• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Jeeps over UQ by 8
Souths over Sunnybank by 18+
Easts over Wests by 10
Brothers over Norths by 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Upsets in order:
Doggies will bite back against East who have enjoyed the service of their professional stars in past wk but are missing.
Doggies will bite back.
Dragons will blow fire all over a Cooper-less Maggies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't think Quade will be used in the NRC by the QRU sides (BC or QC (Quade Cooper)).

Particularly if Brad Thorn coaches QC (Quade Cooper) again.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't think Quade will be used in the NRC by the QRU sides (BC or QC (Quade Cooper)).

Particularly if Brad Thorn coaches QC (Quade Cooper) again.

It would seem silly not to use Quade in the NRC given that it is meant to give club players opportunities at a higher level - he was always Brisbane City so no Thorn issues there - can't see Thorn coaching NRC again - meant to give other coaches an opportunity to demonstrate their readiness to take over the Reds coaching job (proven pathway - Stiles and Thorn! Who will be next?)

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Mate, Thorn isn’t coaching in the NRC again. He is beyond that. It was merely a stepping stone to super rugby.

Reactions: dru

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Upsets in order:
Doggies will bite back against East who have enjoyed the service of their professional stars in past wk but are missing.
Doggies will bite back.
Dragons will blow fire all over a Cooper-less Maggies.

DOGGIES!!!!

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Doughty Cup this week.

Brothers 6 North’s 2
Souths 6 Bank 2
GPS 5 UQ 4
West’s (DOGGIES) 4 East’s 3

If all goes to plan Brothers will extend their lead, Souths overtake UQ and Jeeps move a little closer.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thought your guys match should of been match of the round.

Heavies & Gallopers are 2 of the top teams yet the QRU are giving the Norths v Brothers match top billing in what can only be seen as the “participation certificate” where both teams are currently positioned on the ladder.

Perhaps the QRU gets angry feedback about the heavies being match of the round too frequent or not enough Eagles games IDK but just doesn’t feel like the real match of the round

Yeah and throw in your Doggies for the Participation Certificate.

You can still watch Jeeps v UQ online, just without the commentary

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Souths (incl. Quade) are still the benchmark in the competition despite their loss on the weekend.

They have been the most consistent side in the comp to date.

Yes that’s true, however when I said GPS was the standard, it was round 1, before Souths started. I said that because they (Jeeps) had good backs and forwards, very good set pieces and was an all round mature rugby team.

As a standard it is the minimum required to be the best; in that context if you beat Jeeps then you can expect to be in the top 4 and probably make your way into the finals series. On the other hand if you consistently beat Souths you can expect to be favourites to win the cup!!

See the subtle difference??

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah and throw in your Doggies for the Participation Certificate.

haha mate, you know im just throwing a bit of subtle filth banter. I'd say between your guys and UQ ya the bulldogs biggest rival. If my team is gonna suffer in 2018 least i can take solice that it's neither Brothers year as well.

You can still watch Jeeps v UQ online, just without the commentary

True right. love all the live streams. Nothing beats being down at the ground enjoying the grassroots but on the days when you can't make it turning it to the youtube app to get your premier grade action. what a time to be alive.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Norths win 21-17. Nick Jooste's boot is MOM. Great derby match. Now Im going to sink a six pack. Woo!

What a great match at Hugh Courtney today - top local derby and good physical cal - very few errors for first 70 mins - Reece Hewat so dominant that I thought Norths were gone when he left the field with 20 to go but they held in against a great surge from Brothers - very entertaining and congrats to both teams

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gee the competition benchmark seems to change weekly!

Is it still GPS or Souths, or is it now Uni?

Reactions: vac

Eagleforlife

Bob McCowan (2)
Each club is guareeted one match of the round. Outside of that the games are decided based on what the QRU deem the best game to highlight.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Obviously disappointed to see the Bulldogs go down but not disappointed with the effort. Just can't seem to get the cheese in 2018.

I was interested that Izaia Perese turned out for the Tigers in the second half - score a very important try with a nice angled run through the centre - particularly since the Reds didn't fly in until after 5pm - good effort for your club young man.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Has anyone got a team for the first round pencilled in? There's been a lot of great individual performances so far.
1. Manu Bond
2. Ready Easts
3. Burke GPS
4. Bennet Souths
5. Lynch Wests
6. Wilson Bros
7. Farell Souths
8. Ford Bond
9. Gale UQ
10. Cooper Souths
11. Gibbon Bros
12. Gordon Easts
13. Tasi Souths
14. Totovosau Easts
15. Nikoro GPS
Unfortunately not enough Jeeps boys there but I'm sure we will kick into gear next round.
For mind Ford, Lynch & Gordon have been the standout players to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.