• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not 100% without seeing the lists but I'm fairly sure Kotze, Kuridrani and Radike are the only contracted blokes playing for GPS this weekend.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
there's this:

IMG_3316.PNG

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse I was just joking I appreciate that you have more to gain than Uni in getting players back.

You keep saying Shannon Walker (something which I have been guilty of for years) but are you sure that it was in fact Shannon Walker the other week who played for Souths because I hope not for Souths sake that it wasn't because according to the ARU website he is still registered as an Easts player??

I hope Souths got the player release from Easts.

I know going back to about 2007 Easts were deducted competition points for playing Cameron Treloar who had been playing with the Reds and was listed in the Super Rugby program as an Easts player but Easts had not secured a release from his Sydney club - Eastwood - and consequently the QRU docked Easts competition points.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
TT unless he actually signed a rego form for Easts in 2015, there is no need for a clearance when a player goes between one Brisbane based club and another Brisbane based club. A clearance is needed if he actually signed with Easts or if he was registered with another Union e.g. Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast or ACT.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse you are 100% correct sorry for casting a stone.

That being said would be great to see Shannon Walker playing QPR even if its not for Easts - he is very quick.

Good luck to you at Uni tomorrow - I hope your lads can keep the 2015 dream alive.

T

Tigers Tale

Good luck to your lads too Big Dog - I will be cheering on GPS from Sylvan Rd tomorrow because a GPS win would make Filth and his mates very nervous, knowing they finish Easts, Uni & Souths.

Brothers wouldn't want to stall like they did in 2013.

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Team lists on Reds site... Not many Reds fronting this weekend. CFS for Souths Kurandrani for GPS is about it. Uni, Souths and GPS could feel a bit hard done by?? Not that those teams are reliant on Reds players to be competitive.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Team lists are out, Feauia-Sautia starting on the wing for Souths, and McIntyre back for the Dragons.

Schoolboy superstar Iziah Perese starting at outside for Easts. Someone told me he is still 17? He has such an athletic build for a kid that age. I assume Toby White has a minor injury or is unavailable this weekend, he's had a few knocks lately.

Keen to see how Perese goes, I've heard a lot of hype.

T

Tigers Tale

Toby White is injured but will hopefully be back for the Bros game.

Looking forward to seeing Perese run around both Gunn & Placid debuted in 2013 as 17 y.o. also.

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse Reds aside are you down on troops today - i.e. Turner, Faeo, etc

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Warhorse Reds aside are you down on troops today - i.e. Turner, Faeo, etc

Jimmy Turner has had personal commitments for last week and this week, Davey Feao and Mike Noble share a rotation and either one could actually start, it appears Shannon Walker hasn't yet recovered from an ankle injury he suffered against Sunnybank, not sure if Tom Murday is still suffering from a leg injury and not sure about Beau Robinson.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Brothers 68 d GPS 22 (!)
Sunnybank 56 d Norths 15
Easts 29 d Wests 21
Uni 36 d Souths 26

Sunnybank back in the top 4 ...

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Unfortunately for Souths I think the dream is over. They have played some great rugby but a couple of soft losses in the first round have cost them in the end. Last week and again today they have come back from considerable margins to get close but not close enough.
I don't normally make comments about referees on this forum but after today's display by Matt O'Brien, I feel I have to make an exception.
How University were allowed for so long into the match to continue to be offside at the breakdown before O'Brien started to issue penalties and Yellow Cards is bewildering. Granted he didn't seem to be getting any assistance from his Assistants.
By the time he did anything about the offside and knock ons it was 36-14 and the match was lost. Souths showed grit to outscore University 26-15 in the second half but it was too much. O'Brien was bewildering in Super 15 and it was no different today.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

convenient wisdom

Allen Oxlade (6)
Spot on warhorse. On another day, uni will be pinged out of the contest if they dont learn to support their own body weight over the ball when going the jackal, and if they continue to hold on after making a tackle. Bewildering rules today, but uni deserved to win. They mostly won the contests all day. With so much to play for, it remains a mystery to me why souths started so poorly. 2 scrum penalties on their own feed, 3 out of their throws in the first 4 lineouts were stuffed up, (and I think 7 out of the first 10, I think)). A bunch of other penalties, meant no ball or field position and 21 - 0 after 15 mins. That is where the match was lost, and the ref had nothing to do with that. Sad days.

You just have to be physically and mentally ready to go. Just call simple lineouts early, bash it up and belt a few bodies about until the game settles down . Uni did, magpies didn't. Prem grade players should not need to be told.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Easts vs Wests was a tight affair with Wests winger "George" scoring two lightning tries to have Wests lead 18-12 at the break.
Easts never panicked and ground out a classy win against a solid Wests team.
Wests named AJ Campbell from Easts "player of the day" .
He surely must be in the NRC squad for Brisbane and on S15 radar now.

Full credit to Wests who never stopped trying and made Easts work harder than some more fancied teams.
Toby White was missed today.

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse - I agree with you on the Matt O'Brien front which is really sad because he would be considered #2 behind the Hoff in QPR with Mitchelmore #3 and he was ordinary today.

Fritz AJ may well get an NRC spot but when Paraka is back he's back to the Tigers bench. Josef Horamia played last 10 today and had 3/4 telling hit ups. Tigers front row depth is best in the comp.

T

Tigers Tale

Table after Round 15
Easts 57
Bros 50
Uni 44
Snbk 43
Souths** 40

** Souths have a bye in Rnd 16 all others have had their 2 byes.

Easts need to improve on a few fronts if they are going to get wins v Bros(16) & Snbk(17). Today will hopefully spark some reality checks that they need to lift but can't really fault a side that has only dropped one game all season.

I am sure that Sampson/Conellan we use today in order to get the boys to lift and build into the finals.

Easts are only 3 points from an assured major semi spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.