• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
1979 for a tight contest or 2007 for dominant brilliance. The rest fall into partisan 2nd rate obscurity.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
If Tess stopped getting suspended for Grand Finals he'd have played a few more games. ;)

Which one are you referring to Jets? He played in all three Colts GFs, I can't remember his third grade GF but he was definitely in a playing jersey for that one, and for the Premier grade GF win he was out injured with a scaphoid fracture (I know because he was the worst water boy EVER and if you're suspended you can't be on the field, even to run water)

My memory isn't perfect, so you may know of one or two he was suspended for that I don't know of.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Matt Dews from us have played 100+ Prem games.
Hey guys, I've got a question for you to ponder.what has been the best Prem Grand-final you have watched?
2009 easily for me. As we beat Souths with Quade, the twins, plus Van the Man.
2008. A very young Easts side over the Filth by a point.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought you may have voted for that one !!

Another question for the stattos amongst you.

Which player holds the record for the most Grand finals medals won

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
Matt Dews from us have played 100+ Prem games.
Hey guys, I've got a question for you to ponder.what has been the best Prem Grand-final you have watched?
2009 easily for me. As we beat Souths with Quade, the twins, plus Van the Man.
I agree with HJ - 2007 for the dominance and some spectacular play.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
2008 ofcaorse. But the 2007 GF was good because it took away that Easts record for largest loss in a GF. Also because Ben Lucas was untouchable and the Sunnybank team was stacked with wallabies and reds

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
2008 ofcaorse. But the 2007 GF was good because it took away that Easts record for largest loss in a GF. Also because Ben Lucas was untouchable and the Sunnybank team was stacked with wallabies and reds

Ben Lucas was untouchable but I don't recall any Sunnybank players going to the RWC in France as part of he 30 man squad immediately after the GF.
No Wallabies and the only Reds were Holmes, Avei, Blake, Berry and Veratau.
Of course there were household names like Kriukelis, Tronc, Killen, McGregor, Lee, Dart and Sampson.

leakytap

Sydney Middleton (9)
2008 ofcaorse. But the 2007 GF was good because it took away that Easts record for largest loss in a GF. eAlso because Ben Lucas was untouchable and th Sunnybank team was stacked with wallabies and reds
Here are the team lists from that day.
Gold Coast:
  1. P Toetu,
  2. N Byron,
  3. T Tuirirangi S14,
  4. G Morgan (c) exS14,
  5. L Caughley,
  6. R Fuimaono,
  7. D Ese,
  8. B Paraha,
  9. S Batty,
  10. C Niwa,
  11. B Stapleton exS14,
  12. L Johansson S14,
  13. W Walker,
  14. C Dunn,
  15. M Milroy,
  16. S Williams,
  17. W Munsie,
  18. E Teofilo,
  19. C Bracewell,
  20. S Bruce,
  21. B Kirkham,
  22. N Ruchti.
Sunnybank:
  1. R Blake S14,
  2. O Avei S14,
  3. G Holmes S14,
  4. J Kriukelis,
  5. B Tronc,
  6. S Killen,
  7. E McGregor,
  8. J Afu,
  9. N Berry S14,
  10. B Lucas,
  11. K Lee,
  12. T Sampson,
  13. H Veratau S14,
  14. D Ioane S14,
  15. J Dart,
  16. J Tufuga,
  17. N Byrne,
  18. L Billiau,
  19. R Lee,
  20. S Armstrong,
  21. L Bibo,
  22. D Patterson.
Referee: G Acton

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ben Lucas was untouchable but I don't recall any Sunnybank players going to the RWC in France as part of he 30 man squad immediately after the GF.
No Wallabies and the only Reds were Holmes, Avei, Blake, Berry and Veratau.
Of course there were household names like Kriukelis, Tronc, Killen, McGregor, Lee, Dart and Sampson.

3 Wallabies players and and further 3 Reds players is stacked to me, I'm only use to having 1 Wallaby has been (Walker) or a fringe Reds player (quirk) in my club teams at Easts

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
3 Wallabies players and and further 3 Reds players is stacked to me, I'm only use to having 1 Wallaby has been (Walker) or a fringe Reds player (quirk) in my club teams at Easts

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=9006
Holmes was the only one to go and he didn't play any games for the Wallabies in 2007.
I would think 7 established current Wallabies such as Souths in 1992 or Uni who won in 1989 with 8 Wallabies would be stacked.
Last year's Sunnybank team were better on paper and they were no match for 2007.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Is Cottrell back playing for wests this weekend?

How is the ex broncos bloke going for them at 8?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Which one are you referring to Jets? He played in all three Colts GFs, I can't remember his third grade GF but he was definitely in a playing jersey for that one, and for the Premier grade GF win he was out injured with a scaphoid fracture (I know because he was the worst water boy EVER and if you're suspended you can't be on the field, even to run water)

My memory isn't perfect, so you may know of one or two he was suspended for that I don't know of.
He missed at least 1 Colts GF and the 04 GF. He coped quite a bagging about it at the time.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is Cottrell back playing for wests this weekend?

How is the ex broncos bloke going for them at 8?

Ex-Bronco at 8? The Dogs had Waita Setu (Former Broncos toyota cup player) playing 7 for premier grade until he did his knee a fortnight ago against University (was in great form, he won man of the match the week previously against GPS)

I am of the understandiung that Cottrell won't be playing Club Rugby in Brisbane for the next 2 years.

I had a quick chat to him when he was on the Super 15 break & supposedly the Force won't allow Qld players to go home and play Brisbane Club rugby. They're allowed to go play in Sydney or play in the local Perth competition.

I was told the Force don't rate Brisbane club rugby for their players development (which makes no sense because they pillage on a yearly basis players from our competition) * but me thinks that it boils down to the fact that they dont want players going back to Brisbane & suddenly get home sick & try & head back to Brisbane when their contracts are up.

If there was bad blood between the Force & Reds when Sharpie headed Wests, I guess it only got worse when Richard Graham turned his back on the Force. BTW not looking fwd to Richard Graham at the helm, I think the Reds will go backwards.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah Setu was the bloke I was thinking of. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

The force are delusional. I have no problem with them wanting to hold back their contracted players to strengthen the perth comp, but to let them play in sydney and not brisbane is just petty and not in the spirit of club rugby.

Also have my doubts about graham but if the reds can hold onto the other assistant coaches they should be able to put something decent together.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure how accurate this is but have heard rumours that GPS enforcer Mogi Wei (who hasn't played with the side for 3 weeks) won't be returning to Premier Rugby or Australia anytime soon. Apparently he went home to PNG for a quick family catch up and when trying to re-enter Australia was told his Visa was no longer valid and hadn't been for some time. Not exactly sure how long until he's allowed back in but have heard it may be a couple of years. Im suprised he wasn't an Australian citizen as he went to high school in Brisbane and has lived here for nearly 10 years now.

Its a massive blow for GPS as Mogi has been one of their best players now for a couple of years (picked up Musashi player award two weeks in a row at start of this year) and is also a great bloke around the club. Heres hoping he sorts out the travel arrangements sooner rather than later!

T

Tom Carter

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a Beau Robinson. What team should I play for up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom