• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
UJ looks a classy player T12. Good size and a handy pass. He had a run at both 10 and 12 and looks like he could easily play in either position, though from what I hear he can play anywhere from 10 to 15.

The backline is going to be bloody hard to select. Both wingers went well but there are still Wilder and Mansell to consider. I would say that Fuller and Brandon will be 9 and 10, but then you have to fit the wingers, the other Cox brother, Skelton, UJ and Toby White in.

Complementing that will be a decent forward pack. Very young props with the likes of Bermingham and Paraka, so will be interesting to see how they go with the big boys. Good size and height in the second row and Butler is a very good pick up at 8.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I suspect it may look something like
9-Fuller
10-Brandon
11- Wilder/Mansell
12-Skelton
13 White
14- Sean Cox
15- UJ

Bench: Krelle/Sam Cox, Mansell/Wilder

Scary when you consider at some stage this season we can add Toua and Faulkner to that backline.

U

Utility Back

Pretty good news for the Stingrays;
http://scru.com.au/2012/04/16/genia-wants-to-join-rays/

ONE of the world’s most highly rated halfbacks, Will Genia, is set to sign with the Sunshine Coast Stingrays.
The Australia and Queensland star has signed a letter of intent and his inclusion in the Premier Grade club is expected to be officially announced during the week.
“Every Super 15 and Wallabies player needs to be registered with a premier club and Will has decided he’d like to be with the Stingrays,” chairman Tony Riddle said.
“It is exciting to have him on our books and the best thing is he actually approached us.
“Will thinks highly of the Sunshine Coast – he likes the region.”
Genia, who was previously with Brisbane Norths, has 27 international caps to his name and helped steer the Queensland Reds to the Super Rugby premiership last year.
Stingrays management conceded it was doubtful the 24-year-old would don a Stingrays jersey any time soon but didn’t completely rule out the prospect of him playing for the side at some stage.
“It’s probably unlikely,” Riddle said. “But he will do everything he can do to help rebuild the Stingrays and if he is able to play and he can, then he will – but whether there’s any games for him this year it’s too difficult to say.”
“He’s got 14 games of Super 15 and he’s got Wallabies Test matches. The Super 15 season is followed by the (Rugby Championship) series which includes a trip to Argentina so I don’t think he’s going to be playing for us in 2012.”
The Super Rugby season has a month-long break in June but Genia is likely to be with the Australian camp for a Test against Scotland and three Tests against Wales on home soil.
There is a slim possibility he could play for the Rays at the end of the Super Rugby competition, when there is a month’s break before the Australian team starts its Rugby Championship campaign.
Stingrays coach John Rangihuna said, “it’d be good if he can play for us” but added that it was simply “great” just to have him at the club.
“If he does get back to play with us it would be awesome but even if he is down at training with us that would be great – to have a man with his experience.
“It would be a real buzz for the boys. I’ve got two young halfbacks who idolise him and they’re obviously on cloud nine.
“I’m sure with his experience, what he could offer them would be huge, but we will have to wait and see what happens.”
By Steele Taylor

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I suspect it may look something like
9-Fuller
10-Brandon
11- Wilder/Mansell
12-Skelton
13 White
14- Sean Cox
15- UJ

Bench: Krelle/Sam Cox, Mansell/Wilder

Scary when you consider at some stage this season we can add Toua and Faulkner to that backline.

Faulkner gone for pretty much the season I believe.
Who was the 14 - Keiran ????? He was an impressive runner of the ball too.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Faulkner gone for pretty much the season I believe.
Who was the 14 - Keiran ????? He was an impressive runner of the ball too.

Keiran aka dagg will be a certainty, his form has been too good to leave out and has the size the back line is lacking, I don't think krelle is playing this year. The second row will also see either 2 regular prem players or 2 academy players in reserves.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Keiran aka dagg will be a certainty, his form has been too good to leave out and has the size the back line is lacking, I don't think krelle is playing this year. The second row will also see either 2 regular prem players or 2 academy players in reserves.
I haven't seen any pre-season games this year, but I assume it would be Blake Enever and Greg Riley (if he is still running around), with Michael Stollberg on the bench.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I haven't seen any pre-season games this year, but I assume it would be Blake Enever and Greg Riley (if he is still running around), with Michael Stollberg on the bench.
Riley is still there. Second row is an area that has been strengthened with Enever joining up.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

Keiran ross? QLD Suburbs winger last year & played Wests last year only person i know called keiran who looks like israel dagg.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So from trial form so far GPS, Easts and Uni seem to be in some good form going into the season. The GPS v Uni trial this weekend may give a good indication of what to expect when the season starts from these 2.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Are there many more trials this weekend? I know Easts have the week off.
Anyone seen Brothers, GPS or Sunnybank play? Are they looking to be top contenders again?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank has the weekend off. I know GPS and Uni both beat Sunnybank. Pretty sure Brothers lost to Uni, Sunnybank and GPS.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Definatly seems they wanted to play the other top sides in their trials, in comparison to Easts who played last years strugglers. Should be interesting, GPS are my darkhorse pick for this season.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS has beaten Sunnybank and Brothers. From what I understand the side which beat Brothers was more or less a 'possibles' while the team which beat Sunnybank was a 'probables'. Quite a few new faces down there for Prems and is looking like a very strong team. I believe they will field close to what is going to be the proper team for the season this weekend against Uni.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Definatly seems they wanted to play the other top sides in their trials, in comparison to Easts who played last years strugglers. Should be interesting, GPS are my darkhorse pick for this season.
I don't think GPS are a darkhorse. They have to be favourites to take it out this year. The had a solid team last year and added some quality. A few of the others have also lost some talent.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't think GPS are a darkhorse. They have to be favourites to take it out this year. The had a solid team last year and added some quality. A few of the others have also lost some talent.
Whilst I understand where you are coming from, and i do believe they have a massive chance of winning. I think University and Sunnybank will always be favourites due to the talent and depth they have. Easts have picked up alot of talent from the coast and they have a good side on paper along with decent pre-season form. And then there is Brothers, the fuckin filth are always there.

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Totally agree with you Jets, I also think Uni and Easts will be there or thereabouts up in the air about the rest though with the movements that have happened between the clubs. Wests to be the one that upsets a few of the more fancied sides

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Just out of interest, is there a map that shows the clubs "zones", or at the very least the home grounds?

Initial searching hasn't turned anything up.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Are there many more trials this weekend? I know Easts have the week off.

The only Premier game seems to be GPS v Uni at Yoku Rd. Kick-off 3.20.
Although there's plenty of other good rugby on.
(Eg Ashgrove 1st XV versus St Aloysius of Sydney).

Status
Not open for further replies.