• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2023

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
oh I never thought about looking at YouTube.

I do know with Stan that they showcase super rugby W just haven’t seen the QPR games there.
oh ok. I know last year they streamed every womens game on the reds youtube but not sure if they are doing it this year.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
both these kids at Bond (Smith & Wildman) are only in year 11 and dont turn 17 until the end of the year. Wildman is the classic case of a kid missing rep selection last year in the Reds 16's purely because he doesnt attend a GPS school. Any kid that can play minutes in 1st grade colts as a 16 year old is certainly good enough to be playing Reds 16's
Your statement above saying “… purely because he doesn’t attend a GPS school” is wrong as Lochie Smith was selected in the Qld U16’s last year and wasn’t at a GPS school …. maybe, just maybe Wildman wasn’t good enough last year?!?!?! Was Wildman selected in the South Qld U16’s squad that played in the Emerging Reds Cup (ERC) which the Qld U16’s were selected from??? Bagging the GPS is getting boring but maybe you just need to get your facts right first before making silly comments! #JustSayin

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Your statement above saying “… purely because he doesn’t attend a GPS school” is wrong as Lochie Smith was selected in the Qld U16’s last year and wasn’t at a GPS school …. maybe, just maybe Wildman wasn’t good enough last year?!?!?! Was Wildman selected in the South Qld U16’s squad that played in the Emerging Reds Cup (ERC) which the Qld U16’s were selected from??? Bagging the GPS is getting boring but maybe you just need to get your facts right first before making silly comments! #JustSayin
I stand corrected …. both Smith and Wildman were selected in the Qld Country U16’s squad last year that played in the ERC … with Smith getting selected for the Reds U16’s from those ensuing games. Obviously the selectors had differing opinions last year with Wildman and maybe he’s improved his game since?? Good luck to the kid for having a crack and yes, selectors do get it wrong at times!!

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
I stand corrected …. both Smith and Wildman were selected in the Qld Country U16’s squad last year that played in the ERC … with Smith getting selected for the Reds U16’s from those ensuing games. Obviously the selectors had differing opinions last year with Wildman and maybe he’s improved his game since?? Good luck to the kid for having a crack and yes, selectors do get it wrong at times!!
The whole Qld u16 selection was a JOKE last year. If you were in a Blue & White jersey it appeared that you were half way into the door. I know of at least 1 x incredibly talented kid in year 10 who was playing regular 1stXV (both starting and minutes off the bench) and didnt even get an invite to the trials.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Im not trying to GPS bash, the point i am making is that you dont significantly improve in 3 or 4 months. I am merely saying that Wildman was over looked for kids who are in this mythical GPS competition. Good kids are missing out due to the fact of the school they go to.

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Im not trying to GPS bash, the point i am making is that you dont significantly improve in 3 or 4 months. I am merely saying that Wildman was over looked for kids who are in this mythical GPS competition. Good kids are missing out due to the fact of the school they go to.
Sounds like GPS bashing to me ..... remember, opinions are like a%sholes, everybody has one!!

If you're still getting upset about last years Qld U16 selection's, which it sounds like you are, then time to move on and spend your energy elsewhere.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The whole Qld u16 selection was a JOKE last year. If you were in a Blue & White jersey it appeared that you were half way into the door. I know of at least 1 x incredibly talented kid in year 10 who was playing regular 1stXV (both starting and minutes off the bench) and didnt even get an invite to the trials.
Under age selections especially in the Under 16 age group have been a joke for decades. My own experience goes back to 1997, when the Metropolitan East Under 16's won the State Championships held in Toowoomba. Not one single player from the victorious State Under 16 team was selected in the Queensland Under 16 representative team. A couple of players from the Metro East State Champions team went on, later in their careers, to player Super Rugby for the Reds but not through the State Under 16's.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
North go down to Uni 19-12 but the game has been reported in the Courier Mail as being cut 10mins short and Norths had the upper hand - how the hell does this happen? The refs obviously made a huge blue but surely managers and coaches would have been quick to pull him up.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
North go down to Uni 19-12 but the game has been reported in the Courier Mail as being cut 10mins short and Norths had the upper hand - how the hell does this happen? The refs obviously made a huge blue but surely managers and coaches would have been quick to pull him up.
Ref thought the halves were 30 minutes instead of 35 I believe.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Was it a Qld ref doing the colts game? I noticed a few of the out of Towner referee uniforms doing flag in premier grade.

I believe the Norths vs UQ prems match had a Sydney referee.

The reason I am asking about the referee in colts game - maybe it was a genuine mistake by someone who doesn’t know the qld rugby rule book.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Was it a Qld ref doing the colts game? I noticed a few of the out of Towner referee uniforms doing flag in premier grade.

I believe the Norths vs UQ prems match had a Sydney referee.

The reason I am asking about the referee in colts game - maybe it was a genuine mistake by someone who doesn’t know the qld rugby rule book.
One wonders why a sydney ref? Wouldn’t the overseeing people make fire they know our local rules including time - I can only come back to inept on multiple levels

Serge Blanco

Allen Oxlade (6)
Amateur hour
I was there at Norths and couldn't believe what I was seeing... the Premier U20 Rugby comp in Qld and that happens... I also can't believe they don't have real touch judges for Colts 1... have seen some appalling home team decisions where people have been clearly in touch leading to tries in recent years.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
I was there at Norths and couldn't believe what I was seeing... the Premier U20 Rugby comp in Qld and that happens... I also can't believe they don't have real touch judges for Colts 1... have seen some appalling home team decisions where people have been clearly in touch leading to tries in recent years.
Not having official touchies has been going on for years in all grades except prems. Pretty normal stuff really. Its just 1 person from each team run the sideline. If there is bias then nothing can be done about it lol.

i remember one year there was a clear player run out but the touchie didn't put the flag up cos it was his team and they ended up scoring off the same play. The crowd jeered and the touchie just turned round smiled and winked haha.

JRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
It's a numbers thing. The associations don't have enough cattle to supply ARs for games other than 1stXV and 1st Grade.

Simple solution to this however...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sunnybank Colts 2 have already forfeited todays game. Not a good sign for the club unfortunately

Rusted

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sunnybank Colts 2 have already forfeited todays game. Not a good sign for the club unfortunately
I heard a number of players struck down with the flu which is why they couldn't field a team. However agree that it's a shame when a premier club still can't field a Colts 2 team.