobbits from the Shire, and standard Tracky Dacks by the folk from the Hills.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
A Chic of Rugby Mums seems to fit.

Fur Lined Crocs are very de-rigour in both Shires, Hills and Southerland.
Worn with Lorna Jane Active Wear by the Hobbits from the Shire, and standard Tracky Dacks by the folk from the Hills.
and they come in the correct shade of cerise....just for Joeys supporters...

pink crocs.jpg

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
wow.now that's what I call courageous (read crazy)

@NIS i cant believe you used the collective noun for Crows to describe a group of RM's.;)

I would have thought a:

• Cete
  • Leash
  • cackle or
  • Ostentation
would have been a better fit.

Point taken; how about a "Puffer" of RM's

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
wow.now that's what I call courageous (read crazy)

@NIS i cant believe you used the collective noun for Crows to describe a group of RM's.;)

I would have thought a:

• Cete
  • Leash
  • cackle or
  • Ostentation
would have been a better fit.

A "Murder" would have its place.

Quote heard once " Don't tell me you are fuc*ing Green and Gold again"

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Personally, I have never understood how AFL is given a clean bill by mothers: the potential for injuries is horrendous. You are fair game from any one of 360 degrees, there is shepherding off the ball, there is leaping in the air with not apparent control on contact etc etc.
Many may not have noticed that a poor bloke in WA was rendered a quadriplegic playing aerial ping pong last weekend: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...e/news-story/40f783d65b63d1307df4326c0cbbf0ff

And just searching "WAFL quadriplegic" got many many hits.

Somehow the game manages to escape any harm to its image from the prevalence of serious injuries.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Personally, I have never understood how AFL is given a clean bill by mothers: the potential for injuries is horrendous. You are fair game from any one of 360 degrees, there is shepherding off the ball, there is leaping in the air with not apparent control on contact etc etc.
Many may not have noticed that a poor bloke in WA was rendered a quadriplegic playing aerial ping pong last weekend: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...e/news-story/40f783d65b63d1307df4326c0cbbf0ff

And just searching "WAFL quadriplegic" got many many hits.

Somehow the game manages to escape any harm to its image from the prevalence of serious injuries.
Agree IS, same for soccer re serious leg/knee and broken finger nail injuries.Not to mention the placid supporters around the world! That's aspirational!
So IMO many mums,and some dads, seem to think a game with tackling is the most dangerous. Here is where the ARU and associated bodies need to understand theses perceptions, as perceptions ARE reality, and develop a marketing message/plan, clearly along with other strong iniatives for grass roots support. I did read the blog on "decline" as suggested.
As is often the case,things start,or don't start, at the top.
So unless the ARU develops the right plan,then the game needs a new top!

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Agree IS, same for soccer re serious leg/knee and broken finger nail injuries.Not to mention the placid supporters around the world! That's aspirational!
So IMO many mums,and some dads, seem to think a game with tackling is the most dangerous. Here is where the ARU and associated bodies need to understand theses perceptions, as perceptions ARE reality, and develop a marketing message/plan, clearly along with other strong iniatives for grass roots support. I did read the blog on "decline" as suggested.
As is often the case,things start,or don't start, at the top.
So unless the ARU develops the right plan,then the game needs a new top!
P.S. Can anyone please let me know how the Joeys and Kings 13a teams have gone so far this year in the GPS comp, many thanks in advance!

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

Clearly the growth sports are Soccer and AFL. These are perceived to be safer and less likelihood of serious injury. Rugby administrators need to address this at junior level and make Rugby the contact sport of choice.

Weight grading is a very positive start, but more could be done.

Its not only the rise of soccer and AFL for all reasons you suggested, but the decline in the willingness of the Teaching Profession, who no longer have a sporting interest. Rather, they see teaching as a 9.00 am-3.00 pm effort and nothing more.

Even, the private schools now select,only what they consider to be the best practising teacher. Which is a very subjective term considering the factors that create a good teacher. Further, the appointment of teachers to schools is a highly political exercise, that has little to do with professional ability.

Rather, they should be selecting a teacher who is a combination of a brilliant academic that knows their subject, a team player amongst his staff with excellent interpersonal skills and a sports enthusiasts. This combination is rarely chosen.

But most of all there is a real failure among too many of our educational practitioners, that scholarship and sportsmanship can coexist.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The AFL media are more publicists for the code than journalists. There's more chance of Chinese state media criticising Chinese foreign policy than there is the AFL media publishing anything harmful to the image of the game.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The AFL media are more publicists for the code than journalists. There's more chance of Chinese state media criticising Chinese foreign policy than there is the AFL media publishing anything harmful to the image of the game.

Lets not forget that AFL own and manage their media, unlike other codes. "AFL Inc" is a wonder to behold and a lesson to other codes of what should have been done.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.