• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Light this is legitimate, I have seen this kid play and he looks to be the real deal. Elusively quick, solid in defence and an excellent kicker. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take his talents to the wing for the firsts

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If that is legitimate then Terrace should be ashamed of themselves.

If my memory serves me correctly(often doesn't) the boys in black and red were the initial instigators of the huge scholarship debate a few years back. They criticised Churchie for bringing kids in halfway through the school year for rugby purposes and yet here Terrace is doing the same after claiming to have nothing to do with the sporting scholarships. For a school which prides itself on breeding its own talents this is a serious backwards step and will only serve as a reminder to other GPS schools that to be competitive all morals must be forgotten. I wonder if the Terrace old boys who run the Courier-Mail will write anything about this...I somehow doubt it.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I take back my comment until it can be confirmed by a reliable poster. As for Nudgee, how long is Tuttle out for? If he's not right by round 2 you would have to think Churchie will run rings around NC. Nudgee didn't show enough to suggest they could cope without him, particularly with how quickly their forwards tired at Suncorp.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
If that is legitimate then Terrace should be ashamed of themselves.

If my memory serves me correctly(often doesn't) the boys in black and red were the initial instigators of the huge scholarship debate a few years back. They criticised Churchie for bringing kids in halfway through the school year for rugby purposes and yet here Terrace is doing the same after claiming to have nothing to do with the sporting scholarships. For a school which prides itself on breeding its own talents this is a serious backwards step and will only serve as a reminder to other GPS schools that to be competitive all morals must be forgotten. I wonder if the Terrace old boys who run the Courier-Mail will write anything about this...I somehow doubt it.
He's been at the school since Year 5, not on scholarship. He's just a late bloomer.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
In fact my sources tell me he was only not selected earlier on because of some attitude and problems with school marks, now he's picked that back up he'll be right back in the swing of things.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
yes the names have been announced but i do not remember most of them i do know that the fly halfs are 1. Darcy Easton 2. James Dalgleish 3. Mitch Thirdd

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well I guess that solves the issue of where Greene will play. Surprised Eason got it over Dalgleish but then again he did represent GPS II and CSS last year.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
These are the 9 from Toowoomba Grammar School. (That sort of elevated number should make them favourites for the title this year .....)
GPS 1: Philip Potgieter; Adam Deck
GPS 2: Blaise Hartley
GPS 3: Alec Stevens; Stuart Bougoure; Anton Minenko
GPS 3 Bench: Patrick Ivey; Markus Vanzati; Alistair Stewart
GPS Coaches: Jason Gilmore (GPS 1); Jono Farrell (GPS 2)

Can't help with any other schools.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can't seem to find the teams anywhere, I imagine they will be posted tonight. Shocked to see Bougoure down in GPS 3, the backrow for GPS 1 must be awesome. I'll put a wager on it being Fitzgerald, Gunn and Oppenheimer.

Tubba

Stan Wickham (3)
Starting 1st XV team vs Downlands

1. Nick Anderson
2. Alistar Harpar
3. Liam Toppenburg
4. Dalton Cox
5. Ben Muller
6. Tom Spencer
7. Liam Toppenhair
8. Unsure
9. Jack Wikman
10. Sam Red
11. Zach Laud
12. Hugo Krimmer
13. Bryce Parker
14. Trey Kemp
15. Tom Branch

E

Evan Jasiwicz

BBC
1.Jake Sutton
2.Jackson French
3.Alex Apelle
4.James Thomson
5.Texas McLovin
6.Hugo Ravensburg
7.Jay Ovenbeck
8.Lachlen Mcshaw
9.Michael Dyring
10.Mark Davids
11.Julian Oost
12.Steven Bailey
13.Yin Xing
14. Nicholas Mcbryde
15.Tim Ackley

F

footybrah

Starting 1st XV team vs Downlands

1. Nick Anderson
2. Alistar Harpar
3. Liam Toppenburg
4. Dalton Cox
5. Ben Muller
6. Tom Spencer
7. Liam Toppenhair
8. Unsure
9. Jack Wikman
10. Sam Red
11. Zach Laud
12. Hugo Krimmer
13. Bryce Parker
14. Trey Kemp
15. Tom Branch

Bryce Parker could bring this one home for the Grammar boys, he has some amazing talent that I don't believe can be found anywhere else. He is a true athlete. And with Tom Branch at full back, there is no chance for a break away try, even when there's a 1 v 2. He is a quality defender.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Bryce Parker could bring this one home for the Grammar boys, he has some amazing talent that I don't believe can be found anywhere else. He is a true athlete. And with Tom Branch at full back, there is no chance for a break away try, even when there's a 1 v 2. He is a quality defender.
Is Mort Duff injured or something? Without him as tighthead I am doubtful about the Grammar forward pack

Status
Not open for further replies.