• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
Round1

1st XV: TSS 33 d GT 12; NC 26 d BGS 18; BSHS 35 d ACGS 31; BBC 32 d TGS 14

16A: TSS 41 d GT 5; BGS 20 d NC 9; ACGS 31 d BSHS 7; TGS 26 d BBC 7

15A: GT 22 d TSS 12; NC 34 d BGS 0; ACGS 17 d BSHS 5; BBC 22 d TGS 20

14A: GT 35 d TSS 12; NC 40 d BGS 7; BSHS 14 d ACGS 3; BBC 25 d TGS 0

13A: GT 19 d TSS 12; NC 71 d BGS 0; ACGS 12 d BSHS 10; BBC 17 d TGS 7

willreason

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Addi Isaac
2. Jayden Whiting
3. Enoka Kalapu
4. Tuaina Tualima
5. Alastair Berking
6. Matt f'sautia
7. Liki Naupoto
8. Ben Petaia
9. Isaac Douglas
10. Jake Strachan
11. Serge Panochini
12. Jim Henjak
13. Antonio Asiata
14. Tyrone Southorn
15. Liam Mcnamara

Missing a few key players i think?
No. 7, Josh Woods, 12 Antoine, but I think they will be silly to move Henjak from the 12 position as he put in an absolute blinder there against Churchies..

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Round 2:
NC by 10
BGS by 8
ACGS by 5
TSS by +15

Apparently Quick will play but Wilkins and Swain are doubtful.Before I consider whether to take the 10 points on offer to BBC-can someone give an (honest) update on whether NC have any injuries.
if Wilkins is out bets are off.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Round1

1st XV: TSS 33 d GT 12; NC 26 d BGS 18; BSHS 35 d ACGS 31; BBC 32 d TGS 14

16A: TSS 41 d GT 5; BGS 20 d NC 9; ACGS 31 d BSHS 7; TGS 26 d BBC 7

15A: GT 22 d TSS 12; NC 34 d BGS 0; ACGS 17 d BSHS 5; BBC 22 d TGS 20

14A: GT 35 d TSS 12; NC 40 d BGS 7; BSHS 14 d ACGS 3; BBC 25 d TGS 0

13A: GT 19 d TSS 12; NC 71 d BGS 0; ACGS 12 d BSHS 10; BBC 17 d TGS 7

Interesting how for year after year TSS are weak or average in under 13 to 15(refer last week) but those same players(sic) become very strong in under 16 to open.
Good luck to them great program-especially their S&C..

sniper22

Bob McCowan (2)
No. 7, Josh Woods, 12 Antoine, but I think they will be silly to move Henjak from the 12 position as he put in an absolute blinder there against Churchies..

I definitely agree with you about Jim Henjak playing 12, but I'm sure Antoine Iosefo plays 13, correct if I'm wrong?

Phoenix

Stan Wickham (3)
The first fifteen game between Churchie and State High on the weekend, was very low quality, I would have to say the terrace and bshs of 2012 would of managed to put forty on both teams.

Lets compare the quality in State High players over the last two years highlighted in bold are the better players in each position, no explanations are really needed, the players highlighted are regarded as far better by almost everybody. Also, the highlighting is done on who clearly is a better player judged on position.
Best Starting XV (2013) vs Best Starting XV (2012)
1. Addi Isaac 1. Dylan Matthews
2. Jayden Whiting 2. Dallas Brown
3. Enoka Kalapu 3. Patrick Thollar (should be benroy sala)
4. Tuaina Tualima 4. Joseph Kendall
5. Alastair Berking 5. Lindsay Ward (C) (season injury)
6. Matt f'sautia 6. Adam Korczyk
7. Josh Wood 7. Patrick Fortescue
8. Ben Petaia 8. Vai Fitisemanu
9. Isaac Douglas 9. Mikey Siaki
10. Jake Strachan 10. Jack Martin
11. Serge Panochini 11. Ollie Cooper
12. Jim Henjak 12. Liam Dunne (most underrated player)
13. Antonio Asiata 13. Josh L'hota
14. Tyrone Southorn 14. Logan Tibbetts
15. Antoine Iosefo 15. Joseph Agresta
From an honest perspective if BSHS fielded that side in 2012, with the likes of Benroy Sala, they probably would have been in the top three schools, in saying that you can see a far difference in the quality of players this year compared to last, yet different results. If you put those players together, they become so much better then mixed with other players.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
The first fifteen game between Churchie and State High on the weekend, was very low quality, I would have to say the terrace and bshs of 2012 would of managed to put forty on both teams.

Lets compare the quality in State High players over the last two years highlighted in bold are the better players in each position, no explanations are really needed, the players highlighted are regarded as far better by almost everybody. Also, the highlighting is done on who clearly is a better player judged on position.
From an honest perspective if BSHS fielded that side in 2012, with the likes of Benroy Sala, they probably would have been in the top three schools, in saying that you can see a far difference in the quality of players this year compared to last, yet different results. If you put those players together, they become so much better then mixed with other players.
Antoine is in the team again this year

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
No they wouldn't have.
Knockers, completely agree. This is an obvious troll effort by Phoenix. Give me a game any day that is decided by a last minute try after a 14 point head start by the other side. I hope there are more this season as they are fun to play and watch, maybe not to coach! Who wants a 40-0 drubbing and who wants a grinding penalty goal fest? Sure there would be Churchie fans upset but NC dropped game 1 of the 2011 season and won the rest so all is not over for Churchie if they review well and sort out their inconsistent application. Phoenix, Churchie beat BSHS and GT last year so I'm unsure how you come up with this BSHS side putting 40 on the Churchie of 2012. Taking nothing away from the winning side on the weekend, they were assisted by a massively lopsided penalty count in the second half - maybe 12 - 3 and that always helps and Churchie had 3 of their 2012 side out with season ending injuries. From what I saw Churchie were not that bad but the ref obviously thought so. Write Churchie off at your peril but I still think it will be a TSS win overall. BBC shape as this year's smokies if they can keep everyone fit. Barker has done it before and Philpotts pulling strings and some apparent changes in attitude could really throw things up in the air.

Allblacks

Frank Row (1)

BSHS v Chirchie 2013

I was there were you. Loved the game. High quality game In shocking conditions both teams threw the ball around and had a go. I was entertained.

Comparison between 2012 and 2013 can't be made after round 1.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Knockers, completely agree. This is an obvious troll effort by Phoenix. Give me a game any day that is decided by a last minute try after a 14 point head start by the other side. I hope there are more this season as they are fun to play and watch, maybe not to coach! Who wants a 40-0 drubbing and who wants a grinding penalty goal fest? Sure there would be Churchie fans upset but NC dropped game 1 of the 2011 season and won the rest so all is not over for Churchie if they review well and sort out their inconsistent application. Phoenix, Churchie beat BSHS and GT last year so I'm unsure how you come up with this BSHS side putting 40 on the Churchie of 2012. Taking nothing away from the winning side on the weekend, they were assisted by a massively lopsided penalty count in the second half - maybe 12 - 3 and that always helps and Churchie had 3 of their 2012 side out with season ending injuries. From what I saw Churchie were not that bad but the ref obviously thought so. Write Churchie off at your peril but I still think it will be a TSS win overall. BBC shape as this year's smokies if they can keep everyone fit. Barker has done it before and Philpotts pulling strings and some apparent changes in attitude could really throw things up in the air.

I think TSS, NC, BBC and BGS will fight it out for podium finishes. Most likely TSS 1st, NC 2nd, BGS/BBC 3rd. Looking forward to the BGS V BBC match- the two smokies this year.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Churchie's reaction to the BSHS loss has been swift. Richie Asiata (Qld II) and formerly of Keebra Park SHS has just started at East Brisbane according to a mate on staff there. Wow - imports arriving during the season now!

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
Churchie's reaction to the BSHS loss has been swift. Richie Asiata (Qld II) and formerly of Keebra Park SHS has just started at East Brisbane according to a mate on staff there. Wow - imports arriving during the season now!
Think this would just be a coincidence of timing. Every parent knows enrolment to a new school is not that simple, and certainly doesn't happen over night!

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
d
complete bull he isn't able to play 1sts if he just arrived

Phoenix

Stan Wickham (3)
Apologies are in order for all regarding some of the ridiculously and rather dumb comments made on my account. i believe my account has been compromised recently and i sincerely apologies for this

in regards to this comparison between players at state high, it is very difficult to compare players as they are in different age groups and will never be able to directly put them against each other. although possibly true will never be able to confirm

nudgee team to beat this year if they play at their best but based on the weekend seem to show a few weaknesses which could be expossed. hard but definately beatable

TSS with the amount of repeaters you think they would be a shoe in, but need to keep composure to take the plate but if nudgee dont step up then Tss will pull though

BBC lack of depth will see them struggle this year, no injuries top 3, with injuries ... thats another story

churhcie poor on the weekend and deserved to lose. put under the slitghtest bit of pressure and they cracked. nothing outstanding for BSHS but to still be able to beat churchie

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)

Interesting. Looks like Gilmore is going back to what he knows. I'm sure he coached him in the QLD U16s.
Sounds desperate. Hard to see how Asiata made it to Churchie though. [Deleted]
What next? TGS boys starting for Churchie next weekend after Saturday's game?

Is Gilmore coaching Qld U16s this year? Last year a large number of TGS players not surprisingly appeared in rep teams. Wonder if the flow on effect will come from Churchie this year...coach selecting his own...

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Predictions for this weekend anyone?
1 27/07/2013 TSS IGS TSS
2 27/07/2013 NC BBC NC
3 27/07/2013 ACGS TGS ACGS
4 27/07/2013 BSHS BGS BSHS
5 27/07/2013 Bye GT Bye

mbw

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apologies are in order for all regarding some of the ridiculously and rather dumb comments made on my account. i believe my account has been compromised recently and i sincerely apologies for this

in regards to this comparison between players at state high, it is very difficult to compare players as they are in different age groups and will never be able to directly put them against each other. although possibly true will never be able to confirm

nudgee team to beat this year if they play at their best but based on the weekend seem to show a few weaknesses which could be expossed. hard but definately beatable

TSS with the amount of repeaters you think they would be a shoe in, but need to keep composure to take the plate but if nudgee dont step up then Tss will pull though

BBC lack of depth will see them struggle this year, no injuries top 3, with injuries . thats another story

churhcie poor on the weekend and deserved to lose. put under the slitghtest bit of pressure and they cracked. nothing outstanding for BSHS but to still be able to beat churchie

If all this talk of repeaters at TSS related to boys in Grade 12 last year the fact is that only 2 players were in Grade 12 last year. Mitch Third spent a lot of the season out with injury so you could hardly begrudge him another crack at it. I heard this talk at Terrace last week but the team was in fact loaded with Grade 11's last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.