• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I've edited to remove the questionable paragraph.

I think the Hegarty situation highlighted a loophole that has since been closed - interstate former Qld players are now registered to clubs, even if they'll never play for them.

But it's an interesting one, because until their club in Queensland completes the paperwork, their registration remains with their Queensland club. Obviously with Seuteni, Toua et al, they're playing for another club, so their club had to have completed an international release. But locally, you don't need to be released from Easts Tigers to play for a Super Rugby team.

T

Tigers Tale

Cat_A I appreciate that you have taken this down.

I think the character that you may have been referring to in fact abstained from any involvement on panels relating to QPR that year (2013 and subsequently) due to any perceived conflict of interest.

He certainly was not involved in the QRU decision making process relating to Hegarty in 2013, because being a member of the legal profession he appreciates that not only must justice be done it must be seen to be done.

Nor did that character have any direct involvement with the Easts team that year but I think he had a close relation(s) that was.

He would be mortified to think his integrity is being questioned by your eminently informed "mates @ GPS".

I posted a few weeks back (23 April - Page 74) in the midst of my one man war with the GPS club that:
“Maybe I am a little anti-GPS but that only stems from the arrogance your club displayed during the 2013 final series. Details of which I will not go into.”

Well maybe the Hegarty issue was just one of the incidents of contempt that the GPS club exhibited during the 2013 finals series - they had contempt for the QRU, the match officials, the judiciary, and their opponents on Grand Final day - and just maybe they got what they deserved.

Historically GPS are not a mortal enemy of Easts but some of the incidents during the 2013 final series changed that and I would say that there has been a bit extra in the matches that they have played subsequent to 2013.

Let’s hope that Dammers has now been schooled up by the GPS faithful and that there will be no one complaining late Saturday afternoon that he doesn’t understand the “GPS culture”.

It will be a great clash on Saturday and maybe there is still enough of the personnel from 2013 still involved in order to give it a bit extra spice - let's hope so.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I think with the coaching turnover rate at GPS any coaching survivors would be highly unlikely.

I think the perception of impropriety in club rugby is infinitely more common than the actual incidence of impropriety and my personal experience is that people are good and overwhelmingly honest. I believe/hope this has come across in many of my posts. My initial (now deleted) paragraph was a rash and short-lived impulse that is beneath my own standards.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think I know who Cat is alluding to, and its different to whom I think you are alluding to. Perhaps.

Well maybe the Hegarty issue was just one of the incidents of contempt that the GPS club exhibited during the 2013 finals series - they had contempt for the QRU, the match officials, the judiciary, and their opponents on Grand Final day - and just maybe they got what they deserved.

But it wasn't just GPS who had a go at the QRU and match officials that day was it? Remember, I was there first hand.

T

Tigers Tale

No worries Cat_A - I appreciate your retraction - my beef was not with you but with your "mates @ GPS" who questioned this bloke who has done a great deal for the QRU and the Easts club over many years and who does not need his integrity questioned by some dis-enchanted muppets from Yoku Rd.

T

Tigers Tale

Reg - I think the GPS contempt was not just restricted to incidents on GF day.

My posts relating to this was in defence of the character who the finger was pointed at.

Lets agree to disagree and let it rest, and hope that we have a great day of rugby at Yoku this Saturday between two proud clubs.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Sheesh TT you love to stir it up!

I'm not going to sugar coat it though, I hate GPS just as much as Brothers. Probably stems from my schoolboy days playing against all the Marist Boys in those GPS sides! So I'm looking forward to the Tigers trouncing them this weekend! :p

T

Tigers Tale

Give it to them T12 - I am going to go into hibernation for a while.

I'll observe but will keep my fingers off the key board.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I've heard Marco Kotze is starting for GPS this weekend. He could be the forwards leader GPS need to knock off the Tigers. The back line has been red hot each week but the forward pack is getting belted which makes it impossible for front foot ball.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Now that the NRC is around, I don't think we will have the Hegarty issue again.

My understanding is that we tried to get Bryce Hegarty and Sean McMahon (both played games for us in 2013) back up to club land leading into finals time last year but the move was blocked by the VRU. They had to align with a Melbourne club side so they could represent the Melbourne Rising in the NRC Comp. So now they are no longer officially with us. Hegarty ended up getting a shoulder recon and McMahon went on to play some fantastic rugby and was rewarded with spot on the Spring Tour.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Souths v Bond – BLK Griffith University Premier Rugby Radio Show Coverage

Souths: Markus Vanzati, Maile Ngauamo, David Faeo, Matt Bennetts, Stuart Williamson, James Turner, Beau Robinson, Jonathan Kalauta, Scott Malolua, Teti Tela, Kalavite Kaloni, Paul Brown, Stephan Van Der Walt, Mika Tela, Andy Muirhead
Coach: Brett Picone

Bond: Israel Rapata, Alex Mafi, Sam Clifton, Rubin Fuimaono, Sam Fattal, Jake Upfield, Digger McMillan, Nuku Swerling, Luke Evans, Vitori Buatava, Gus Qasevakatini, Cass Walding, Yuga Hyakutake, Lochy Duncan, Sam Cox
Coach: Sean Hedger

GPS v Easts – LIVE stream via Reds TV – www.redsrugby.com.au
Location: Yoku RoadEasts: AJ Campbell, Sam Richards, Josef Horomia, James Moore, Greg Riley, Tyrell Barker, Tom Milosevic, James Su’a, Jack Mullins, Matt Brandon, Johnny Wilder, Matt Gordon, Toby White, Matt Carroll, Elliot Hagen
Coach: Tim Sampson

GPS: Fred Burke, Feleti Kaitu’u, Ryan Freney, Marco Kotze, Dan Gorman, Mitch King, Tom McVerry, Michael Richards, Eden Campbell-O’Brien, Stefano Hunt, Kimami Sitauti, Sam Johnson, Eliah Bailie, Isaac Weier, Jason Hofmeyr
Coach: Todd Dammers

University of Queensland v Norths

University: Tonga Ma’afu, Campbell Wakely, Sef Fa’agase, Angus Ryan, Phil Potgieter, Dave McDuling, Conor Mitchell, Jack de Guingand, Scott Gale, Ed Gibson, Joe Jenkins, Nathan Russell, Harry Parker, Gareth Kalell, Jamie-Jerry Taulagi
Coach: Mick Heenan

Norths: Garrath Ryan, Bart Ritchie, Zac Bowman, Roberts Puli’uvea, Andy Weaver, Api Naiyobo, Nathan Keating Jones, Hendrik Tui, Sean Minehan, Logan Tibbets, Tonga Hopoi, Siaosi Lealiifano, Mitch Fuller, Veresa Mataitini, Craig Hunt
Coach: Nick Fogarty

Wests v Sunnybank

Wests: Sione Na’s Helu, Mick Lee, Jake Newell, Tom Holliday, Harry Struss, Jeremiah Lynch, Fraser Donaldson, Rob Rutledge, Tim Smith, Andrew Turner, Peter Nelson, Devyn Smith, Tyrone Lefau, Morgan Gasman, Luke Ferry
Coach: Pat Byron

Sunnybank: Haydn Hirsimaki, Sam Mellor, Tereina Mclean, Andrew Gentles, Sam Rochester, George Blomfield, Chazz Mahina, Jeffery Faamausili, Sean O’Connor, Mitch Third, Junior Laloifi, Henry Taefu, Rex Tapuai, Peter Lee, Matt Feaunati

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tui is set to play his first game of the year for Norths.
11012188_10153230955110236_3608832040715194188_n.jpg

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
11025937_10153230953865236_2625085962382090016_n.jpg
Sorry to clog up the feed, but here is another image published by the Reds. A great photo of Tim Horan running around for Souths. Something for all those Magpies supporters out there. I think this was back in the mid to late 90s when Souths won several premiership.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tui should be a stand out at club level. Granted it may take a few weeks for him to get match fit but I wouldn't expect many more 50pt drubbings for Norths, a bloke of his caliber hopefully lifts the other players.

Propsperspective

Frank Nicholson (4)
Umm can someone tell me if the Souths theme song is "Take me home to Chipsy Wood' as in the first line of the Premier Weekly this week? I thought it was only the dogs who had that theme but must say never hung around much after a Souths win to hear it. If it isn't then the QRU may need to employ some folks who know something about club footy, last week MicK Heenan was coaching both Brothers and UQ according to the program.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Umm can someone tell me if the Souths theme song is "Take me home to Chipsy Wood' as in the first line of the Premier Weekly this week? I thought it was only the dogs who had that theme but must say never hung around much after a Souths win to hear it. If it isn't then the QRU may need to employ some folks who know something about club footy, last week MicK Heenan was coaching both Brothers and UQ according to the program.

It is, but it isn't the main song
"Magpie for me" is the normal after-match song, but take me home is sung at players nights, finals, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.