• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
It would be difficult for Nudgee to get prepared for a trial game months out from their season start in 3rd term, seem to have got the job done convincingly.
I wouldn’t say convincingly. Both games were nil-all at halftime. But yes, I do agree, Nudgee would be a different beast in Term 3.

Hello Green and Gold,
Isn’t it a lovely winter day, I’m so excited for the GPS season! I have been lurking in this forum for a while, and thought it was time I broke the ice so to speak.The thought of the Nudgee crowds singing at the top of their lungs is undoubtedly exciting me already. I believe this year they will live out their chant, ‘We’ll be the victors of GPS, and noone can stop us cause we are the best.’ The word on the street is that the number 10 for Nudgee is looking amazing - almost a reincarnation of Quade Cooper. Charlie ‘O’Conell is nothing short of brilliant. I have never, in my many years of GPS viewing, seen a player who can grab a game by the throat and turn momentum around. His short size shouldn’t deceive you, as his stepping and ability to read the game is immaculate. After watching his performance at the Ballymore Cup and against Marist my views on him were only further reinforced. Nudgee is a breeding ground for elite players — Rob ‘Razer’ Toia and Charlie ‘Chuck’ O’Connell are testaments to that. I would definitely encourage you all to keep an eye out on this young player. His talent and skill in only year 11 is freakish. Must I add, his maths teacher is rumoured to be his mentor both on and off the pitch — passing on his wisdom from teacher and coach to player. I believe this sort of mentorship on and off field is what makes him such a dangerous player; mentorship resulting in high morale and ensuring his mental well-being is perfect. Anyways enjoy your nights. #letstrot #gothebronx #ncontop

Last edited:

Putmeoncoach

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC played Sunshine Coast Grammar today.
During the 1st half BBC made multiple line breaks. However, Grammar showed good scramble defence. BBC lead 10-0 at the break. Grammar stopped the bleeding in the 2nd half and scored in the last minute to win 15-10. Can’t comment on the BBC team list.

JRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC played Sunshine Coast Grammar today.
During the 1st half BBC made multiple line breaks. However, Grammar showed good scramble defence. BBC lead 10-0 at the break. Grammar stopped the bleeding in the 2nd half and scored in the last minute to win 15-10. Can’t comment on the BBC team list.
Great game. That was definitely Grammars strongest team bar injuries. By the looks of things BBC started with what would close to a run on 1s, and brought on several 2s to close out the game. Be good to see SCGS get the Downlands treatment and get more regular GPS fixtures. Saturday (and Ballymore Cup fixtures vs Nudgee) clearly showed they could handle that level.

Footy Frederick

Frank Row (1)
Ladder Prediction:
1: GT
2: TGS
3: Churchie
4: BBC
5: TSS
6: NC
7: State High
8: IGS
9: BGS
hmmmm, interesting.

As I continue to study film here in my Clemson office for some new young talent, my knowledge on the general giants of the gps becomes quite clear.

Based off 2020(Can we really count that goofy year though?) to 2022, I think this ladder prediction might be quite fitting.

Many people would enrage at the sight of 6th place Nudgee, but anyone knows it most definitely could happen seeing the grueling standards of this years competition.

Churchie and GT will definitely be contendors, but something about Toowoomba's line up this year puts their foot in the door for premiership glory.

IGS, State High, and BGS will continue to dwell in their attempts to not get the wooden spoon.

Consider yourself informed,
Footy Frederick

hituplover

Bob McCowan (2)
Word has it Southport has a new centre in the form of a fellow called Billy Tonkin who has been tearing it up in the Mal Meniga cup for Burleigh u18’s. It is unclear whether he will be playing inside or outside but be sure to listen for the back fence calls when he inevitably makes a line break in the shark tank. He looks to be playing a Jye Gray esq role where Southport will throw him the ball when they are in trouble. He does look to be quite a different player, however, a hard-hitting centre that is happy to work for days

Yamumsballs

Banned
Emil Willie-Jawai is about to start his final year, and he can't wait to lead the First XV to another premiership. He has spent the last few months training hard and getting into the best shape of his life, and he's ready to show what he's made of on the field.
Emil is known throughout the school for his impressive rugby skills. He's fast, strong, and has a natural talent for the game. Everyone on the team looks up to him, and he's determined to lead them to victory in the upcoming season.
But fate has other plans.
Last week, during a team bonding session, Emil decided to show off his acrobatic skills by attempting a backflip. His teammates cheer him on as he takes a running start and leaps into the air. But as he lands, he feels a sharp pain in his ankle.
Emil tried to shake it off, but the pain was too much. He knows he's injured, and he's devastated. Yesterday the doctor confirmed his worst fears - he has an A-Class tear in his ankle and will be out for the majority of the season.
Emil is heartbroken. He can't believe that something as silly as a backflip has cost him his chance to play in the opening games of the season. But he knows he can't give up. He's determined to work hard and get back on the field as soon as possible.
He spends the next few weeks rehabilitating his ankle, working with the team physiotherapist and attending every training session to keep up his fitness. He will watch from the sidelines as his team plays their first few games, cheering them on and offering support

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Who on earth is Finn Mackay, mate? Starting to think you're stirring the pot.

Not stirring at all. He moved up from VIC this year, but is a former QLD juniors rep. Plated for the Rebels U16 side in the 10 jerseys. I was told he's moved to GT.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Not stirring at all. He moved up from VIC this year, but is a former QLD juniors rep. Plated for the Rebels U16 side in the 10 jerseys. I was told he's moved to GT.
Could well have, Nick Styles is a GTOB. Should be easy enough to find out, I’ll get back to you.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Could well have, Nick Styles is a GTOB. Should be easy enough to find out, I’ll get back to you.

Appreciate that, thanks.

FWIW, he played in my club team - damm good 10 with a booming kick. Also played for Brighton Grammar - runners-up in the VSRU 1st XV.